What's new

Doctor Fate Matchup Discussion

GJX7

Your Mediocrity Is Killing Me
I'm wondering if I should pick up Doctor Fate as a secondary for Scarecrow, can someone please give my mu numbers for:
- Batman
- Green Arrow
- Red Hood
- Supergirl
- Wonder Woman
(I only really need to know if he wins or looses, thank you)

I'm wondering if I should pick up Doctor Fate as a secondary for Scarecrow, can someone please give my mu numbers for:
- Batman
- Green Arrow
- Red Hood
- Supergirl
- Wonder Woman
vs:

batman = 6-4/5-5
green arrow = 7-3/6-4
red hood = 5-5/4-6
supergirl = 5-5/4-6
wonder woman = 6-4/5-5

imo these are all kind of borderline, though green arrow is really 7-3 unless you are playing SLP.

fate has a hard time against really annoying red hood players, and a frustrating time against supergirl.

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
- Batman
- Green Arrow
- Red Hood
- Supergirl
- Wonder Woman
Fate either goes even or wins all of them exceot wonderwoman

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
OK. After playing like 50 matches against a very good Supergirl player, i think that Supergirl DESTROYS Fate.

She negates everything that Fate tries to do. Her laser are faster than Fate's projectiles, she does not let Fate build his ankhs at all and pressure is OD.

--------------

EDIT: I was wrong about this MU...Fate can handle Supergirl :)

All i was needing was more MU exp. Fate vs Supergirl is a solid 5-5 :D

Last edited:

GJX7

Your Mediocrity Is Killing Me
OK. After playing like 50 matches against a very good Supergirl player, i think that Supergirl DESTROYS Fate.

She negates everything that Fate tries to do. Her laser are faster than Fate's projectiles, she does not let Fate build his ankhs at all and pressure is OD.
Yeah her and Superman are probably Fate's hardest matchups as they can cover angles which Fate cannot, really important to use your anks with those MUs (idk how to spell that)

Last edited:

Bruno-NeoSpace

Yeah her and Superman are probably Fate's hardest matchups as they can cover angles with Fate cannot, really important to use your anks with those MUs (idk how to spell that)
Yeah. Supergirl and Superman and Fate's bad MU right now. Supergirl is even harder. holy shit lol

-----------

EDIT: I was wrong about this MU...Fate can handle Supergirl :)

All i was needing was more MU exp. Fate vs Supergirl is a solid 5-5 :D

Last edited:

thlityoursloat

kick kick
SZ is a bad matchup. He has 0 reason to give a flying fuck about anything you throw out because of his mb fireball eating everything and his slide going under the orb when it's stopped.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
SZ is a bad matchup. He has 0 reason to give a flying fuck about anything you throw out because of his mb fireball eating everything and his slide going under the orb when it's stopped.
Unless you’re just mashing BF1 constantly you shouldn’t get hit by MB iceball at most distances and you shouldn’t be getting hit by a lot of slides and if you do get hit by one, so what, it ruins his corner positioning.

Last edited:

Bruno-NeoSpace

Hey guys, i won an online brazilian tournament.. played against the best brazilians players and i beat all of them :D ... killer xinok, konqueror, mr bruno, etc... played Fate 80% of the times and Arrow 20% of the times.

I lost to Mr.Bruno in the winners semi final (fate/arrow vs superman/aquaman) but then i came back winning everything :D

Here it is the Grand Final video:

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Hey guys, i won an online brazilian tournament.. played against the best brazilians players and i beat all of them :D ... killer xinok, konqueror, mr bruno, etc... played Fate 80% of the times and Arrow 20% of the times.

I lost to Mr.Bruno in the winners semi final (fate/arrow vs superman/aquaman) but then i came back winning everything :D

Here it is the Grand Final video:

I like your Fate! And impressive that the match you lost was to Superman/Aquaman as Fate/Arrow

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Unless you’re just mashing BF1 constantly you shouldn’t get hit by MB iceball at most distances and you shouldn’t be getting hit by a lot of slides and if you do get hit by one, so what, it ruins his corner positioning.
it’s not about getting hit by any of those moves, it’s that they neutralize zoning. slide covers a lot of distance and is safe on whiff

Bruno-NeoSpace

I like your Fate! And impressive that the match you lost was to Superman/Aquaman as Fate/Arrow
I tried Fate vs Superman first... got beat twice in that MU, then i switched to Arrow and i won very easily. Then he counter picked me with Aquaman (hardest MU of Arrow)... 3-1 for him. Then i was sent to the losers, came back winning everything... faced him in the grand finals which is in the video and i won :)

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
it’s not about getting hit by any of those moves, it’s that they neutralize zoning. slide covers a lot of distance and is safe on whiff
Well how is Sub getting meter? And other the MB iceball, orb freeze is really good against him. Slide is really good though but I don’t. See how it neutralizes zoning, Fate has the tools to deal with Sub, slide and all. I do think it’s 5-5 though because Fate is extremely weak on knockdown and gets ggd in the corner.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Does Superman beat Fate? If so how? I know that Superman controls that top corner of the screen that Fate struggles to cover, but unless Supes is willing to spend bar then it's unsafe to finger blast (unless it's like instant air). Also B2, F2 and DB2 seems like strong tools to keep Supes out for a long time.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Fate Players,

Cheetah.
I have been getting back into things for like a month now, and I feel good-ish.
But I have reached an impasse.
I do not know a diddly doo dah damn thing about dealing with Cheetah.
She is a fierce, agile, hunt-crazed kitty lady who jumps all over the damn place and it's terrifying.
Someone please help me before I lose my mind.

~Doctor Angel.

Bruno-NeoSpace

Does Superman beat Fate? If so how? I know that Superman controls that top corner of the screen that Fate struggles to cover, but unless Supes is willing to spend bar then it's unsafe to finger blast (unless it's like instant air). Also B2, F2 and DB2 seems like strong tools to keep Supes out for a long time.
He outdamages Fate, his B1 can punish Glyph and once he's got a bar he can play mind games with his air laser: you think he will spend the bar to be safe but he doesnt... and then you think he will not spend the bar, you try to punish him with a fireball and welp... take that 10% (15% with trait) MB laser :p

Fate Players,

Cheetah.
I have been getting back into things for like a month now, and I feel good-ish.
But I have reached an impasse.
I do not know a diddly doo dah damn thing about dealing with Cheetah.
She is a fierce, agile, hunt-crazed kitty lady who jumps all over the damn place and it's terrifying.
Someone please help me before I lose my mind.

~Doctor Angel.
Stop the orb right in front of you and build ankhs. She'll be able to do nothing against it.