What's new

Tech Displaying The Standing Reset.

knight x1868

Blue Lantern Corps
For some reason... some ODD reason! when I do this [b22, lightning kick MB, b2, d2, 32] I'm either whiffing the 3 completely or all of 32 is hitting.

EDIT: HOLY HELL I got it...

Wow this reset is stupid in a good way.

SEV

Noob
I'm not trying to be negative here, but what is the advantage in doing this reset instead of a BnB? Can't the opponent block the mixup after the reset if they guess right? Just trying to figure out when / how to use this. Thanx for the input!
There really isn't a specific time to use this, it is just more of a preference thing, with the same general concept as the trait reset, sacrificing actual damage for potential damage. You can either take your BnB into an oki set up or sacrifice the 6% and get a standing reset with advantage. It's essentially just a sure way to continue pressure, probably best used against characters that have solid wake up options to escape our oki set ups and what-not, for example Shazam. Aside from that I just imagine it would be a good tool to use in dire situations with low life where your BnB will not do enough damage to take the round, and can't risk letting your opponent starting up any offense, because even though, yes, the follow ups can be blocked, your opponent still has to respect your D1D2 which can give you one last chance. Just something he doesn't really need but could have situational usage; not at all breakthrough tech, but adding it on top of everything else we have is what makes it dirty in my opinion.

Last edited:

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
SEV BoricuaHeat

I'm not trying to be negative here, but what is the advantage in doing this reset instead of a BnB? Can't the opponent block the mixup after the reset if they guess right? Just trying to figure out when / how to use this. Thanx for the input!
Nothing negative about an honest question bro!

Sacrificing damage for a potential mix up and guaranteed pressure situation for the opponent (dat +4), also just adding another option to screw with your opponents heads helps too.

SEV pretty much nailed the explanation tho.

DarkPage

Noob
Ive been practicing this lately and man i cant seem to consistently get it, i maybe get it 2/10 times, any particular helpful tips or do i just got to keep grinding it out to feel the timing?

EDIT: Also i'm fairly new to Flash ive messed with him before, but have just recently decided to take him much more serious.

SEV

Noob
Ive been practicing this lately and man i cant seem to consistently get it, i maybe get it 2/10 times, any particular helpful tips or do i just got to keep grinding it out to feel the timing?

EDIT: Also i'm fairly new to Flash ive messed with him before, but have just recently decided to take him much more serious.
Make sure you're just framing the b2; go into practice and get the muscle memory down. From there it's just being able to identify the lowest possible moment visually for your D2. If you do it right, a just frame 32 should give you the reset. The negative side to this tech though, is to make it perfectly reliable, you need the just frame B2, so any lag can make it difficult to execute, so it's pretty hard to actually do in online play if that's where you are having an issue with it.

DarkPage

Noob
Make sure you're just framing the b2; go into practice and get the muscle memory down. From there it's just being able to identify the lowest possible moment visually for your D2. If you do it right, a just frame 32 should give you the reset. The negative side to this tech though, is to make it perfectly reliable, you need the just frame B2, so any lag can make it difficult to execute, so it's pretty hard to actually do in online play if that's where you are having an issue with it.
just framing in the sense as, as soon as possible?

BoricuaHeat

i'd say top 10, not top 5.

how do u beat this character anyway >.>
You pray that he screws up.

On a more informative note, try to stay away from his comfort zone and predict his forward dashes, and on the note that he does get in his pressure can be countered. Most off Flash's follow ups from pressure strings(b22, d1d2) can be back dashed and from there he would have to rely on catching you with sonic pound (can be d2 or forward dashed) or charge (can be punished if crouching). If you come across Flash players who lighting kick on block consistently, go for a grab or initiate your pressure with a move that can catch back dashes.

I could help out more if I knew which character you play my friend, since it allows me to specify which tools to use for minimizing of the salt my character can give produce.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i use Zod And DS as of now, tho i plan on adding WW and MMH to make a trio and leave DS as a side character.

BoricuaHeat

i use Zod And DS as of now, tho i plan on adding WW and MMH to make a trio and leave DS as a side character.
Perfect counter counters for Flash minus DS tho for well you know (charge).

Takes little risks with Zod, be sure to keep him out with ZBalls or better yet if you can IAZB you're pretty much guaranteed trait set ups on top of keeping him out, I would use his pistol sparingly since Flash can just duck and then dash to close the gap. As for pressure without trait I would simply go for a f213 and cancel it into palm or his ground laser back dash to resume zoning, but if you do take the risk go for his 213 string or 21~low laser for the mix ups. When Flash starts to pressure you will not worry too much about his frame traps, b22 will whiff on Zod and he has to rely on dashing in to go for normals cancelled into sonic pound (which can be punished with d2 on godlike read) or his overhead which you can parry and send him full screen away where you want him. Lastly when you get trait set up give him hell and get as much leverage from trait as possible at least make him guess on a 50/50. Another thing to keep in mind is that Flash can forward dash out off trait slashes so either pressure up close, bait the forward dash punishing it with pistol, or go for a 50/50 from full screen when he's knocked down.

Well that's all I got for Zod, MMH just trait up and go nuts with out ranging him and as for WW stay in lasso stance for her b2 to keep flash out. Ask in the flash matchup thread for further more in depth help, I am sure they will be happy to assist.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
you mean u can punish inbetween his normal and sonic pound? or do u mean punish his dash with d2?

SEV

Noob
you mean u can punish inbetween his normal and sonic pound? or do u mean punish his dash with d2?
If the Flash uses either: D1D2 xx SP or F21 xx SP(his low and overhead strings), you can knock him out of the air with a D2; there isn't enough hit stun for the SP to jail in those block strings.

BoricuaHeat

Like @SEV described, just strings cancelled into pound can be interrupted, punish his dash with a d1d2 into your breath and butter of choice. Condition him to carefully approach you. Also to keep things on topic, a good way to counter this standing reset with Zod would be to either back dash or parry if you think he's gonna try and catch you in the act of dashing away, you don't take much risk with Zod's backdash since b22 will whiff on him if you crouch so just backdash away.

EDIT: Never mind, Zod's backdash is punishable by b22 so watch out for that.

Last edited: