What's new

Question - Kobu Jutsu Do you think her pressure should be normalized?

Do you think her pressure should be normalized?

• Yes

Votes: 33 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 66 66.7%

• Total voters

Dean

On The Grind
You are completely wrong for a variety of reasons, each of which I will address in turn:

"If you do not delay the rekkas, you become unsafe as hell" this is only true of the third hit. The first is a super tight punish and the second is completely safe. Any Tanya worth their salt is not going to let the third hit come out unless they delay it all the way. P.S. if you barely delay there is no gap and the first hit becomes safe, although this may be difficult for some to do correctly every time.

"The Only way to get around this is to use meter to make it safe-ish". For starters, there is no "safeish" there is safe and unsafe. If you EX the third hit you are -2 and undeniably safe. Like I said before, thats the only time the third rekka will be used against good players. Most Tanyas have adapted and started using the mind game between one and two hits of rekkas which is safe if done correctly and can then set up frame traps that lead into her other pressure(which is 100X better than rekka pressure btw).

"So If Tanya doesnt have meter, shes fair game" That is a ridiculous statement. Not only does she have some of the best meter-building in the game, it is all safe. B1 2+4 builds almost half a bar ALONE and if you do a tele cancel you can frame trap i nto another b1 2+4 to build a full bar. She can also do B11 tele cancel which GUARANTEES another b1 2+4. That means all she needs is to connect one b11 on block and she builds a full bar. Not to mention she can still set up the rekka pressure and frame traps I was talking about meterless.

"Unsafe pressure, meter dependent, very bad normals overall, unsafe counter tools, gaps throughout her main pressure." NONE of that is true. Her pressure if done correctly is all safe. She does not depend on meter unless she wants to go for guaranteed chip setups or rekka pressure. She can easily win a round without using a bar(which she wouldnt do because she always gains meter so quickly you have a bar or two to spare). Saying she has bad normals is hilarious. B1 2+4 may be one of the best normals in the game due to its deceptive range and INSANE chip damage ability. Her best counter tool, EX rekka, is completely safe AND has two hits of armor. And as I said above, she does not have that many gaps in her pressure if she utilizes b11 tele cancel.

TL:DR You have no clue about how the character plays at a high level. The only nerfs some Tanya mains agree on is taking one hit of armor off EX rekka and reducing the frame advantage of b11 tele cancel so she doesnt get a free b1 off of it(Hopefully they will remove all the guaranteed pressure things, probably one of the games most frustrating components). If they do that then she will be fine(although she is already pretty close to being fine).

Edit: I apologize if that sounded too harsh, I get triggered by downplay of my characters lol
Thanks for the book of knowledge.

-2 is unsafe-ish. It's not neutral, its not plus, which means the opponent has a fucking window to catch you and and reverse momentum.

I'm not talking about being able to punnish that because you can't, but you have options to get out of her pressure after any of her rekkas and during.

You can poke out, you can backdash whiff punish, you can jump out against an aggressive Tanya, etc..

You have options with a move that puts her at -2 after MB. It's not like other characters like KL,Shinnok, who could MB pressure for days with no options but to just block.

The second rekka is -11. In what world do you live in that would ever convince you that this move is safe?

There are a lot of characters that can punish a -11 move off block.

Her first Rekka is -7, this isn't likely to be punished but it allows for the momentum to go the other way if the opponent plays it right.

Your acting like her pressure is broken, although I do agree with changing the frames on tele cancels.

I never abused the two hits off of MB Rekka's to begin with so I wasn't even considering that In my argument.

Looks like both of those things have been corrected now anyways.

Her mainstay pressure that most people try to implement is what I was referring to, its good but not broken.

It can be beat.

As for her normals, I was referencing her standing normals, more in terms of her footsie and poking normals. They are not that good, although I've found some things the past few days that have swayed me a little more the other way.

Still, I hate her T-Rex arms.

B1, F2 are really good tools though, obviously.

I'm not a sensitive child, I appreciate the feedback.

Have a good one.