What's new

Dodge rolls for a bar. This changes things.

JDM

Noob
Costs a bar and just adds another layer to the mindgame. "maybe he's going to roll past this projectile, so I'll just sit here and have him waste meter" maybe even punish the roll.

What kinda zoning do you want? Someone glued to the floor why you shoot lasers at them?

I Love zoning but I like giving my opponents some options to get around it.

yeah just like the run button adds another layer to zoning right xD

if you can react to a projectile and roll through it guaranteed that's gonna make zoning irrelevant. Hence why I said "might". Looks gross to me, covers a ton of range too.

haketh

Noob

if you can react to a projectile and roll through it guaranteed that's gonna make zoning irrelevant. Hence why I said "might". Looks gross to me, covers a ton of range too.
Yeah the range could be a problem, people are doing a KOF comparison but

1. KOF Rolls for the most part cover very little distance
2. The Invul isn't that long
3. They have horrendus recovery
4. They were only strike invul, you could get grabbed out of them so trying to roll a Athena Psycho Ball would get you CMD grabbed at certain distances

Gotta get more details on IGAU2 rolls but the distance they cover & how quick they seem *Stressing this here* seems a bit OD. It does cost a bar though so who knows that may balance it out.

Wetdoba

All too easy...

Run costed no meter and could be cancelled at any point to block so you couldnt punish it and also let you cancel the run into an advancing move potentially with armor on it, verrrryyy different

As long as you have to make a commitment to your movement options tgere will be legit zoning

portent

Noob
Seems I struck a nerve....
Not at all, actually, I prefer rushdown characters. I do, however, appreciate and respect players who play zoners and the skill involved to use them.

If you're an NRS only player, especially if Injustice and MKX are your only 2, then I get why you're saying what you're saying, because you've likely never played a game that doesn't rely on un-seeable, un-reactable 50/50's.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Yeah the range could be a problem, people are doing a KOF comparison but

1. KOF Rolls for the most part cover very little distance
2. The Invul isn't that long
3. They have horrendus recovery
4. They were only strike invul, you could get grabbed out of them so trying to roll a Athena Psycho Ball would get you CMD grabbed at certain distances

Gotta get more details on IGAU2 rolls but the distance they cover & how quick they seem *Stressing this here* seems a bit OD. It does cost a bar though so who knows that may balance it out.
Excellent comparison here. Plus things like stage size all matter tremendously where these are concerned in Injustice 2 as well. We have a lot of details we need to get. There is a Q&A tonight on facebook with Ed Boon after the IGN footage is set to air (IGN at 7:20 PM est and the Q&A at 7:30PM via facebook). We should make a joint effort to try and push these questions about this mechanic, the other breaker thing we saw, and how they are handling the tournament oriented modes given the Gear system.

Its a lot to take in and we could use some details.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Interesting, I also like how they got rid of the STUPID circular MVP -sque meter, I hated that shit it was hard to tell just how much bar you had left at times, thank God they changed that to 4 bars meter. Thank you NRS!! So much better this way and easier to see! And they have the traid separate, also great thinking!

If this move has armor I may use this in say a get out of the corner situation, but guess we'll have to wait and see for future NRS casts to find out if it does or not. Like if someone's attacking you can you just armor roll?

Also for those bashing zoners, it's a viable tactic that does take skill to keep people away and know distances as to what's safe, proper footsies, what's not safe etc I'll give a zoner props any day over a lame rush down player who traps you in lame unescapable frame traps *yawn* I think people who hate on zoners are just horrible at getting in, that's your problem lol.

Last edited:
Not at all, actually, I prefer rushdown characters. I do, however, appreciate and respect players who play zoners and the skill involved to use them.

If you're an NRS only player, especially if Injustice and MKX are your only 2, then I get why you're saying what you're saying, because you've likely never played a game that doesn't rely on un-seeable, un-reactable 50/50's.
Right on, at least you are respectful in your post. That 40 something year old that responded to me earlier was hilarious. I mean picturing him saying "Peace" with his stone washed jeans and white Spaulding high tops had me cracking up. Your right though I have only played NRS games as far as fighters go. I guess I just get super frustrated with zoners, they make me salty. Peace.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm

It's a good thing smart zoners never used movement to bait unsafe approaches, right?

To say nothing of any multi-hitting projectiles that could catch a roll with meter.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Also: Say I'm a zoner and I'm standing at your max roll distance. Who's to say you can't walk back at that point from the roll and punish?

What if rolls have recovery frames?

I know its a waste of time to say, but can we play the game before proclaiming the death of playstyles or calling a new feature overpowered? Is that possible?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
We have to see more on the rolls hopefully tomorrow or Thursday, I'm sure NRS will show and tell more once they start streaming again. Steve or Paulo I'm sure will break it down.

huh

Noob
This. Anyone? I want to roll backwards. Is it forward only? Also wonder if you roll over things like Lex land mines or Ground n Pounds.
According to Perfect Legend's tweet, you can meterburn forward and back dashes to achieve roll. But reading that, it is still not clear if you meterburn a backdash the roll will be backwards or forward...

From his twitter:

There is also a meter burn roll you can do by back dashing or forward dashing and use meter burn. Invincible to attacks afaik;
PerfectLegend (@PerfectLegend)

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
I love seeing the improvements from game to game. NRS is finally learning how to make a deep fighting engine. They already are innovative, but their games have been a bit too simple and get old too quickly as a result.

I hope NRS is someday allowed to have more time to support a game. But being under WB, that kind of greed does not give a shit about releasing quality games on launch. I would feel bad for NRS if they weren't making a killing under their current deal, because they really are off these properties.

JDM

Noob
Also: Say I'm a zoner and I'm standing at your max roll distance. Who's to say you can't walk back at that point from the roll and punish?

What if rolls have recovery frames?

I know its a waste of time to say, but can we play the game before proclaiming the death of playstyles or calling a new feature overpowered? Is that possible?
why are we assuming people can't react to a projectile? And I said *might*. I never said it was OP, just could possibly be.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Heeeeeeeeey guess what? Name calling and that word aren't allowed. Gonna go clean this up now. Context doesn't help really. If one group can't say the word then no one can. Equality and all that. So gimme a sec while I clean up this stuff. Insulting other members. Not allowed. Slang that can be perceived by some as a racial or sexually derogitory term...not allowed.

Hope that clears stuff up.

EDIT: aaaaaand done. Thread culled and reopened.

Keep it civil people and watch what you say. We have an inappropriate language policy and a no insulting members policy. Infractions add up.

I may be spread thread between posting on multiple threads, and watching E3 streams but I will be monitoring threads. Sorry I didn't catch this earlier between rapid posting and streams.

Last edited:

JDM

Noob
Heeeeeeeeey guess what? Name calling and that word aren't allowed. Gonna go clean this up now. Context doesn't help really. If one group can't say the word then no one can. Equality and all that. So gimme a sec while I clean up this stuff. Insulting other members. Not allowed. Slang that can be perceived by some as a racial or sexually derogitory term...not allowed.

Keep it civil people and watch what you say. We have an inappropriate language policy and a no insulting members policy. Infractions add up.

I may be spread thread between posting on multiple threads, and watching E3 streams but I will be monitoring threads. Sorry I didn't catch this earlier between rapid posting and streams.
thank you man I was very offended

Thanks man.