What's new

Do you want Cole Young in MK1?

Do you want Cole Young in MK12?

• Yes

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • No

Votes: 83 89.2%

• Total voters
I had to google what his powers were again, I completely forgot.

He has some magic armor and tonfas?

I was gonna type up some shit about how I trust NRS to do something decent with it, but he just kinda falls into the weird kombat kid niche.
So at that point, just let Lewas Tan voice Kung Jin, and pretend Cole never happened.

I don't know why they didn't just use Kung Jin for the movie in the first place.
Don't really need a plot reason to have Scorpion and Sub-Zero fight.
Or have him play Takeda give a few lines about how his dad disappeared before he was born and nix the whole ancestry of Hasashi angle.
Bing Bang boom.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Also going to be controversial here and say yes. Ik people hate him, but he honestly has potential if NRS can do it right. Like, on paper, his design & powers could be really fun.

I could see him having the ability that when he blocks attacks, he stores the kinetic energy from those hits and can use that in a variety of ways. (It's basically like the MCU Black Panther suit.) He could amplify his weapons, send the energy out in a blast which could stun the opponent, etc. I understand the hatred for the character, I wasn't obsessed with him either, but there IS potential to make something dope out of him. Hell, I'd prefer him over some characters we got in MK11. and if I have to choose between Cole Young & a guest character...I'mma go with Cole Young.

I could even see him having a Lethal Clinch type of grab or a stance that allows him to utilize his more aggressive MMA style. I'm just saying there's a lot potential!

Plus, totally unrelated, Lewis Tan is very handsome. But that fact has NOT influenced my opinion on Cole Young whatsoever. :)

NoCharge

Noob
I would be for any addition as long as it's got good presentation. But I hate the dragon tattoo thing from the movie, and Cole being born from it makes it a no for me. Maybe if he gets a good story in the game, bat this can be done to any new character, which are gonna be introduced anyway. So I'd say no for cole, movie version at least.