What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Leatherface Do You Know This Matchup?

Do You Know The Matchup?

• Total voters

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
This is a very simple experiment that I may start doing more of in the future for the more obscure characters this game has to offer. Today we'll go with my pride and joy, Leatherface. As you all probably know, I play every single one of Leatherface's variations and so I take this time to ask you, do you know this matchup? If you don't, feel free to ask about it! I'm here to assist!

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
Butcher is a bitch. Freakin mix machine with a plus on block special ender. Stupid... -__-

I guess wrong a lot. Im bad. :(

CrazyFingers

Butcher is a bitch. Freakin mix machine with a plus on block special ender. Stupid... -__-

I guess wrong a lot. Im bad. :(
Well the plus on block bop has a substantial gap that can be answered in a couple ways. For example some strings into bop can be back dashed.

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
Well the plus on block bop has a substantial gap that can be answered in a couple ways. For example some strings into bop can be back dashed.
I actually know about that suprisingly. Ive been backdashing and armoring. But after backdashing, I cant punish him for it. Or at least Erron cant (the last char I used vs LF) cuz his backdash is bad.

Are there other options?? Plz?! :(

CrazyFingers

I actually know about that suprisingly. Ive been backdashing and armoring. But after backdashing, I cant punish him for it. Or at least Erron cant (the last char I used vs LF) cuz his backdash is bad.

Are there other options?? Plz?! :(
Well any poke into bop can be poked out of on block (and on hit in some cases.)

Rabbit

thugs bunny
Well any poke into bop can be poked out of on block (and on hit in some cases.)
you should mention that a lot of characters have to use fast standing normals because jump-bop will just fly over their crouching pokes.

i've won a lot games by getting a corner carry combo and then doing d1/d3-bop over and over because they try to mash d1 between the gap.

CrazyFingers

Seriously though, I reckon

Dragon Breath vs. Killer 6-4
Dragon Breath vs. Butcher 6-4
Dragon Breath vs. Pretty Lady 5-5
you honestly might be right. Though I don't think Killer quite loses to DB simply because he has more options than Butcher does. But the Butcher matchup is a mess.

CrazyFingers

And I would say PL wins but Up Flame just kills the zoning momentum. It could actually be in Bo's favor but i gotta lab it more.

myri

Time Warrior
And I would say PL wins but Up Flame just kills the zoning momentum. It could actually be in Bo's favor but i gotta lab it more.
Let's do a set my man.

Truthfully I never use the up flame for the parry cause I have slow reactions, I'd rather block or neutral duck and not risk getting hit by mistiming it even if I do get meter. I think it's 5-5 as long as I'm patient enough to walk in and not eat saws.

CrazyFingers

Let's do a set my man.

Truthfully I never use the up flame for the parry cause I have slow reactions, I'd rather block or neutral duck and not risk getting hit by mistiming it even if I do get meter. I think it's 5-5 as long as I'm patient enough to walk in and not eat saws.
I would love it but i can't right now. I am going to try and find a time when we can though, most likely friday/this weekend.

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
All I know about Butcher is to mash out parry as Flame Fist Liu if I feel the bop coming, and I feel like it's possible to react to, but I feel safer trying to mash reversal. Otherwise I just do usual Kang stuff to him, haven't played it out as Predator.

CrazyFingers

All I know about Butcher is to mash out parry as Flame Fist Liu if I feel the bop coming, and I feel like it's possible to react to, but I feel safer trying to mash reversal. Otherwise I just do usual Kang stuff to him, haven't played it out as Predator.
HQT is a double edged sword because he doesn't have many options against Butcher up close but Butcher has no options at a distance.

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
HQT is a double edged sword because he doesn't have many options against Butcher up close but Butcher has no options at a distance.
Yeah, I feel like I could do well at zoning a Butcher player out, but if they do get in I feel like I'm just going to get smothered. That's why I just run it as FF, I get to zone, and have great up close buttons.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
I mean unless I just block that shit :p
haha but on a serious note tho. LF's lack of mids makes it hard for him to deal with ninjutsu's solid pokes and range outside of killer. Pretty Lady outright loses anywhere on the screen imo and butcher has a slight disadvantage since Ninjutsu can handle his stuff well.

Last edited:

omooba

fear the moobs
Idk why everyone keeps saying zoning completely bodies him. There are options, especially in killer.
didn't say it bodies him i just win most matches against him when i use kang and i loose most games with killer when i fight kitana or cybernetic or summoner or hqt.my main problem is you're not getting in with anything safe. if they blcok b2 kang does flying kick free punish kitana does any of her charge moves free punish. so what do you think the numbers are.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Idk why everyone keeps saying zoning completely bodies him. There are options, especially in killer.
Killer's berserk stance is so good for absorbing projectiles. Pretty Lady wins the zoning battle most of the time tho I think getting in as butcher is as uphill for prepatch Bo