What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Leatherface Do You Know This Matchup?

Do You Know The Matchup?

• Total voters

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
didn't say it bodies him i just win most matches against him when i use kang and i loose most games with killer when i fight kitana or cybernetic or summoner or hqt.my main problem is you're not getting in with anything safe. if they blcok b2 kang does flying kick free punish kitana does any of her charge moves free punish. so what do you think the numbers are.
Kitana is 5-5 against killer. You just need to be patient. When it comes to being up close and personal, she's not much better than he is. Only Kitana matchup Butcher loses is Mournful because her zoning just smothers him, it's 6-4. Liu Kang is a nightmare but that's mostly because of the up close game more than the zoning but the zoning certainly doesn't help him out here.

CrazyFingers

Cyber gives Butcher a hard time for sure and Killer also kind of struggles but again that isn't JUST the zoning. Butcher shits on Summoner because he isn't keeping that character out forever and it is so hard to get him off when your armor is as trash as Quan's is, Killer does decently in that matchup (Sorcerer is the Quan matchup that I personally hate)

CrazyFingers

The whole thing with zoners vs Leatherface is that EX BF3 is a move that exists. You blast through a projectile and you are plus enough for run up Oki AND it throws the opponent to the corner. However it's when the opposing zoner has efficient ways to deal with this armor that things become and issue. Example, Full Auto breaks all of Leatherface's armor for free (Hence why Pretty Lady is the only variation to pick there) another example is Cybernetic. He is happy to spend the bar and make you waist his with EX knives. If they can't break that armor easily, you are going to get in eventually. Leatherface lives, breathes and dies by his armor. His armor is why people respect the absurdly negative Berserker cancels (that along with just letting it rip) armor is why people think twice on wakeup (Leatherface's armor actually hurts enough for people to start respecting it) his armor gives him 50/50's whenever in any variation (DB1 is reactable tho I believe at 25f.) all in all, zoners can be annoying but only a couple give Leatherface a particularly hard time.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
When the opponent is cornered with no meter, d3 into bop is reeeeaaally strong.

Soul Caliber, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and SF.
Cyber gives Butcher a hard time for sure and Killer also kind of struggles but again that isn't JUST the zoning. Butcher shits on Summoner because he isn't keeping that character out forever and it is so hard to get him off when your armor is as trash as Quan's is, Killer does decently in that matchup (Sorcerer is the Quan matchup that I personally hate)
People calling the Quan's armor weak is a lie for almost the whole cast, i get hit by that even if i am pressuring. That's just bullshit u hear.

CrazyFingers

People calling the Quan's armor weak is a lie for almost the whole cast, i get hit by that even if i am pressuring. That's just bullshit u hear.
Considering I've had multiple occasions where a quan will armor through one hit of a string then get tagged by the rest of it. It's not "bullshit I hear" it's "bullshit I see" cuz it's bullshit that ya boy quan doesn't get a goof armored move...tho maybe it's for the better.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I played all of those MUs as Sub Zero. Only Butcher and Killer do have a problem against GM SZ due of his IK. Pretty Lady does mostly zoning to avoid him.

I'd guess that it's:

SZ vs LF

Killer: 6-4
Butcher: 6-4
Pretty Lady: 3-7

It's obvious that my boy would have a problem against him, since he's a weaponry character with his chainsaw.

CrazyFingers

I played all of those MUs as Sub Zero. Only Butcher and Killer do have a problem against GM SZ due of his IK. Pretty Lady does mostly zoning to avoid him.

I'd guess that it's:

SZ vs LF

Killer: 6-4
Butcher: 6-4
Pretty Lady: 3-7

It's obvious that my boy would have a problem against him, since he's a weaponry character with his chainsaw.
GM goes 5-5 midscreen. B4 checks every klone cancel midscreen.

Soul Caliber, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and SF.
Considering I've had multiple occasions where a quan will armor through one hit of a string then get tagged by the rest of it. It's not "bullshit I hear" it's "bullshit I see" cuz it's bullshit that ya boy quan doesn't get a goof armored move...tho maybe it's for the better.
Bullshit? you don't mention Kotal kahn, a guy with no 50/50, one of the worst zoners, and no armor. Quan Chi with a decent armor, best zoner, and 50/50. Yeah man, Quan chi not having good armor is bullshit. Gtfo here.

CrazyFingers

Bullshit? you don't mention Kotal kahn, a guy with no 50/50, one of the worst zoners, and no armor. Quan Chi with a decent armor, best zoner, and 50/50. Yeah man, Quan chi not having good armor is bullshit. Gtfo here.
You just said his armor was good. Can you please keep consistent?

Tanno

GM goes 5-5 midscreen. B4 checks every klone cancel midscreen.
This is why I keep doing F42xxIce Klone to create a greater distance between SZ and LF. If he gets close, he might kill the Ice Klone with his chainsaw and get me ransacked.

CrazyFingers

This is why I keep doing F42xxIce Klone to create a greater distance between SZ and LF. If he gets close, he might kill the Ice Klone with his chainsaw and get me ransacked.
I'm pretty sure B4 still reaches off of F42 but I'd need to check.

Tanno

I'm pretty sure B4 still reaches off of F42 but I'd need to check.
As Sub Zero, the distancing combos are the B12 and the F42 cancelled with Ice Klone, if you block all the time. Just make your LF to do the B4 automatically, and then try this out.

F42 has greater distance than B12.