What's new

Combo Video - Hunter Doctrine Dark is back... And he's gonna blow your mind.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
So he's definitely going to get nerfed because that's what happens to most all DLC characters a few weeks after release, but the question is what? I think his forward advancing impaling special will get more scaling, and I think his low trap won't be able to be comboed into. Which is fair because most of the time he got to near 50% in the corner b4 he pulled out the low trap.
I think low trap is gonna get a 2s cool down and SS is gonna get increased damage scaling Maybe increased damage scaling on disks?

Noob
How do you know it isn't scaling properly?
Jesus man just let the game breathe for a fucking second.
Lol... bird,dude, calm down plz, your calling me out on an assumption that i want the character to be nerfed, or that im asking for nerfs. You got to take it down a notch my man, not everyone is out to get your characters nerfed, i play Predator to... Besides he isnt scaling properly cause it barely scales at all, even at the very end of combos it still does the wooping amount of 4 to 5%... You do understand that this has nothing to do with "Letting the game breathe" its their way to making more sales... ppl See stuff like this and they go running buying the Predator, just so later they can nerf it...

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
He doesn't need to be nerfed, the damage he gets is not that significant compared to how much meter it uses, the setups are great however if Cyrax was allowed to be like he was then i don't see any point in crying about Predator.
He is top tier imo, but not broken.

People didn't know about these?

Patch notes will read something like, "fixed a bug that was causing damage to scale incorrectly from EX Scimitar and EX smart disk"

something like dat.

Reactions: 14K

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
The irony of a cassie player talking about corner damage...
Was that directed at me? If so I barely even use Cassie anymore haha. Not that it matters anyways, I think Cassie's corner damage is stupid too.

And anyways, I use predator, I don't want his damaged nerfed, I just see it happening is all.

Last edited:

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
Oh come on, of course his damage is getting nerfed. This is NRS DLC 101. They'll mention some crap about something not scaling correctly when it's almost time for Tremor and the Predator hype/sales have died down.

Not really sure how people can defend his silly damage anyway when every other character in the game that had damage like that at one point has been normalised. Raiden, Kung Jin, Lao, D'Vorah, etc.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Was that directed at me? If so I barely even use Cassie anymore haha. Not that it matters anyways, I think Cassie's corner damage is stupid too.

And anyways, I use predator, I don't want his damaged nerfed, I just see it happening is all.
No not meant for you. I didnt even know you played her.

But yeah i also see his scaling being "fixed" as most other characters have had.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I defend his high damage output because:

1) It's actually not too far from what the others can do. 45-50% for one bar in corner can be done by multiple characters (Kitana, Raiden, Ermac, Erron Black, D'Vorah, Cassie, Kung Lao....etc.). Same for 40-45% midscreen for one bar...it's pretty high, but not Predator exclusive.

2) Contrary to most of the characters that deal big damage, Predator actually has a lot of weaknesses. His wake up sucks, don't have easy ways to open his opponent, his only good advancing move is a high, his punishment game sucks, he is slow.
Do I have to remind you that some of the characters that can do similar damage like Kung Lao or Raiden don't have any of these weaknesses?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
He doesn't need to be nerfed, the damage he gets is not that significant compared to how much meter it uses, the setups are great however if Cyrax was allowed to be like he was then i don't see any point in crying about Predator.
He is top tier imo, but not broken.
People begged NRS to nerf Cyrax and they did, he was just so broken that the nerfs didn't even do anything.

Terrible, terrible example lol

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
jesus christ, i come in here to watch a combo video and half the comments are ppl asking for nerfs on his damage.... when no one has done shit with predator in a tournament yet.

i fucking hate the nrs community sometimes. most times.
Nah.

It's people like you who I hate.

Literally ONE person in this ENTIRE thread has said he should be nerfed. And everyone else to post is either disagreeing with him, or not talking about Pred's balance.

But let one person say something YOU consider outlandish and no matter how many people disagree its "i fucking hate the NRS community for shit like this, half the comments are ppl asking for nerfs"

Wake up bro, people like YOU are the worst thing about this community

Noob
@Braindead I also discovered the 70% combo a few days ago, but i noticed that you end with D2, that launches them out of the corner, if you end in Grab its the sam % but leaves them in the corner... update your vid if you feel like ;)

Last edited:

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
@Braindead I also discovered the 70% combo a few days ago, but i noticed that you end with D2, that launches them out of the corner, if you end in Grab its the sam % but leaves them in the corner... update your vid if you feel like it ;)
That's not my video man. Not my combos. Doctrine Dark did them and uploaded them to his youtube channel. I only saw them there and thought they were too cool not to share.

Noob
That's not my video man. Not my combos. Doctrine Dark did them and uploaded them to his youtube channel. I only saw them there and thought they were too cool not to share.
ahhhh, Sorry i didnt get the ref. still they are indeed pretty cool lol