What's new

Do You Ever Just Feel Like Being an A**hole?

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I generally don't like being an asshole because it's just not my style, but I also take NO shit from anyone. If someone is an asshole to me, they don't know the level of rude cunted asshole I become. Only when I need to be, I am S++ tier asshole.

I never do. I kind of believe that while playing to win is the point of competitive gaming, there's also a sense of honour to be had.
You can't make me angry by repeatedly crouching or using a taunt button if there is one, because why should I. But at the same time I'm not going to be monkeying around either because I understand that repeated crouching may anger some people for some reason unknown to me.

I think beating the ever living fuck out of the opponent is fine. Being an asshole about it, is not.
Sound to me like your confusing "honor" with good sportsmanship. The GG, the handshake, the tip of the hat. or just being respectful is good sportsmanship. What's honor, if the other guy goes afk you stop playing or if it's a new player are you gonna let him win? If something happens to give you an advantage you take it, whether online or off but you can still be a good sport about it.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Sound to me like your confusing "honor" with good sportsmanship. The GG, the handshake, the tip of the hat. or just being respectful is good sportsmanship. What's honor, if the other guy goes afk you stop playing or if it's a new player are you gonna let him win? If something happens to give you an advantage you take it, whether online or off but you can still be a good sport about it.
Honour to me is that you respect your opponent enough that you give them no quarter and expect none but you also do not taunt or insult them.
You do not defile their corpse on the battlefield or carry their head around as a trophy.
Bury the dead.

While this is just a game and not a real battlefield, I feel like there is much to be said about being not just a good sportsman, but also an honourable one.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
I kinda troll in tekken sometimes but its to show my opponent what not to do if that makes sence.
If they aren't an experienced player and they are using strings that can be ducked and launched I will launch them but not combo them. Whiff punish with an electric but not combo stuff like that.

I think I may have worded this poorly. I'm not releasing some repressed anger or rage, it's more like I'm releasing my inner Biff. You could say that I'm preparing the people for the real bad guys, in reality, I'm providing a public service.
Paint it whatever colour you want.
You know its a jerk move, otherwise you wouldn't have made a post trying to justify it.
Either don't do it or own that you're being a jerk (albeit mildly).

E

Eldriken

Some of y'all trying to put this on a personal level or thinking it has something to do with their mental being need to lighten up a bit.

People can and will do this kind of thing just for a laugh, not because they're a sociopath or something.

Does it make people an asshole? Sure. Does it mean they have a problem? No.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
If someone gets genuinely mad at something as silly as t-bagging they're the type of person I want to make mad. I'll admit it's for my own amusement and kind of mean but it's fun. Getting t-bagged is funny and if someone smokes me in a stupid game I don't care anyways. Mileena was the only thing that got me irrationally tilted though but thats on me, not Mileena players.

Espio

Kokomo
Some of y'all trying to put this on a personal level or thinking it has something to do with their mental being need to lighten up a bit.

People can and will do this kind of thing just for a laugh, not because they're a sociopath or something.

I think people like Can'tStopTheTrain teabagging and telling me how much of a worthless human being I am and calling me a bitch because I'm casually playing my main character is pretty indicative that there is a problem. These reactions are not normal and should not be treated as such. Normalizing nasty behavior is weird.

It's not really funny when people have actual negative emotional responses tied to why they are doing the shit. We need to be candid and honest instead of trying to minimize the weird behavior. I don't even know him, I've never had a negative engagement with him prior to him doing that stuff so he can't even say "well Espio was mean to me" or anything. He probably doesn't even remember saying it because that's how desensitized he is to being a dick.

Am I mad about it? Not particularly, but I don't need to be angry to understand that said behavior is not appropriate and douchebag tier. These people rarely leave it at pressing the controller down repeatedly.

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

I think people like Can'tStopTheTrain teabagging and telling me how much of a worthless human being I am and calling me a bitch because I'm casually playing my main character is pretty indicative that there is a problem. These reactions are not normal and should not be treated as such. Normalizing nasty behavior is weird.

It's not really funny when people have actual negative emotional responses tied to why they are doing the shit. We need to be candid and honest instead of trying to minimize the weird behavior. I don't even know him, I've never had a negative engagement with him prior to him doing that stuff so he can't even say "well Espio was mean to me" or anything. He probably doesn't even remember saying it because that's how desensitized he is to being a dick.

Am I mad about it? Not particularly, but I don't need to be angry to understand that said behavior is not appropriate and douchebag tier. These people rarely leave it at pressing the controller down repeatedly.
Some people may have an issue and that's why they do it. I was just saying that some people do it just for the sake of doing it for a little bit of fun, albeit not the best type of fun.

Are they doing it because it's dumb and they enjoy being dumb? Sure. People will be people, and people are dumb.

Or are they doing it because they enjoy that other people get hurt or stressed over it?

Because, actually, that would in fact be one possible indicator of being a sociopath. Is it definitive? No, absolutely not. You'd need several indicators before you got anywhere close to that.

Iron Lungs

The official "sweat child" of TYM
On this website thats pretty ironic, because mortal kombat online is asshole central lol

While I don't think I have some underlying issue that's gonna make me snap I do think maybe my increasing boredom with the game may have played a role. Mk11 was my only major game purchase of 2019 and my next is most likely gonna be FF7 so when I purchase a game I kinda need to make it last. I play other games, of course, mostly CCGs and whatever PS+ has to offer. But MK11 and SFV are the games I play the most right now and when there is a lull in the content you gotta find ways to keep them fresh and entertaining. As a side note, I recently bought the kombat pass (I didn't have The Terminator or Sindel) while it was on sale and that has kept me busy, hopefully until The Joker releases.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
While I don't think I have some underlying issue that's gonna make me snap I do think maybe my increasing boredom with the game may have played a role. Mk11 was my only major game purchase of 2019 and my next is most likely gonna be FF7 so when I purchase a game I kinda need to make it last. I play other games, of course, mostly CCGs and whatever PS+ has to offer. But MK11 and SFV are the games I play the most right now and when there is a lull in the content you gotta find ways to keep them fresh and entertaining. As a side note, I recently bought the kombat pass (I didn't have The Terminator or Sindel) while it was on sale and that has kept me busy, hopefully until The Joker releases.
If you are only interested in "new things" you're setting yourself up for endless disappointment.
Find a game that does not get boring for you any time soon.

In general if a player t bags me he enters the black list that if I actually remember his gamertag I just decline playing against him cause I don't feel myself having to prove anything and didn't come to play online to suffer. If they're in my blacklist and we have to play on kl they gonna get tbagged if I win them, every time.

Espio

Kokomo
I know it's not customary for humans to think about others, but I do think people should. People in this community are strange. If you don't find the game entertaining, it's not my fault you don't or anyone else's you run into. Nobody should be degrading or harassing others. That isn't negotiable to decent people.

Even if you don't "snap", I don't trust you. People that have to harass other people online unprovoked make me think either they were a bully in high school or got bullied in high school and can't reconcile their neurosis so must make others suffer too cause they lack real power in their lives.

What is also failed to be understood is some people go and play these games as an escape from their terrible home life or work life. Do you know I used to play video games as an escape from the terrible domestic life I had at home. I can't imagine turning on my PS4 now as a young 13 year old Espio and having someone call me a worthless human being and a bitch after just having my dad tell me how stupid, dumb and fat I am. Miserable people need to relax. I don't know what you personally do for trash talk and I don't personally care cause it's clearly not nice things.

There are people who have been through hell that turn on their consoles, you don't know these anonymous strangers or how much they are hurting. Leave people alone.

Teabagging and trolling is for close friends in the community. People who we talk to and have a history with because there's actual context. It sounds dramatic but there are also suicidal people playing these games too and they may not be able to take you trash talking them and it's the last straw that broke their back. Shit's not funny.

This is the energy I have when I play these games.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I understood the OP as being somewhat tongue-in-cheek and not to be taken seriously.

Besides, the OP is a Cage player, so he can’t help it :cool:

I don’t condone being a jerk to anyone. Unless you play Cage. Then it’s kind of like an involuntary reflex. Getting into character is critically important to winning the match :coffee:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Johnny the salty?
The Greek tragedy of Darth Johnny? Those are made in five parts if I remember correctly.

-low tier hero
-the whiffing issues
-the buff
-the downplay
-becoming #1 and winning a tourney