What's new

Do you consider out gearing your opponent fair?

It's NRS fault. for not putting a player match option for competitive mode nor doing it for King of the Hill too. (Or at least not putting it by default). The people must be vocal to this issue... Like they did for the slow gear un boxing process.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I don't understand what you're trying to say here. Every ticket bought for a lottery has an equal chance to be the winning ticket. It's random which one it will be, but that randomness is spread equally amongst all participants.
It's statistically improbable that you will win the lottery just like it's statistically improbable to predict RNG loot drops. Similarly it's statistically improbable to guarantee balanced combat (in those particular modes). It's "fair" in the most generalist of terms but technically, there's so many variables that influence RNG. It's not like you're guaranteed anything outside of specific mission rewards (provided you have enough credits to participate, characters Lvl 20 enough to participate, etc.)

I already pointed out how the context of "fair" is true if we're talking "because the game mode allows for it" earlier in this thread and then again tonight. If we're talking "fair" from a "balance" perspective then I think some people might consider it "unfair" to fight someone with "imbalanced" gear. I should've clarified earlier before I responded to you.

Moral of the story: If you want balanced fights A) Stick to Ranked or B) Drop out of matches if people don't toggle on Competitive Mode.

I don't understand what you're trying to say here. Every ticket bought for a lottery has an equal chance to be the winning ticket. It's random which one it will be, but that randomness is spread equally amongst all participants.
Two people play the lottery, they're then made to fight with whatever their winnings can get them. One guy wins millions, another doesn't.

Is it a fair fight? No
It's it a fair system? No

Fair doesn't equate to equal probability

Then imagine these two have to fight again, but that winner still has all the stuff he had last time and he can still win the lottery again, but it doesn't matter if he wins nothing unless the other guy also wins the jackpot

Last edited:
Two people play the lottery, they're then made to fight with whatever their winnings can get them. One guy wins millions, another doesn't.

Is it a fair fight? No
It's it a fair system? No

Fair doesn't equate to equal probability

Then imagine these two have to fight again, but that winner still has all the stuff he had last time and he can still win the lottery again, but it doesn't matter if he wins nothing unless the other guy also wins the jackpot
OK, even ignoring all the logic errors there, you're talking about a week one problem. The game's been out for a couple of months and everyone's had an equal opportunity to burn scores of regen tokens on all of their gear items for all their characters, so any difference between gear stats are statistical irrelevancies. There are no lottery winners being compared to lottery losers.

OK, even ignoring all the logic errors there, you're talking about a week one problem. The game's been out for a couple of months and everyone's had an equal opportunity to burn scores of regen tokens on all of their gear items for all their characters, so any difference between gear stats are statistical irrelevancies. There are no lottery winners being compared to lottery losers.
What logic errors?

Regen tokens are another roll, you may get worse or better gear. The f act remains. You're just hoping to randomly get better or even gear. In the lottery example, it's a constant farm quest to win big or get what you need. Until you actualy get a comparable set, you're fighting at disadvantage. That disadvantage is unfair because the guy didn't do anything to get that advantage, he just won it in a lottery.

He's not putting together a well reasoned set of gear, hes just got iron man armour randomly.

Pretending time investment is some validating factor is suggesting too random people of the same age would have equal odds in a fight no mater their background