What's new

Question Do you have a question about Green Arrow?

ShenChan

Noob
Patience is the key. Use explosion arrow to get a knockdown, then make your way in :) When to change your arrows is your own call and judgement.

how do you do the chris g fuzzy guard set up ? and whats the strategy behind it ?
Load up ice arrow then dash up do crouch 1 then string into arrow. If you stay crouching with the arrow you have to block low because it hits low if Green Arrow jumps up and shoots it diagonally towards you then it's an overhead.

Burnout

Keep et Classy
I'm having trouble holding his trait and trying to jump 'in' or 'back'. Can u only neutral jump with his trait held? or is my stick being ass?

does anybody know how much block and hit advantage the different arrows on the 3 hitlevels have? In the Chris G Final stream they said "oh it´s plus 4"...But a crouching green arrow isn´t +4 for sure, feels more like 0 or+1 onblock. A little chart would be helpful. I ask because i´d like to explore some pressure strings with this electric arrow. Maybe the stagger stun on hit sets up a fairly safe jump in. Have not tested it cuz lack of time.

Seapeople

This one's for you
does anybody know how much block and hit advantage the different arrows on the 3 hitlevels have? In the Chris G Final stream they said "oh it´s plus 4"...But a crouching green arrow isn´t +4 for sure, feels more like 0 or+1 onblock. A little chart would be helpful. I ask because i´d like to explore some pressure strings with this electric arrow. Maybe the stagger stun on hit sets up a fairly safe jump in. Have not tested it cuz lack of time.
All arrows are +3 on block, and all low arrows are around neutral on block.
This is just an estimate from training mode, but I think it's pretty accurate...
Arrow on hit: +28
Low Arrow on hit: +10
Electric on hit: +22
Low Electric on hit: +22
Freeze on hit: +60

Slavi

Noob
Is there any way to shoot the 4 button special arrows diagonally upwards? Like the direction of Up Heaven Blast df 2.

Don´t know if it´s already known. You can use DB+1 (the 2 Up Arrows) as a combo-starter. My question is, does anybody know if DB+1 have invincible frames on wakeup? That would be nice. It´s just an idea but if u eat an untechable knockdown(combo ender of choice), most guys try to catch u with a ambiguous crossup. Wake up DB+1 11xxIce Arrow/special of choice could be a nice option and u can interrupt many vortex setups. May it works on Doomsday´s stomp

Saffa

Noob
Load up ice arrow then dash up do crouch 1 then string into arrow. If you stay crouching with the arrow you have to block low because it hits low if Green Arrow jumps up and shoots it diagonally towards you then it's an overhead.
I'm having trouble getting him to aim fast enough for me to do the jumping back overhead arrow. Can I start holding 4 as soon as I input the d1 ? Seems I do d1 and then if it's blocked low and I jump back I often don't have the arrow loaded so I am shooting blanks.

I'm having trouble getting him to aim fast enough for me to do the jumping back overhead arrow. Can I start holding 4 as soon as I input the d1 ? Seems I do d1 and then if it's blocked low and I jump back I often don't have the arrow loaded so I am shooting blanks.
Yeah you can, d1 into arrow is like a string and that is actually the trick to get that to work.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
d1~lowArrow(holdbutton), push Up/Back (I kinda do this while he's putting the arrow on his bow) the second I move is when I release the arrow button.

be careful not to abuse this tactic to much, as good players know they can interupt this. Most characters can just counter poke the D1 on block with their own D1, and it is possible to MB3 after blocking the D1 as well. Its a tight window but it's possible to do. I tested with Green Arrow right up in night wings face doing D1~Ice Arrow. I figure there is about a 2-3 frame window to hit your B3 MB and blow that shit up.

LEGEND

YES!
be careful not to abuse this tactic to much, as good players know they can interupt this. Most characters can just counter poke the D1 on block with their own D1, and it is possible to MB3 after blocking the D1 as well. Its a tight window but it's possible to do. I tested with Green Arrow right up in night wings face doing D1~Ice Arrow. I figure there is about a 2-3 frame window to hit your B3 MB and blow that shit up.
Just to add a further breakdown of the D1-Arrow mix-up,

GA's D1 has very good range, so if done at the right distance most characters can't even safely counter poke it and most MBs will only punish the low shot option as the overhead jumps out of range. Also, D1-Savage blast can't be interrupted, which i find to be a great conditioning tool for setting up the 50/50

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Just to add a further breakdown of the D1-Arrow mix-up,

GA's D1 has very good range, so if done at the right distance most characters can't even safely counter poke it and most MBs will only punish the low shot option as the overhead jumps out of range. Also, D1-Savage blast can't be interrupted, which i find to be a great conditioning tool for setting up the 50/50
Excellent points Lethal, I always look too much at the negative lol. Yes if you have the range of your dash into D1 you can really fuck with people.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
General question : How can i roll back to avoid overhead/lows mindgames?
do you mean when you are knocked down?

you can tech roll on most knockdowns unless it is a "HARD" knock down. You can go into the tutorial mode to learn and practice this.

Universal Hard knockdown all characters have is D3, other characters get hardknockdown off specials and certain strings, it's up to you to know the match up and strings they will do to accomplish this.

I'm still trying to perfect waking up with BowSpinHurricaneMove, it has invincibility frames where as DB2 does not. still not sure about GA's wake up game, still feels week to me.

Zato1984

Noob
do you mean when you are knocked down?

you can tech roll on most knockdowns unless it is a "HARD" knock down. You can go into the tutorial mode to learn and practice this.

Universal Hard knockdown all characters have is D3, other characters get hardknockdown off specials and certain strings, it's up to you to know the match up and strings they will do to accomplish this.

I'm still trying to perfect waking up with BowSpinHurricaneMove, it has invincibility frames where as DB2 does not. still not sure about GA's wake up game, still feels week to me.
Thanks for replying :)

Yeah, tech roll, after a "normal" knock down, what's the inputs?

Yeah, it's to early to say, but i also think he doesn't have good wake up tools, like Batman's parry or Doom's Supernova.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Thanks for replying :)

Yeah, tech roll, after a "normal" knock down, what's the inputs?

Yeah, it's to early to say, but i also think he doesn't have good wake up tools, like Batman's parry or Doom's Supernova.
holding back if your on the ground, and I also think you can do a quick tech if you hit a button right as you land, I honestly haven't messed with it enough lol.