What's new

DOA(Dead or Alive) Thread!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ok, was wondering actually about DOA. Little surprised there's no forum for DOA ??

DOA4 is played professionally and is a pretty big fighting game. Anywho, DOA 5 is in the works and also DOA: Dimensions coming out for the 3DS as one of the launch titles(along with SSF4 3D)

It looks pretty good, some dude I've never seen before in DOA shoots fireballs like MK and SF characters.

Anywho, anyone else here a DOA fan or like playing it at all?

I personally enjoy DOA more then Tekken, VF but I know everyone has their own preferences.

DOA: Dimensions

MKF30

I like the chick with the purple hair, and the dude that sounds like Liu Kang/Fei Long lol. I think he has nunchucks too I think...I don't use the Teletubby dude though :) lol

RoGE

Noob
I hope its like DOA 3.1 and not this DOA4 bs, even most of the pros don't like the game too much. I remember mashing out combos in tag team in 2v2 offline. Shit was fun lol

MKF30

From what I've seen via the vids, DOA4 seems better to a lot of the pros then DOAU but I don't know how all of them feel. DOA4 definitely has a lot more attention then the previous games did I think did.

I hope MK9 has the same TT 2 vs 2 offline....that would be boss! I think they will have something like that, I keep asking Boon, Hector, MKC manager on twitter lol and they're all not answering me lol. Yet, this months GI magazine says "4 players support" but online is listed as TBA....now the funny thing is Boon confirmed the ONLINE options, not offline...hmm

Anywho, but yeah I enjoyed DOA4 although DOA4 was more difficult to grasp at least for me. I hope DOA Dimensions for 3DS and DOA5 are easier a bit.

doa4 was one of the scrubbiest fighetrs ever. doa2LE/HC/Arcade were good, doa3.1 was good, even doa2u was good. doa4 is just a scrubby game.

MKF30

I used to have DOAU, it was alright.. laggy as hell online though. One thing I remember about it lol

MKF30

Oh I see, so they're like UMK3's infinites and most likely take a lot of skill to do.

MKF30

Hmm, interesting. I noticed they're kind of like MKA's lengthy juggles that Check posted a while back, definitely would not work online with lag lol.

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
I like the chick with the purple hair, and the dude that sounds like Liu Kang/Fei Long lol. I think he has nunchucks too I think...I don't use the Teletubby dude though :) lol
Her name is Ayane and the dude that sounds like Liu Kang and Fei Long is Jann Lee lol.

But anyways Im a Dead or Alive fan and I prefer it over Tekken and Virtua Fighter because those 2 games in my opinion are just boring. I play Dead or Alive 3 and Dead or Alive 4 a lot offline with my brother and my friends whenever they come over to my house. My favorite characters are Helena, Kasumi, Hitomi, Christie, and Jann Lee. As you can tell I mostly use female characters in the game since they seem just better to use lol but I like using Jann Lee sometimes as well.

MKF30

Her name is Ayane and the dude that sounds like Liu Kang and Fei Long is Jann Lee lol.

But anyways Im a Dead or Alive fan and I prefer it over Tekken and Virtua Fighter because those 2 games in my opinion are just boring. I play Dead or Alive 3 and Dead or Alive 4 a lot offline with my brother and my friends whenever they come over to my house. My favorite characters are Helena, Kasumi, Hitomi, Christie, and Jann Lee. As you can tell I mostly use female characters in the game since they seem just better to use lol but I like using Jann Lee sometimes as well.
Thanks for clearing that up dude lol, I knew every fighting game just about has a "Bruce Lee" like inspired character. Cool, yeah same here. I'm not good by any means in DOA but I'd prefer it over Tekken or VF. Second to MK of course lol

shig

kool guy
You wake up one day and see an article on the TYM homepage saying "MK vs DOA announced".

What is your reaction?

I really like DOA I think it gets a bad rep for titties and ass but I like the game mechanics way more then most fighters esp the counter system. I only played DOA3 and 4 but I like Leifang the best then in any order Hitomi, Ryu, Christie.

bigmiracle

Praise Sheeva
Damn i loved DOA. The game's mechanics were really fun, and I was hoping they would expand on it to make it more competitive. The new one on the 3ds looks like shit, imo, so I'm not sure how things will go if they make DOA 5, especially since Itagaki left.

Abudabi

Noob
the only thing more dead than doa is megaman right now. with that said I do own the 3ds version and concur with what was previously said.

AngryWorm

Hitomi's Pet
Anyone who wants to play me in DOA4/D let me know. I'm significantly better at that game then I am MK.

Hitomi > All.

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
Despite being so over-sexualized, DOA is one of the most fluid fighting games out there. So excited for DOA5.

Christi and Hitmoi all the way.

x18x2xwildx

Something wicked this way comes.
I loooooooove DOA, it was the first fighter I really enjoyed playing (was too young to truly understand what was going on in the original SF and MK's). I can't wait for DOA5, I just hope they don't get TOO carried away with this "fighting entertainment" idea, and end up with something too gimmicky...

Still though, I'll play it and love more likely than not haha

Kasumi, Lei Fang, and Ayane FTW!

Justice

Noob
I'm stoked simply because it's the first true sequel on ps!

Back in the day, it was panned partly because of the T &A, but mainly because you could button mash to victory. Forget the fact that each character had a page typed of combos they could do.

Kasumi > U :suckit: