What's new

Does anybody play better when they're not sober?

Nope. I usually do drunk injustice once or twice a week and my reactions (as dicey as they are already) turn to absolute poop. My execution usually isn't affected too much (at least from my perception) but I ain't blocking *anything*.
Thankfully aquaman is so braindead that I can play him drunk out of my mind and still beat the majority of people in ranked.
EDIT:
Actually fuck it.....I'm drunk now...IMA jump on live right now.

E

Eldriken

Nope. I usually do drunk injustice once or twice a week and my reactions (as dicey as they are already) turn to absolute poop. My execution usually isn't affected too much (at least from my perception) but I ain't blocking *anything*.
Thankfully aquaman is so braindead that I can play him drunk out of my mind and still beat the majority of people in ranked.
EDIT:
Actually fuck it.....I'm drunk now...IMA jump on live right now.
Hit me up the next time you're feeling this way so I can see just how good you are with Aquaman. That is, if you're up to the challenge. ;)

I'd do so now, but I'm at work.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
I'm starting to think I might.

Normally, my execution is decent, but I will eventually drop stuff, especially if I am being frustrated by a matchup. Dropped inputs will in turn make me even more frustrated, which in turn makes me drop more inputs. You can see the issue...

However, when I am mildly inebriated, especially on apple pies, I seem to remain calm and find it much easier to shake off drops or losses.
Granted, I haven't experimented with it much, but lately it seems to be helping a lot. Might need to start drinking before tournaments again.

E

Eldriken

There's always the option of not being sober while excluding alcohol.

I've found that it makes matches much, much more fun. I get so much more into it and don't give two squirts of piss when I lose to stupid shit. I just carry on hoping to find another good match to get hyped up over.

I love matches that get my adrenaline pumping because they're so close.

The Highlander

There can be only one
Drunk injustice is the best, there's a sweet spot where I feel like I actually do get slightly better. Obviously after that reactions are slowed. I'm a happy drunk though so it might be that I'm just getting less frustrated. Or you know I'm too drunk to realise that I'm losing more...

E

Eldriken

Drunk injustice is the best, there's a sweet spot where I feel like I actually do get slightly better. Obviously after that reactions are slowed. I'm a happy drunk though so it might be that I'm just getting less frustrated. Or you know I'm too drunk to realise that I'm losing more...
Or maybe you're just too drunk to give a damn. =D

The Highlander

There can be only one

I've found that it makes matches much, much more fun. I get so much more into it and don't give two squirts of piss when I lose to stupid shit. I just carry on hoping to find another good match to get hyped up over.

That feeling where a match goes to the limit is the reason I play fighting games, I think 16 bit made the analogy that a player's IQ lowers the closer they get to defeat and it's so true. Both players scramble to get that last hit or bit of chip and clear thought goes right out the window, it's awesome.

E

Eldriken

That feeling where a match goes to the limit is the reason I play fighting games, I think 16 bit made the analogy that a player's IQ lowers the closer they get to defeat and it's so true. Both players scramble to get that last hit or bit of chip and clear thought goes right out the window, it's awesome.
I KNOW! But I play on that shit SO hard against other players. I know that when I'm chip damage away from losing that they're likely to start doing tons of stupid shit to get that last little bit of damage and I end up walking away with the win.

I'm guilty of doing the same, but I try to tell myself not to because they're likely expecting it. Depending on the character I'm facing, I go into über turtle mode with Doomsday when my health is that low. People don't know what to do if they don't have a projectile that's hard to avoid. :p

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
If I'm playing a fighting game, there is a 95% chance there is beer in front of me.

Jimmy skill goes like this

1-6 - average, still thinking too much, execution is shit

6-10 - Above Average, Hit crazy set ups and combos, still lose from thinking too much

10-16 - The Fuckin Stylin bomb diggity. Shit talking skill in full effect. 0 actually thinking going on, just ass beatings and Arrows flying everywhere. Can only be beat by Aquaman, Martian Man Hunter, Zod, Black Adam, Bane

16-20 - Don't actually care about playing anymore, but don't actually stop playing. Lose most matches because people have stopped blocking and just mash out of shit. Pretty much hate Injustice at this point

20-24 - Done playing, on TYM shit talking people because over reactions are funny when you are this drunk.

(This is for Offline and Online)

Fromundaman

I write too much.

This is true, but I find it less effective and somewhat less fun because A) I get SUPER anti-social, and also B) I do much MUCH better for a little bit, then after a little while much MUCH worse.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
When I smoke and get high I play a shit ton better. I think its the artist in me; everything looks so pretty that I just want to win in style and I do my best more so than usual to make it happen. Jades glow will always fascinate the hell out of me....the aura she has, the lighting around her after...and all in all the sound effects of the games. Me and my roommates used to get together and play SCV like this lol. We'd create stupid shit and then just be silly

Last edited:

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
If I'm playing a fighting game, there is a 95% chance there is beer in front of me.

Jimmy skill goes like this

1-6 - average, still thinking too much, execution is shit

6-10 - Above Average, Hit crazy set ups and combos, still lose from thinking too much

10-16 - The Fuckin Stylin bomb diggity. Shit talking skill in full effect. 0 actually thinking going on, just ass beatings and Arrows flying everywhere. Can only be beat by Aquaman, Martian Man Hunter, Zod, Black Adam, Bane

16-20 - Don't actually care about playing anymore, but don't actually stop playing. Lose most matches because people have stopped blocking and just mash out of shit. Pretty much hate Injustice at this point

20-24 - Done playing, on TYM shit talking people because over reactions are funny when you are this drunk.

(This is for Offline and Online)
I came in here to tag you, but you had already explained it :)

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
When I get smoke and get high I play a shit ton better. I think its the artist in me; everything looks so pretty that I just want to win in style and I do my best more so than usual to make it happen. Jades glow will always fascinate the hell out of me....the aura she has, the lighting around her after...and all in all the sound effects of the games. Me and my roommates used to get together and play SCV like this lol. We'd create stupid shit and then just be silly
Try playing MK on LSD:rolleyes::eek::eek: