What's new

digi's not dead, yet!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
khrome is a pretty nice guy though
I understand he is nice, but we need to raise limits, i know some of you are cool with what he does and some are in just for the troll, but come on, there is also serious people on the forum who doesn't want to get upset by alert notifications who are specifically about nothing but off-topic or conversation we don't even want to stick our noses in.

Take Colt for example, don't you think he feels bored? Every time he logs here he has to deal with this, even if he was already requested to be removed from that conversation, he is still there, not only him, tyler john edwards and all. Honestly i think this is really disturbing, and i have that feel that if i removed myself from the conversation i will be re-introduced again.

hell i think someone who did this back in 2012 got banned from it, why is khrome allowed to keep with this?

I understand he is nice, but we need to raise limits, i know some of you are cool with what he does and some are in just for the troll, but come on, there is also serious people on the forum who doesn't want to get upset by alert notifications who are specifically about nothing but off-topic or conversation we don't even want to stick our noses in.

Take Colt for example, don't you think he feels bored? Every time he logs here he has to deal with this, even if he was already requested to be removed from that conversation, he is still there, not only him, tyler john edwards and all. Honestly i think this is really disturbing, and i have that feel that if i removed myself from the conversation i will be re-introduced again.

hell i think someone who did this back in 2012 got banned from it, why is khrome allowed to keep with this?
He can just leave the conversation, can't he? Everyone can just leave the conversation whenever they want.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I have never seen eye-to-eye with people who think that the attacker should be "rewarded" for a knockdown. If someone is knocked down, your damage before the knockdown was the reward; your reward shouldn't be getting to dictate the match for the rest of the game. IMO people who want knockdown advantage are basically advocating for what we already have with standing resets, and I'll be damned if I ever want more of those.

Whenever I think of this kind of scenario, I think of what it would be like if Sonya was allowed to do a max damage combo instead of a less-damaging reset combo, but then was granted free pressure after knockdown. No thanks.
Exactly! Digi is completely wrong about this. Such a strong oki game would not work in nrs games. First off, you have a plethora of characters who get 45%+ damage: cyrax, smoke, superman, flash, bane, Grundy, aquaman, mmh, skarlet, kl, sektor, lobo, bg, shazaam, etc. with such few chances to break in nrs games (once in injustice, 2 bars mk), such a strong oki game with shitty wake ups would be cheap and too momentum heavy.

It works for a game like sf because heavy damage is much rarer and many knock downs are one hit occasions so there it makes sense. It also works for ki because although the potential for massive damage is there, the opponent still has the chance to break essentially every combo.

So it's either scale damage and or make breaking easier or keep safe wake up options.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
- being able to quickly change character variation and stage at the end of the match
- tag mode
- better netcode
- background music volume is exceptionally louder NATURALLY

I dont know if this is an issue with NRS games, but the music background always seems feint to me naturally. not sure why that is. but it's noticable when you compare it to other fighting games. even when the in game sound settings are at max. hope this gets addressed. because MK has some really amazing music.
This :u. I think the first 3 don't need any further explanation but the last one needs to be emphasized. MK has one of the better fighting game soundtracks by far, and I think MKX will have it too, but by default the background music volume was very low, and you needed to play it at max to get a decent enjoyable experience. So please NRS let everyone knows your amazing sound work by increasing the volume range. :). Btw, #FreeDigimon #BringbackDigi

GhosT

Noob
Lol a lot of players in this community do not have a strong defense. Getting knocked down does not mean you should have a move that grants you an easy or even free way to get up. You should have at least a good option to wake up but if there is no drawback to mashing a wakeup your playing something brain dead.

So many people forget you can actually get up and block.

This idea of the game should have free wakeups shows me how much the mentality of the community has deteriorated.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
thats all? i mean i remember him raging about mk9 and sheeva but is that it? lifetime ban?
He lets his emotions take the best of him and actually ruins his persona.

The last time i've heard of him, he did a really kool petition to patch MK9 one last time, the petition was running well for a day, until some jerk pisses him off, since he lets his emotion carry through his actions he took the petition down after people from all TYM MKU, MK Titans and others notable people like Kerri Hoskins's friends vote for the petition. So everyone just go with that impression they always had.

He raged for days and got himself banned.

Different from khrome who keeps coming back and torture us with khrome kontent, Digi love us too much to comeback.

- meterless invincible wake ups

oki should be a strong and controllable part of fighting games. players should be rewarded for a knockdown and the opponent should be concerned about the player's next approach. if wake ups are free, then there really isn't a reward for playing well and being at an advantage. this is HUGE for characters who really struggle getting in vs. zoners or characters who...just suck in general lol. when invincible wake ups cost meter. it adds to a whole new level of mind games and meter management. that creates a significant amount of hype/tension while playing the game at a high level.
I forget who said it on this site, but its something that always made sense to me and I've tried to think about for my own designs:

There are 3 super important properties to consider when making a wakeup attack. A wakeup attack can be safe, a wakeup attack can be meterless, and a wakeup attack can be fully invincible. A wakeup attack can be any two of those things as well and its probably pretty strong....but when you make it all three of those things its probably a little too powerful and you've probably skewed the risk/reward too much.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I forget who said it on this site, but its something that always made sense to me and I've tried to think about for my own designs:

There are 3 super important properties to consider when making a wakeup attack. A wakeup attack can be safe, a wakeup attack can be meterless, and a wakeup attack can be fully invincible. A wakeup attack can be any two of those things as well and its probably pretty strong....but when you make it all three of those things its probably a little too powerful and you've probably skewed the risk/reward too much.
Really hope there is no safe wakeups on block that are launchers on hit.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.

You can't be re added to conversations. Just leave and disable notifications and you won't see it ever again.

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
I agree with the OP on most things. However, tag mode can never be played competitively/seriously because balancing that is quite simply impossible. For me the fact that tag mode is broken makes it all the more fun. Me and my buddies play it in between intense 1v1 games to relieve the pressure and just have some ridiculous fun. If it's there in MKX that's how it should remain IMO.

I also have very different taste of characters to the OP.