What's new

Question - Liu Kang Do you see any positive changes coming?

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Liu Kang seems to be in a good place as things go, a REALLY good place if we talk purely about DF Liu Kang and we can only expect them to in some way remove his FBDC/RC Pressure right?
But that's all I can see that should be really changed on Liu Kang I don't personally know what we could possibly see coming for him monday that would up his game.

I personally would want a better hitbox on the jip Liu Kang has because right now it feels too small compared to other characters and when it comes to Air to Airs you may aswell just IAFB your opponent.
Can you see any reasonable buffs coming to any of the variations? I think Dualist is a no brainer but can we be certain NRS will do a good job making it as viable as the other 2 variations?
Post your thoughts.

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
I hope he will become able to hold his parry like Kitana.

I hope that Dualist will get his Yin buff not disappear after getting one hit while on level 1 and 2. I hope he will get EX Yin charge so you will instantly get lvl3 and it should have same recovery as EX shaolin flame, so you could even combo after using EX Yin charge. I wish for his EX red orbs have a greater block stun, maybe just like his EX light ball. His healing should become usable, make it 0.3%, not 0.03% or better 1%. Or make his healing have a much faster startup and recovery so it could be used as FBRC! That would be insane.

Hitboxes should be fixed, I want his db2 to hit crouching characters and those who mash d3 on wake up.

Another overhead combo starter is a wishiful thinking at this point.

Sure bud, DF Liu is in a good place. But Liu loyalists should want him in the best place, not just "good." As of right now, top tiers shit on him without the dash cancel, which is what will be removed in the patch.

But let's just keep Liu where he is and support the Tempest/Boneshaper meta, who fucking reck him.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Dragon's Fire: Change or remove the F213 FBDC, make F44 FBRC not jail anymore(+8 or so would be fine), change B12 FBRC from being +5 to around +2 or so.

Flame Fist: I'm not a fan of this variation but I think he's doing fine right now.

Dualist: Give him the Bicycle Kick MB from Dragon's fire, fix his light and dark charges so that they're more useful(also let him keep his dark charge when he does a stance switch), and make some of his stance switch combos like B12 xx SS F44 easier(1 frame links no thanx)

These are what I want but none of this is confirmed.

Dragon's Fire: Change or remove the F213 FBDC, make F44 FBRC not jail anymore(+8 or so would be fine), change B12 FBRC from being +5 to around +2 or so.
Holy fucking shit, let's just remove the entire variation so your Cutthroat is viable.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Sure bud, DF Liu is in a good place. But Liu loyalists should want him in the best place, not just "good." As of right now, top tiers shit on him without the dash cancel, which is what will be removed in the patch.

But let's just keep Liu where he is and support the Tempest/Boneshaper meta, who fucking reck him.
Shut up no one supports Tempest/Boneshaper... People agree with Tempest because that's not the worst, everyone is 100% against BS though who supports them?

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I honestly think his pressure should be left the same. It's his zoning that's just stupid. Why the f does he outzone Kenshi and Kano?

thlityoursloat

kick kick
His zoning has been like that since MK9, it's hardly anything new. He's a character that excels whenever he gets to play his game(rushdown and zoning), but has trouble when other characters start up their game.
Kenshi's game is zoning and space control. What's the point of trying to zone him if his low fireball is faster than the OH slash and ducks the teleflurry? Reflecting is pointless since he can mix you up with the wutah kick which doesn't lead into a punish on block OR whiff. Isn't it like -4 or something?

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
His zoning has been like that since MK9, it's hardly anything new. He's a character that excels whenever he gets to play his game(rushdown and zoning), but has trouble when other characters start up their game.
That sounds like something I'd say to defend Quan's pseudo unblockables. :DOGE

Parasurama

Dragon
LK needs a better anti air or the properties of the d2 to stop some character jik's - looking at you SZ. I think Dualist's red orbs needs some sort of buff to stop projectiles or something, and better cancelling for the healing. I hope they just do not nerf the fbdc or rc and leave it, because that LK needs some adjustments to compete at highest levels, especially certain match ups. A klassic fatality would be nice.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
The D3 should be put back from +2 to +1(which is perfectly fine), and his Jump attacks should probably stay the same. He's not really a character designed to be jumping around since his ground game is so strong.
I can accept D3 being toned down but I'd honestly like to be able to do something other than FB if I ever jump.

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
Red orbs that stop projectiles? That would be awesome. Esepcially if normal red orbs will be doing this too. Imagine to set up a few red orbs in front of you and watching opponent to hit them with their projectiles.

But again, I would like for healing cancel to have same properties as FBRC.

B2 to be a juggle launcher sounds too much?

If dualist got these changes right here, it would help out in matchups.
Change light fireball recovery to 70 frames
low fireball recovery to 69 frames. Flame fist and dragons fire has about a third of recovery of what dualist has on recovery (69/163)

Fix his light yin so we get more health and recover way faster.

Better recovery on his yang (yall say it's 1 frame of recovery.. It's obviously not so...:DOGE)

And add his MB bicycle kick from dragons fire so he can get more damage midscreen and corner

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
I mostly want to be able to do his IAFB corner combos in Dualist. MB kick would be nice, faster startup/recovery on his light projectiles, make his light stance health recovery not only restore more health, but have less recovery frames and maybe even be 2 in one special canceled out of or run cancel just like FBRC in Dragons Flame.

If they do something to make his red orbs better too that would be great. They're really tough to use effectively... maybe give Liu the option to draw them back or absorb projectiles?

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
I can't believe people are defending the FBDC. This is why people hate us.
Considering that Liu Kang has no cheap 50/50s like Sonya, Cassie and Erron Black, FBRC is totally fine.

People are blaming FBRC as if like this is some ultimate tool in the entire game, yet I don't see Dragon Fire Liu Kang to be AT LEAST top 3 on tournaments. FBRC eats decent amount of stamina and you can jump or backbads after meter burning his flying kick to BK in F213 FBRC F213 FK-MB-BK. Some characters can just outpoke his pressure, like Cassie's 7 frame d3 (which is still a bs normal in the entire game to be, just like Ermac's).

I might agree with nerfing his DASH cancel, but not RUN cancel.