What's new

Does anybody play better when they're not sober?

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
There is a sweet spot with the bews IMO. After I have had a few I seem to stop over thinking every situation, take more risks and just let it flow similar to what Jimmypotato describes. It's pretty fun. However should you continue down that path it will not last. You will think it does, but alas it does not. I'm often quite intoxicated when I'm playing on-line, and no it does not help.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I play a lot better when I'm high on the the cannabis. I've taken LSD and played MK, which was amazing, but kind of a struggle when your mind wants to look at the eye candy. I can't play well when I'm drunk, but barbiturates are fun to take and play games lol. I know this makes me sounds like a drug addict, but I just mostly smoke buds lol. LSD is just a fun toy to mess with here and there and the barbiturates are for the current pain in my foot from standing for 10+ hours a day. Under the influence :coffee:

Last edited:

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I've been playing fighting games drunk for a good decade now, and can safely say that until I'm completely slaughtered I do just fine.

Around 40 oz of beer consumed at a fast pace, there is a sweet spot where you get a very solid buzz and play a little more freely while not having it affect reaction time or anything. Though honestly my execution stays airtight until around 10 shots at this point in my life.

mfkaoz

Banned
I think playing while drunk actually makes me better. When I'm sober I'm constantly thinking about my next move and how I'm gonna get my next confirm but when I'm drunk I don't give a fuck and just go in, lol. I never drop combos when I'm drunk either which is weird.

Vagrant

Noob
I can't name any names but you guys would be surprised at the number of really good players who have made top 8 at big tournaments drunk or stoned to help them chill out.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
2 shots of cheap whiskey puts me in the perfect head space to deal with tourney nerves...

A caffeine high actually helps my execution and reactions...

Too bad mixing stimulants and depressants is sort of counter-productive...

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I can't name any names but you guys would be surprised at the number of really good players who have made top 8 at big tournaments drunk or stoned to help them chill out.
Would they be considered "performance enhancing" drugs then? :DOGE

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I made the same exact thread last year and my shit go closed within 30 minutes of being open, but this is at two pages of replies? Fuck outta here... Nothing against you Draculla.
I seen Crimson say in the PL thread don't bunch the mods together, but... Damn. How is this allowed but mines wasn't?