What's new

Doctor Fate Pre-Release General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thefish

One Drink, Two Drink, Three Drink.. More.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
who anyone that has game could u confirm or not if fate loses the ahnks when a clash/transition/super happens like happens with firestorms trait/sinestro in inj1
cheers

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
What's the general consensus on this character so far? From what I've seen of him gameplay wise and from the stream, I think it's likely only a matter of time before he's batshit broken. I don't have the game so I don't know jack shit, but just looking at the gameplay Pig posted he seems like he's absolutely nuts. Midhitting projectile, launching throw, setups for days, heals, interactables turned off, good keep away good wakeup I don't know what he's missing. I'm scared.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
So the aerial fireball is not a base special move anymore, although it seemed to be in other prerelease builds of the game. Fates fireballs are extremely good though, his fast fireball is probably the best one in the history of nrs and the twisted version of them makes the recovery even better

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
So the aerial fireball is not a base special move anymore, although it seemed to be in other prerelease builds of the game. Fates fireballs are extremely good though, his fast fireball is probably the best one in the history of nrs and the twisted version of them makes the recovery even better
ah really? dang
ye was sure they showed the air fireball as a normal move in the watchtower. maybe im wrong or maybe like you said it was just swapped to a gear move

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
He can still do good things though like confirm the orb hitting from full screen into a fast projectile. Does over 20%.

Anything you guys are curious about? I can list some swag corner combos if your curious. Damage output is very low on everything except for like a raw mb b3

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Also his f2 is an extremely fast (9 frame) long range mid that's an extreme whiff punisher. You have to cancel it into glyph to make it safe.

Also his b1 is another 9 frame anti airing mid that has to be respected. Finish the string b1d32xxglyph to make it safe on block

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Nasty though, is that in your first hour of ranked video?
You'll see me in that video hit the Trait combo throw many times and even untraited ankh combos BUT after relaunch miss b3 or f3 in both cases. Didn't know timing, that's definitely been fixed now

Video coming

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Fates fireballs are extremely good though, his fast fireball is probably the best one in the history of nrs and the twisted version of them makes the recovery even better
Dr. Fate's fireball may be the most damaging non-trait and non-EX fireball in the game. The fireball also does more chip damage than Aquaman's FTD. In comparison, Sinestro's fireball did less chip damage than Aquaman's FTD and was punishable at mid range in Injustice 1. Speaking of mid range, though, some characters can crouch the fireball, depending on the hitbox, but you are safe against the vast majority. Besides, if opponents are crouching and waiting for the fireball to whiff, put an orb on the screen.

f+2 xx push should also be acknowledged as a good footsies tool. The push is -8 on block but safe against every character that I tested with the exception of Batman. He can punish the push with bats if he is adequately close.

Status
Not open for further replies.