What's new

Do you want the MK team to stop showing us new Fatalities?

Do you want the MK team to stop showing us NEW Fatalities?

• Yes, please. I would rather discover them myself when I buy the game.

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No, I like seeing them early. It keeps me that much more interested.

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Many of us on here feel the same way and that is for the MK team to refrain from showing us so much, especially the fatalities. I believe our site as a whole would rather see the fatalities for the first time when WE are the ones performing them.

Anyway, simply give your vote on whether you agree with this or not.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
yea i rather them not show us any more fatalities. id rather see more game play footage and to release more characters that will be in the game.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I think my tweet inspired Storms to make this thread, but like i said on Tweeter, one of the best things about the arcade MK's were the secrets. Finding and performing the finishers, hidden characters, etc made MK so magical back then (yea that was corny, sue me lol) but now it just seems like they need to use it to sell the game.

HELLO

make a game worthy of purchasing and PEOPLE WILL BUY IT!!

i hate watching new fatalities, havent watched the new scorpion one, as well as most of the vids with them. I am only interested in gameplay.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
lmao @ me calling Twitter, "Tweeter" :banana:
how about "twatter" :p

but uhh am i the only one who is pissed that scorpion isnt doing his fire fatality?? i want to see MK2 toasty fatality. burn em hear them scream then explode :D

Tim Static

Adminerator
how about "twatter" :p

but uhh am i the only one who is pissed that scorpion isnt doing his fire fatality?? i want to see MK2 toasty fatality. burn em hear them scream then explode :D
I'm sure you can buy it later on with the $5 CLASSIC FATALITY DOWNLOAD PACK!

:facepalm:

Many of us on here feel the same way and that is for the MK team to refrain from showing us so much, especially the fatalities. I believe our site as a whole would rather see the fatalities for the first time when WE are the ones performing them.

Anyway, simply give your vote on whether you agree with this or not.
so you dont want me to post stuff anymore?

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I can care less about finding the fatalities. In fact, if thats the case, I wont even try and figure them out.

However, it would be kind of nice to pick up the game, grab the codes and see all of the new fatalities for the first time.

If you stop, I will die! DIE I TELL YOU! DIE!

AC1984

Kaballin!
There should be an option called "I do not care about mk9 Fatalities, I want to see MKHD Collection Confirmed and reviled"

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
Voted against more fatalities. We've seen so many.. I get the idea that they were doing it to prove the game is back to its mature roots but damn... We established that back when Gamespot did their 10min Mortal Kombat E3 Stage demo. In that demo we saw. The pit fatality, Scorpions 1st fatality, Sektor's first 1st and 1 of Kung Lao's. The other Kung Lao Fatality was shown in the Sony Press Conference. That's 5 right there that aren't gonna be a surprise when we get the game.

So far we have seen...
(Let me know if I missed any)

Scorpion (2 of 2)
Johnny Cage (1 of 2)
Mileena (2 of 2) but small little clips of her 2nd that we can easily piece together.
Sub-Zero (2 of 2) also small little clips of his 2nd one and the GTTV spine rip one. (one is possibly dlc or the spine rip was just a mocap demo for tv)
Reptile (1 of 2)
Sektor (1 of 2)
Kitana (1 of 2)
Nightwolf (1 of 2)
Cyrax (2 of 2)
Jax (1 of 2) counting Jax because his was described on GTTV

Stage Fatalities include:
The Pit
Deadpool
The Subway

14 Character fatalities and 3 Stage fatalites.

Assuming all Characters have 2 fatalites that's a total of 52- 14 means we only have 38 left.

Also.. We were said to get around maybe 5 Stage fatalities (I believe it'll be more) according to them we've already seen OVER half of the stage fatalities however I know we'll have more.

This has GOT too stop. I enjoy watching the fatalities on my television screen. While I'm playing the game so that I'm actually surprised by whats going on... Lets keep the 38 we have left a secret please mk team.

BTW I know I don't have to watch them, but when it comes down to Mortal Kombat it is UNAVOIDABLE. Sooner or later I'm going to run into a post that describes it and ruins it for me so regardless of if I watch it or not I'll still have it spoiled. I try the best I can not to describe the ones I've seen for the few that have been able to control themselves.. Unfortunately, I can't control myself with mk. I end up watching them. Even if I could control myself it'd be spoiled lol.

The only option for anyone would be to just stop coming on too these sites. I can't do that though. I love the MK community and consider them all an extension of my family.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I don't really care about finding them out myself, I don't give a shit about the fatalities. So I would like it if they stopped showing them like they are some important factor in why you should get the game. We ALL know how repetitive the fatalities get no matter how good they are. After seeing them hundreds of time after you lose or win, they will lose their charm very fast. In fact, most players who play MK for the competitive matches and gameplay won't even do the fatalities. Especially since in MK9 they are pretty long from what I've seen.

Few things...

Im a gameplay guy, so id like to see them now, because i probably wont see them when the game comes out. Or it'd be where even i havent watched them enough to remember them down the road, so once i see them ill be like "oh, cool."

so....

I understand not everyones a gameplay guy. In fact most arent, but thing is people want to see them now. Think about if they didnt release them. They would have to hear constant bitching from people "show us some fatalitys." And also it helps build hype for the game because those people = a good amount of their fans.

Like i said yesterday, just try not to watch them. If you watch a vid someone recorded off their cellphone, then dont blame them.

Plenty of time to add more stuff to the existing fatalities and there will be downloadable ones for damn sure as well as plenty of secrets.

awesome post, death. i can see those writing skills :) good shit.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Haha, no man I didn't mean that. Obviously if the MK team releases ANYTHING we want to see what it is. So in other words, sure we're going to watch or look at a new fatal video if its released.
We just think that THEY should refrain from showing us everything prior to the game even being released.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah, they're nice to see and get an idea of how the game will look with the level of detail and realism but please no more lol...

A. I don't want to be spoiled, I'd rather find out on my own and B. tired of some pessimistic MK fans crying over "oh I don't like this one, he should do this instead of that"

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
My response here would kinda have two directions.

Think of it this way. For those of us who are bloodthirsty fans, if we had not seen any of the fatalities presented in the game so far, we would be sayin' something along the lines of: "Show us some good shit, guys! Show us some fataliites! We want the M-rating for Mortal Kombat to return!"

No doubt fans outside of here have wished the same thing. So they've shown us a few to keep us satisfied, but also increasing our impatience for the game's arrival. Thankfully, that wait should end come the first of April, unless there are changes in plans.

Now, though, we've seen quite a lot of the fatalities, hence how we've been able to gather more patience for the wait. But I too agree that we should be allowed to make our own discoveries when Mortal Kombat 9 does come. It's what the development team has been saying so far, I just hope what they say about that is true. For both fatalities and gameplay, I mean. I have a SLIGHT amount of disappointment that Scorpion won't be including his use of fire in the fatalities - unless they kept that secret? Hmmmmm...

I guess what I'm trying to say is that now that we've seen enough fatalities, we can bear not to see any more until the game comes. But if we hadn't, we would instead be BEGGING to see them. Sort of an odd analysis, I know, but it IS kinda true, LOL.

I'll give a solid vote here, now. I say they hold off on what other fatalities they've created until we can finally pick up the game and play it for ourselves. We've seen enough, but we still want to discover our own abilities there as well as our share of surprises. Adhere to the fans' demands, NRS!

MKF30

Good point Gamerblake, very true. I think all games have to preview/reveal "just enough" to hype fans up yet show and idea of what the game will be like, but at the same time not reveal too much...

fleshmasher

i got the poison
NRS please protect me from my nosy self :grave:
This also goes for yet unannounced characters and everything else too.
I'm so gonna buy this game i don't need more motivation at the moment.

MKF30

lol you know speaking of this, concerning the new leaks it's sucks for them...well the leaks are one thing the revealing all this other stuff is another.

I think by now a lot of people know a lot of stuff, but yet they're still revealing things nobody knows about yet concerning the mods, characters, secrets. MK is just full of hidden shit lol

OriginalRazer

Kombat Konnoisseur
Yeah im tired of seeing new fatalities. In game footage is kool but revealing too much will effect my own experience with the game.
Looked at the secret achievements and shit but I ain't goin near the recent huge leak. Fuck that shit.

All the best,
Razer

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Yeah im tired of seeing new fatalities. In game footage is kool but revealing too much will effect my own experience with the game.
Looked at the secret achievements and shit but I ain't goin near the recent huge leak. Fuck that shit.

All the best,
Razer
Yeah, I agree. If I saw one more new fatality... I was gonna sign off for like a week. I was getting pissed. Seeing gameplay is great because it lets us pick it apart and spot any flaws as well as make suggestions. Fatalities matter, but at the same time... they don't.

I want a solid MK9... Not an MK that gets laughed at on its first trip to EVO.

OriginalRazer

Kombat Konnoisseur
Yeah, I agree. If I saw one more new fatality... I was gonna sign off for like a week. I was getting pissed. Seeing gameplay is great because it lets us pick it apart and spot any flaws as well as make suggestions. Fatalities matter, but at the same time... they don't.

I want a solid MK9... Not an MK that gets laughed at on its first trip to EVO.
Its it man. Im really worrying man I really hope it does well in front of all the other fighter fans.
Hope this kan break the ice and get MK in the spotlight. It needs it, I need it, WE NEED IT.

All the best,
Razer