What's new

Question Does ANYONE here uses Cyblax over Cyrax in a competitive level?

Owerbart

I miss you
Ok, he might not be the coolest kid on the block and I've never played Cyrax beyond the basics, but at least I heard he has an unpunishable teleport, which in some cases against heavy punishers (my boy Ermac) may be an asset.

Also, from a practical point of view, is THAT much difficult to land his resets?

Thanks in advance for the response.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
On paper, he's better. But in my experience, Cyrax is more fluid all around.

Telepoof and lowered hitbox on his Net is nice, but I'm not crazy about the trade.

NariTuba

disMember
I have used Cyblax exclusively for months now, he's very different from robo. Certain matchups are played completely different. It is possible that Cyblax actually beats Cyrax in the mirror. He remains largely unexplored when it comes to specific matchups and how to play them.

The resets are not harder to land than Cyrax, not at high level. The timing is different and a little more strict on certain parts but its no biggie.

Robo's unbreakable options and damage are better, but Cyblax cannot really be outzoned except for Kabal (who doesnt really outzone him either, but he does get a free 50/50 or pressure after he teleports because of how stupid the recovery of iagb is)

If you get predictable with the teleport people will start baiting it to get free pressure on you, but that also means you can bait projectiles and punish them super hard.

Its always a tense situation when Cyblax teleports next to you because of his retarded damage (second only to robo). The teleport really has odd properties, so opponents have to make a pretty dangerous decision every time you do it. If they time their pressure (or throw) so that it hits you after the invincibility wears off they have gotten the best case scenario. But if they time it early, they will hit you while you are invincible, which means that if you jab them they get "whiff punished" for 70%. They absolutely cannot cross you over at all after the teleport because you can blow them up with AAt on reaction, so they are left with just backing off. Jumping back is always dangerous against cyrax (both robo and human) so the safe move is to dash or walk back, in which case they get off clean but also sacrifice the advantage.
I've been secretly using him for a couple months now. I love him
Anything you might want to share is super welcome, very few of us playing Cyblax. :)

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I think back when everyone and their mother was picking up Cyrax solely for the command grab bomb trap, and Cyblax's recovery on his bombs was too slow to guarantee it, that hurt his rep more than anything. I think Cyblax would really discipline a lot of players' fundamentals, but everyone just wants free damage handed to them. Yes his resets are stricter, but that's to be expected from a rushed alternate costume trying to perform inadvertent exploits to begin with. Dude still gets 50 - 60% from 1 bar legit and a teleport you can't do anything about if it's misread.

That's not to say Cyrax isn't worth it, but considering the general mindset there is behind him, it's too dubious to draw a line between the two imo.

dendeno9

Noob
Okay, I noticed today in NEC there were a surprising number of people using Cyblax, which really boosted my confidence in him as a character. I've definitely put loads more time into Cyblax instead of Cyrax because I just like him, but I always kind of thought I was wasting time by not playing as Cyrax because he's generally better is what I've heard here. I mean he's even lower on a lot of tier lists I've seen, but watching people play Cyblax today showed me that he can be used at a competitive level and I'm going to stick to Cyblax.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Cyrax = quicker recovery from bombs nets and more damaging resets

Cyblax = safe teleport and lowered hitbox on net

It depends which one you would rather have, they are both different for different matchups of course. I would Cyrax is a tad better

ForeverKing

The resets are not harder to land than Cyrax, not at high level. The timing is different and a little more strict on certain parts but its no biggie.
I have been trying his resets but I cannot get them down consistently, they do seem pretty tough. This is what I use:

JIP 21 net, JIP 21 EX bomb, medium bomb, 11 close bomb, net, NJP, b2, 21 net, deep jump kick uppercut. 70%

Is there an easier reset or more damaging reset? Am I doing right? It would be appreciated for help

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
yea i blew up a really good cyrax player online, then he switched to cyblax and owned me... i guess thats because his teleport is safe and i didnt know that, thnx.

dendeno9

Noob
In comparing Cyrax and Cyblax, has anyone here ever considered that Cyrax's bombs are large, basketball sized with lights on them that make a very distinct and noticeable beep, but Cyblax on the other hand has small baseball sized glass things that only make a slight "tink" sound when they hit the ground. What I'm getting at is: Does the fact that Cyblax's bombs are less noticeable mean that you may be more likely to catch people off guard with them, or do people notice it either way? I mean obviously any self respecting player would see it and try to avoid, but maybe there's just that small chance that people don't notice it because their attention was elsewhere i.e. the life bar.

Cyblax's bombs also come out more subtly. They don't really have a sound effect to them other than a little ding when they hit the ground. For opponents that are very reliant on sound cues, this (gimmick?) can open up potential mind games if he becomes explored more.

I guess an example would be, when robo-Cyrax throws a far bomb, a different sound effect comes out then from a mid bomb, giving me the automatic cue if I should move out of the way since it's not always about if the bomb is right under my feet or not..Cyblax's far and mid bomb don't have a different sound effect, just that super-duper quiet "ding". A little observation, I'm no Cyrax expert.

NariTuba

disMember
I have been trying his resets but I cannot get them down consistently, they do seem pretty tough. This is what I use:

JIP 21 net, JIP 21 EX bomb, medium bomb, 11 close bomb, net, NJP, b2, 21 net, deep jump kick uppercut. 70%

Is there an easier reset or more damaging reset? Am I doing right? It would be appreciated for help
Thats the current bnb and the easiest, whats the part you usually drop it at?

There's both a higher damage opening combo (very strict) and a higher damage second combo (strict). I'll be posting a current Cyblax bnb thread soon.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I use cyblax...

I only know how to do specials, standard reset, uppercut breaker trap reset, corner reset, and regular combos.

its all you need. He does have his hard MU though.

ForeverKing

Thats the current bnb and the easiest, whats the part you usually drop it at?

There's both a higher damage opening combo (very strict) and a higher damage second combo (strict). I'll be posting a current Cyblax bnb thread soon.
Wow I kinda just made that combo up myself lol. I didn't know it was the current bnb. But I usually drop it at the 11~net part because the close bomb slides too far away and the explosion isn't close enough to catch the guy as he is dissolving from the net

NariTuba

disMember
ok here's two tips:

Make the dash before the 1,1 as short as possible, which means you catch them higher.

Make sure you dash backwards after the 1,1 and before the close bomb. You actually cancel the 1,1 with a back dash and then cancel that dash with the close bomb. This will place the bomb right at their feet just as the net releases them. Once you master this it becomes easy; a short back dash cancel is all you need for the reset to happen every time with a njp followup.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Ok, he might not be the coolest kid on the block and I've never played Cyrax beyond the basics, but at least I heard he has an unpunishable teleport, which in some cases against heavy punishers (my boy Ermac) may be an asset.

Also, from a practical point of view, is THAT much difficult to land his resets?

Thanks in advance for the response.

Master Li says: "It is good to remember the basics"

ForeverKing

21 net jip 121 eh bomb, (dash back) close bomb, standing 1 (or down 1) net, "reset" njp, b2 21 net 33 buzz saw.

I used to reset with d1 net but had more consistency landing the reset with standing 1 net.

Works like a charm.
Thanks this is pretty much similar to what I do. You know after NJP, b2, 21 net, you can do jump kick than 33 buzz saw for some more damage