What's new

Do you have to play MK to be an NRS player?

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I'm confused where did I say he didn't deserve the title? I was stating that regardless of how his initial thoughts were to not think that because there plenty of other players that don't play all NRS games but still consider NRS players is all.
lol what the

I take it English isn't your first language right? I feel there is a language barrier here, if not, you gotta take a little longer reading the posts you responding to man because you just did it again

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
lol what the

I take it English isn't your first language right? I feel there is a language barrier here, if not, you gotta take a little longer reading the posts you responding to man because you just did it again
Ok???

Not arguing with you explaining the example I posted on what he posted about what is consider an NRS player regardless if you wait 2 years for a certain NRS title lol. I'm American if that is your concern.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Ok???

Not arguing with you explaining the example I posted on what he posted about what is consider an NRS player regardless if you wait 2 years for a certain NRS title lol. I'm American if that is your concern.
ok here's what I'm saying
  • he's asking if he is gonna have to put down NRS games for 2 years because everyone drops it for MK, when he only likes Injustice
  • he's NOT asking "hey you guys am i allowed to call myself an NRS player like the cool kids"
  • everyone misunderstood
  • the only people who made it about what title he has, or deserves, is people responding.

I might be wrong, but that's how the OP read to me, and I found these responses about what he is and isn't allowed to call himself quite funny - I really don't think he was asking about that at all. He just wants to know if his game is still gonna have a scene in the NRS community once MK drops.

do you understand now?

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
ok here's what I'm saying
  • he's asking if he is gonna have to put down NRS games for 2 years because everyone drops it for MK, when he only likes Injustice
  • he's NOT asking "hey you guys am i allowed to call myself an NRS player like the cool kids"
  • everyone misunderstood
  • the only people who made it about what title he has, or deserves, is people responding.

I might be wrong, but that's how the OP read to me, and I found these responses about what he is and isn't allowed to call himself quite funny - I really don't think he was asking about that at all. He just wants to know if his game is still gonna have a scene in the NRS community once MK drops.

do you understand now?
Well with NRS track record, the next best thing comes on the last game is dropped and there not much a scene. His title says in the thread do you have to play MK in order to be an NRS player which I pointed out no from my example. With your point you were trying to make, if you enjoy a game keep playing it regardless if there is a tournament scene or not. His point to me is emphasis on title on which game you play which to me is silly. It's up to the community for a scene really and that not something we in this thread alone can determine but the players who enjoy playing certain games imo.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
There plenty of players who stopped playing MK9 when injustice came out and stop playing injustice when MKX came out. Did we stop calling those players NRS players? Detroit, Jupiter, Maxter, Curbo, CD, Pboard Player, are still consider NRS players to this day even though they are not playing now.
Ewww Curbo.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
If you like Injustice that much, my guess is that you will really like MK if you try it. There are obviously differences, but imo if you enjoy either one the chances are very high you will enjoy both. Similar gameplay in a lot of ways.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Are there that many people playing mkx? I thought each game just kinda died and maybe a few people here and there would play it from time to time. If not i definitely will. This game does not feel like it's been out for a almost a year. Lol
Yes, there are. I don't have any problems finding a match online (on PS4).

And why not give MK a try? You never know if you'd like a game until you try it.

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
Tbh, not sure thread title matches OP.

OP appears to ask if ij2 will die when MK11 drops, thread title is what everyone is answering.

Edit and both have been answered so ima leave.

riddlesinthedark

Best nothing in nowhere
No because NRS makes Injustice as well.

Curious as to why you are against playing MK though, is it the block button or something else? That's really the only thing I can see a Capcom player liking about Injustice that is different from MK lol
Yea more or less, I've tried it in the past and just didn't really dig it

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I would say if you exclusively play INJ2 you’re still an NRS player, but the term “NRS Player” I think mainly applies to people who play both.
But, you do whatever suits you at the end of the day. Whatever you enjoy playing
I would recommend at least trying MK11 when it drops tho :p

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Actually I'm not sure anymore. Like, I don't even understand what the question is anymore if it's not the title.