What's new

DLC plans + pay to unlock

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Dude, just bail. I can only assume he was maybe beaten up by some kids he raided in Clash and just never recovered.
lol true. You got to love these people who feel entitled to everything whenever a new game is announced.

All companies want your money.
You could consider their contributions as advertising.

It was obviously rhetorical to establish a point that I do think it's harder now. You didn't refute this.

There is literally no point in discussing anything with you. You are just a broken record with no substance. Kid.
lol I was playing MK most likely before you even born, FAR from a kid but clearly you're one given your maturity level. Yeah, all companies want money for a HARD worked on game. It's called making a living, one day maybe you'll learn that when you get older. You're the one without substance. "contributions as advertising?" WTF? Dumbest thing I've read in a while.

Tell me, you have a successful company how do you make profits? By not making money? How does that work? Tell me.

So people who contribute and donate money for charities, causes, tournaments or anything legit are "advertising"? Wow...

If I were a bigtime company that made millions off my games, I'd look at you and tell you to keep your money. You have nothing worth reading just like your dumb trolling in my other thread several months back.

Last edited:
I don't mind if we can pay to unlock Gear since it's optionnal. It can be useful for players who don't have much time to spend on I2.

"With DLC characters, we’ve had four with Mortal Kombat, six with Injustice, eight with Mortal Kombat X"
Nine DLCs with Goro

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Tl;dr: I'm not ok with buying at least 10 DLC characters. And I'm sure I wont be ok with how they package them. All this talk about content makes me worry about post game support. Gears are a thing and all we can do is hope it doesn't mess with the base game.

The thing the bothers me most is they just basically said "we will aggressively sell you at least 10 DLC characters." Honestly if I can't get them free somehow or at least use em in training mode then fuck that noise. 10x5=50 bucks. But it will probably be 3 to 4 season passes (which is a whole other level of fuckery I'll never understand), so 30 (if it's all new content) or 20 (if it's old.) Because some skins HAVE to be thrown in. For a variety of characters regardless of the ratio the roster already has.

I just don't get how people aren't talking about that more. Also if they're pumping out that much content, what the hell is balance and patches going to look like. 3 games in and there are still moments where characters just seemed to get dropped off the patch checklist. Usually after some major buff or nerf that can be debated. Or they never fully get the changes they actually need.

This gear thing already has me uneasy in terms of how much resources are going in to this and trying out another whole new gimmick. But if I can avoid it when I want to seriously play online and offline then it might turn out ok. I'm still wondering if MUs are going to be so decisive like they were in the first one because of how defined the characters were.

Anyways that's my rant. Thanks for reading.

This thread is such a load of bullshit. NRS make a cool feature to make the game more fun, and remember it is a game that most people play for fun. "Phat Loot" is a proven game system that people love.. everyone loves getting cool loot and items it slots into that reward sensations hard-wired into our brains. So they make a game that is fun and interesting... BUT they know there are competitive types so that make a unlock system so people that do not want to actually play the game but have all the rewards can gte it instantly, also so tournament event organisers can run unlocked games without the need to 100% grind it on every system

Just for the record most of the complaining school girls in this thread wouldn't probably not care if there was no unlock and can not see the hypocritical nature of that.

There is a big difference between Pay2Win and just having a option to unlock everything if you prefer it that way, or say you have kids and do not have the time to play it to completion. NRS providing a unlock is just them looking out for and providing an additional service to the consumers because they are nice.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
look at that, trufenix and MKF30, holding hands in another thread where NRS is getting some negative feedback

hey remember when you guys agreed that it was perfectly justified for them to cut support to the PC version, because it might cost them some money to not abandon the game that people payed triple-A price for just 6 months earlier?

You guys should be banned from posting in NRS threads.

The thing the bothers me most is they just basically said "we will aggressively sell you at least 10 DLC characters." Honestly if I can't get them free somehow or at least use em in training mode then fuck that noise. 10x5=50 bucks. But it will probably be 3 to 4 season passes (which is a whole other level of fuckery I'll never understand), so 30 (if it's all new content) or 20 (if it's old.) Because some skins HAVE to be thrown in. For a variety of characters regardless of the ratio the roster already has.
i can not even believe I am reading this.. EVERYONE.. and I am going to go on a limb here saying that includes you WANTS LARGE ROSTERS. This is a comic game they literally have 100s maybe even 1000s of beloved characters to choose from. How can anyone have a problem with players having more choices of in the roster of cool characters to play?

God Confirm

There is a big difference between Pay2Win and just having a option to unlock everything if you prefer it that way, or say you have kids and do not have the time to play it to completion. NRS providing a unlock is just them looking out for and providing an additional service to the consumers because they are nice.
No there isn't - that's definitively what the "Pay2Win" model is, it's not a literal term. It's where you pay to skip the grind. Jeeez at least look up what the term means if you are going to try patronize people for getting it wrong.

No there isn't - that's definitively what the "Pay2Win" model is, it's not a literal term. It's where you pay to skip the grind. Jeeez at least look up what the term means if you are going to try patronize people for getting it wrong.
Actually it is not. P2W is a term that is thrown around by idiots way to much. There IS such a thing as Pay2Win.. but this is not even remotely it.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Look at that God Confirm still trolling as usual posing as an MK fan, how cute probably Quan Fusion under a different name....Yawn, God Confirm should be banned from the site all together. Still crying over the PC gig? LMAO....wow get over it shit, nobody cares about PC fighters haven't you learned anything from Injustice, MK and SFV? lol If you want to play fighters buy a damn PS4 or Xbox or Nintendo whatever console it's on, geez...

This thread is such a load of bullshit. NRS make a cool feature to make the game more fun, and remember it is a game that most people play for fun. "Phat Loot" is a proven game system that people love.. everyone loves getting cool loot and items it slots into that reward sensations hard-wired into our brains. So they make a game that is fun and interesting... BUT they know there are competitive types so that make a unlock system so people that do not want to actually play the game but have all the rewards can gte it instantly, also so tournament event organisers can run unlocked games without the need to 100% grind it on every system

Just for the record most of the complaining school girls in this thread wouldn't probably not care if there was no unlock and can not see the hypocritical nature of that.

Thank you!! Someone logical lol. I mean I know most in here are except for a few people literally(the ones who will disagree with you constantly) I agree with this, I don't get how someone can be against loot that is free by playing the game but yet they bitch because NRS will offer it as a optional MT for those who have trouble, dont have time whatever the reason to get it and will offer the separate tourney mode for the serious competitors.

I liked how Ed put it, between the gears mode unlock by playing, the option to pay for the gear(not to win but for gear) afterall we still have to play the game ourselves to win right? If someone sucks ass no amount of gear will change that lol, and of course offer the tournament mode. I think the same few people I won't say who but it's obvious by just reading this thread love to cry and bitch over anything they can think of then claim they're "fans" and support NRS...yeah my ass lol. Well said dude.

Last edited:

God Confirm

Actually it is not. P2W is a term that is thrown around by idiots way to much. There IS such a thing as Pay2Win.. but this is not even remotely it.
sounds like you are re-writing the definition of the word then.

https://www.google.com.au/?client=opera#q=pay+to+win+definition

because you are right, if the word to you means something other than what its defined as by everyone, and you just take the term "pay, to win the game" as literally as possible, then yes, the concept of a pay to win game is almost non-existent.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
i can not even believe I am reading this.. EVERYONE.. and I am going to go on a limb here saying that includes you WANTS LARGE ROSTERS. This is a comic game they literally have 100s maybe even 1000s of beloved characters to choose from. How can anyone have a problem with players having more choices of in the roster of cool characters to play?
Did you read my post? I have no problem with more characters. I think it's a cool thing KoF has going for it although it can be a burden. (Casual sees "OVER 40 CHARACTERS" and feels overwhelmed. Heck it can be overwhelming for fighting game vets.) But I have a problem with paying for a vital part of the game. It's not like characters have to be paid for only. They could be free. They Could be a grind. They could be behind reasonable unlock requirements. Nevermind I also brought up how all that extra content already affects NRS' rocky balance record.

And can people realize that creating a loot system tired to grinding random chance and then giving you a cash route that shortcuts all that is not for the consumer in any way. It's a straight business move through and through.

God Confirm

in this thread: a bunch of people who play nothing but NRS games, rewriting the meaning of a word simply so that it doesn't apply to NRS games.

sorry guys, Pay-to-Win still has the same definition today as it did yesterday and has done for the last 10 years. It's like me saying you guys are all spergs, and then claiming it's actually a compliment because it's not in the Oxford.

The only game I can think of that is LITERALLY pay to win, is probably https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Rigs:_Over_the_Road_Racing

It's impossible to lose, and basically for your money gives you a guaranteed victory.

This is not what the term pay-to-win means, it's not a literal term or else it could be argued that it applies to practically nothing. Its a catchphrase coined to mock the business model of multiplayer games where paying to achieve the same in game advantages that people who don't want to pay even more for their game, have to grind for.

That is what this is. By all means you don't have to like that this term now describes Injustice 2, you don't have to be against the pay-to-win model if you are cool with this design, but you cannot keep disputing that the word means something other than what it does. You don't have to take my word for it, do your own research on the term and see what definitions you get back.

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
Tl;dr: I'm not ok with buying at least 10 DLC characters. And I'm sure I wont be ok with how they package them. All this talk about content makes me worry about post game support. Gears are a thing and all we can do is hope it doesn't mess with the base game.
I think you are in the extreme minority. Most people want more characters.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I think you are in the extreme minority. Most people want more characters.
Look to my above reply. I never said "I don't want more characters." I said I'm not ok with having to purchase them and I doubt I'll be ok with how they're packaged. Already went in depth with this very thing two posts above you.

trufenix

bye felicia
Look to my above reply. I never said "I don't want more characters." I said I'm not ok with having to purchase them and I doubt I'll be ok with how they're packaged. Already went in depth with this very thing two posts above you.
Oh no I read it, but using the term "vital" to describe content then suggesting it should be available for free is nonsense. You want NRS to deliver a 20-30 character game that is both balanced and full featured, then expand that feature set over a period of a year (or longer) and get no compensation for it? Is that how your job works?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Oh no I read it, but using the term "vital" to describe content then suggesting it should be available for free is nonsense. You want NRS to deliver a 20-30 character game that is both balanced and full featured, then expand that feature set over a period of a year (or longer) and get no compensation for it? Is that how your job works?
I work at little service job while I'm at school and when people need some things for an event to run smoothly we do some things no problem. That's where extra characters falls for me. But I'll keep this within fighting games. SFV has a grind option for characters. Tekken just makes the free by default. (The reasoning being that not having the characters is like trying to play a game without the pieces. So they make them free. But I guess they speak nonsense too huh?) Skullgirls gave them away free for like month after release. I just downloaded two GG Revelator characters for free. I don't even own that game. And there's examples of it being done in other Genre's. If you read my post you would notice I suggested a grind option to go along with the cash option. At the very least let me get training mode so I can at least figure out the new characters so I'm not constantly spending matches trying to win and figure out what they're capable of at the same time.

Edit: you could consider characters locked behind a paywall to be limited time pay to win. The time being how long it takes to learn how to fight that character so you actually stand a chance.

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Since we got this new rating system I have to ask. What are people "disagreeing" with?
  • The fact we could get characters for free? It's been done before in quite a few ways. Hell even just training mode. I still don't get how that's not allowed.
  • The fact all of this new content, some of which NRS has never done before could interfere with balance. I mean look at TYM discussion for Triborg, Tanya, Predator, Alien (so good they basically alienated users on here.) Jason, Bo Rai Cho, (So bad only a select few even think of bothering). Tremor was a mixed bag. Idk how Leatherface went. And I'm sure injustice 1 was no different.
  • Or that were some problems with injustice 1 that are hopefully being talked about. Like walk speed and how straightforward some characters designs were. Some balance issues if they're bringing back old move sets.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Have you people never played a Soul Calibur game? This gear system has already been done. Guess what? The gear boosts will only affect casual players. If the idea of some 12 year old with his mom's credit card beating you online is really giving you night sweats, I really don't know what to tell you, other than you will absolutely be able to enjoy the game and never have to experience the boost system. Consider gear boosts in I2 the equivalent of that MKX mode no one ever played, where you can get hit by random effects and Cyrax bombs and shit. You will never have to experience it if you don't want to.

For anyone taking the game seriously, it's just a bonus way to make your character look cool. And guess what, I'm fucking glad they gave a pay-to-unlock option; I'm a grown-ass man who already shouldn't be playing so many video games, and I certainly don't have the time or patience to grind that shit out.

So cool your jets, take a deep breath, and know that everything will be ok.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I keep hearing "the gear isn't for competitive play". Where was it confirmed this was said? Seems to me there are strong implications that gear is in tourney mode, but in a "balanced" way.

As far as I know there is supposed to be a mode that caters to tournament players, with no specifics how the gear involved plays out. I haven't heard anything about "tournament mode is gearless" or anything, so likely it's gonna be some managed version of "balanced gear options" or such. If gear was statistically uninvolved in tourney mode they would have said it.

While that may cause issues in itself, any option that involves paying for gear in competitive play will permanently kill the game for me, so hopefully that isn't the route. If it was "all these gear give you a +5 in a different stat in tourney mode, pick one", then yea it would work. If it's "buy a gear to reach the tourney mode max, but casuals can go even higher in other modes" then it will turn a lot of people off.

Time will tell.