What's new

digi's not dead, yet!

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
I'm just posting this for Digimon seeing as he's banned or w/e and asked me to do so..

MKX thoughts, hopes, and expectations:

hey I'm digi. retired from the FGC and MK community. everyone knows MKX is on the way. and so far from what I've seen, I'm extremely impressed. everything from the 3 character variation system to the newly enhanced graphics and added details to character's personality has been absolutely breath taking.

obviously I'm going to buy the game. for the aesthetics alone. but I am definitely hoping that this time around, MK is a GREAT fighting game. not just "ok, solid, or decent"....FUCKING GREAT, AMAZING, and can be played for many many years after release.

here's what I don't want to see in MKX:

- crouched characters and crouch character's attacks avoiding mid attacks.

this is by far one of the most retarded things I've seen in fighting games. mid attacks should NEVER be avoided by any type of crouching animation ever. and i seriously hope this gets deeply looked into from the testers. testing every characters attacks in every variation.

- meterless invincible wake ups

oki should be a strong and controllable part of fighting games. players should be rewarded for a knockdown and the opponent should be concerned about the player's next approach. if wake ups are free, then there really isn't a reward for playing well and being at an advantage. this is HUGE for characters who really struggle getting in vs. zoners or characters who...just suck in general lol. when invincible wake ups cost meter. it adds to a whole new level of mind games and meter management. that creates a significant amount of hype/tension while playing the game at a high level.

- input delay and input bug

these pretty much go without saying. but it'd be nice to play a newer NRS game as fast as I want, execution wise, without having to worry about my inputs being interrupted. some players rely heavily on having solid execution, myself included. and when that's disrupted and when could really be critical when it matters in tournament play or money matches.

- low damage output for combos/juggles

i really dislike working hard doing long, difficult, and/or stylish combos/juggles that may require to use 2 of 3 or 3 of 4 bars of meter in fighting games...only to net 35 - 40% damage. that is absolutely pathetic and laughable. and truly ruins a character's sense of worth IMO. now I get it that some character types, like zoners, shouldnt really do a significant amout of damage. especially if projectiles aren't breakable in MKX. but I hope they can do enough damage that makes their hard work worth the effort.

- 7-3 to 9-1 match ups

they suck and aren't fun to play in lol. but hopefully with MKX's new character variations system. this will become a non issue.

here's what I definitely want to see in MKX:

- MK9's being able to cancel air attacks into special moves. regardless on whiff or on hit

adds to combo potential and swag. alters the trejectory of air fireballs and allows you to feint when you're going to throw them. since u mask the timing from whiffed air attacks.

- enhanced projectiles being even more useful

it would be nice if enhanced projectiles did either an exceptional amount of added damage. or caused a wall bounce/higher lift/carry into the air for added juggle purpose. or put the opponent in a certain state. just something to give players more incentive on using meter for enhanced projectiles...universally.

- being able to quickly change character variation and stage at the end of the match

self explanitory

- background music volume is exceptionally louder NATURALLY

I dont know if this is an issue with NRS games, but the music background always seems feint to me naturally. not sure why that is. but it's noticable when you compare it to other fighting games. even when the in game sound settings are at max. hope this gets addressed. because MK has some really amazing music.

- Very short stage transitions

I'm actually extremely surprised that MKX doesnt have stage transitions of any kind. :/ That was one of the FEW very cool things about Injustice, that I wish transitioned over to MKX. Maybe a way to make it exclusive to MKX is to have characters knocked above or below into alternative parts of the stage. And NOT be allowed to select certain parts of the stage to start at the start of the match. But since stage fatalities are in the game, I suppose maybe it would be a bit much to have transitions AND stage fatals in the same game. i dunno lol.

- tag mode:

I seriously would love to see the tag mode return to MKX as a "for fun" side thing to do. just restrict to being able to tag ONCE mid combo/juggle and you'll be all set. hope if it does return, it will be played more at a higher level, maybe even have it's own following in tournaments.

Well those are my expectations listed above. It'd be nice to see if NRS does similiar things to what I mentioned here. I'd be one happy person. and I think the game would turn for the better in the long run. and personally, would be more fun to play at high level. cause I will surely be playing it online as soon as it's released.

- better netcode:

everyone and their mother wants MKX to have the best netcode possible. I seriously hope NRS pulls through this time around.

below is just personal opinions about the game's story mode, characters I'd like to see:

About the game's final boss, I would like to see it be someone big and badass like Shao Kahn. And the ONLY person to fit that role would be Onaga. But Boon said, that the final boss in the game would be an old favorite no one will expect returning. So maybe Shao Kahn COULD RETURN, now that would be something. I think the story mode will be a reimagining of MK4 - MK Deception. The kamidogu have been seen in the comic but apparently they play a different role. Ive read a lot of people think that skull on Quan Chi's brestplate is Onaga. And that Chi is gathering souls for Onaga's army. But where is his loyalty to Shinnok? And I don't recall Onaga really being that popular to be a returning fan favorite as final boss. So there's a lot of things I'm looking forward to seeing explained in the story mode. Will Reptile still play a role in Onaga's rebirth? Will Shinnok actually know and prepare for Quan Chi switching amulets on him? If Lui Kang returns will he become an anti hero due to his anger towards Raiden? Will Raiden turn into a more sinister version of himself like he did in MK Deception. Lui Kang and Raiden could be potential final boss characters, but I don't see them being "badass" lol. Just salty. How exactly did Kung Lao and Kitana return from being killed by Kahn and Sindel (respectively)? Did Kahn's death undo theirs? Did Raiden make a deal with the Elder God's in exchange for his immortaility?

Can't wait to find out.

Characters I'd like to see return in MKX:

- Sheeva

Obviously because she was my main character in MK9. She didn't die in the MK9 story mode. Sheeva needs to be done justice given a signnificantly better and updated moveset. And with next gen graphics, It would be amazing to see how NRS would design and animate a female Shokan.

- Kai

The game could NEVER HAVE ENOUGH BLACK CHARACTERS. Kai <3 I've always loved this character for a variety of reasons. ;) But he has some of the most swag moves in the MK universe. Handstand stance into spinning bird kick, the way he throws his fireballs, dat drop kick, and etc.. man he'd be amazing with a new design and reimagining. possibilities are endless.

- General Reiko

Now this character is simply badass. And could be a strong following after Shao Kahn if Kahn is truly NOT returninig to MKX. This is could Kahn's moveset normalized. With Reiko keeping some of his signature moves: the teleports (both from MK4), his surikens, and the twist kick launcher. I really would love to see this character return.

- Shinnok

I'm pretty confident this character will be in MKX. But I'd like to see a variation when he exclusively uses his Magic staff at all times. To attack with it and summon grave hands and projectiles. The whole nine yards. I could see NRS turning this character into a strong zoner. Be pretty dope if he levitates the whole time in his neutral stance like how Raven does in Injustice.

Honestly for the game to expand 5, 10, and up to 25 years into the future in story mode, I'm not entirely sure if there's gonna be another MK game after this. So what would really be awesome, is if after the game is released the game is heavily drenched in DLC content. Tons of characters released for DLC until all characters in the MK universe are playable in the V.S modes of MKX. It'll become the ULTIMATE MK TRILOGY. And a fantastice way to completely end the series.

Finally I am extremely excited for MKX. If you folks read this, I plan on playing the game heavily when it's released. And if I think the game is really good at high level, it will be the ONLY game and reason I returned to the FGC/social media out of retirement. Even though I absolutely hate the thought of E-Sports smh. The FGC isn't the same how it was while I was growing up. :(

I am enjoying sleeping better at night though. ;)

Thanks for reading,

Digi

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Digimon can be a nice guy, but should stop expecting that every fighting game is played the way he wants to play it.
Actually, after reading over the hopes he has for MKX, he's mostly hoping for things that a lot of others would like to see, myself included.

Digi, if you are reading, apparently in the build where this was discovered, wakeups are still invincible, but are easier to stuff than even Injustice. So they're free, but not free at the same time. If that makes it any better. Might not have remained, but here's to wishful thinking.

@RM AtK!

Actually, after reading over the hopes he has for MKX, he's mostly hoping for things that a lot of others would like to see, myself included.

Digi, if you are reading, apparently in the build where this was discovered, wakeups are still invincible, but are easier to stuff than even Injustice. So they're free, but not free at the same time. If that makes it any better. Might not have remained, but here's to wishful thinking.

@RM AtK!
That's not the point. It's okay to make a wishlist, but we all know how he goes on a tantrum like in mk9 when he doesn't get these things he wants.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
- meterless invincible wake ups

oki should be a strong and controllable part of fighting games. players should be rewarded for a knockdown and the opponent should be concerned about the player's next approach. if wake ups are free, then there really isn't a reward for playing well and being at an advantage. this is HUGE for characters who really struggle getting in vs. zoners or characters who...just suck in general lol. when invincible wake ups cost meter. it adds to a whole new level of mind games and meter management. that creates a significant amount of hype/tension while playing the game at a high level.
I have never seen eye-to-eye with people who think that the attacker should be "rewarded" for a knockdown. If someone is knocked down, your damage before the knockdown was the reward; your reward shouldn't be getting to dictate the match for the rest of the game. IMO people who want knockdown advantage are basically advocating for what we already have with standing resets, and I'll be damned if I ever want more of those.

Whenever I think of this kind of scenario, I think of what it would be like if Sonya was allowed to do a max damage combo instead of a less-damaging reset combo, but then was granted free pressure after knockdown. No thanks.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I have never seen eye-to-eye with people who think that the attacker should be "rewarded" for a knockdown. If someone is knocked down, your damage before the knockdown was the reward; your reward shouldn't be getting to dictate the match for the rest of the game. IMO people who want knockdown advantage are basically advocating for what we already have with standing resets, and I'll be damned if I ever want more of those.

Whenever I think of this kind of scenario, I think of what it would be like if Sonya was allowed to do a max damage combo instead of a less-damaging reset combo, but then was granted free pressure after knockdown. No thanks.
Kabal shouldn't have a reset in first place.
Skarlet damage output should be KL damage
Cyrax ah well, fuck Cyrax.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
That's not the point. It's okay to make a wishlist, but we all know how he goes on a tantrum like in mk9 when he doesn't get these things he wants.
To be honest, if some of this stuff isn't in MKX, I'm going to be mildly irked, too lol. Specifically the netcode improvements.

I can understand the wanting to be able to wakeup after having to deal with a combo. Getting hit for 40% sucks. Getting hit for 40% and being unable to do anything after but guess correctly to be able to survive is so bad lol. I think an invincible wakeup system is fine for MK's case. The damage in MK is generally high as it is. But there shouldn't be safe wakeups that lead to a lot. They should still be risky.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Kabal shouldn't have a reset in first place.
Skarlet damage output should be KL damage
Cyrax ah well, fuck Cyrax.
huh kabal is good because of his reset mainly..
his combo dmg isnt very big unless its a b121 starter which u need a jip usually to get.

he needs his fireball dmgs nerfed imo to like 3 % and maybe a frame or 2 off his cancel advs and he'd be fine

Last edited:
There will be another mk game after this one unfortunately. I actually kinda hate how nrs releases fighting games too fast. Reminds me of call of duty. It's gonna be 3 fighting games now since 2011 while smash melee is going to be at evo this year for its 3rd time and has been played since 2001 . I wish we had a game like that. One we could be loyal to.

There will be another mk game after this one unfortunately. I actually kinda hate how nrs releases fighting games too fast. Reminds me of call of duty. It's gonna be 3 fighting games now since 2011 while smash melee is going to be at evo this year for its 3rd time and has been played since 2001 . I wish we had a game like that. One we could be loyal to.
I agree, I wish we could stick to our games longer. I hope mk x can be our main game for at least 4 years.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
@zaf

"- crouched characters and crouch character's attacks avoiding mid attacks.

this is by far one of the most retarded things I've seen in fighting games. mid attacks should NEVER be avoided by any type of crouching animation ever. and i seriously hope this gets deeply looked into from the testers. testing every characters attacks in every variation."

I fully expect a blowup here :p (I am just fucking with you, I can't stay mad at canucks...even if they are French :p)

zaf

professor
@zaf
"- crouched characters and crouch character's attacks avoiding mid attacks.
this is by far one of the most retarded things I've seen in fighting games. mid attacks should NEVER be avoided by any type of crouching animation ever. and i seriously hope
this gets deeply looked into from the testers. testing every characters attacks in every variation."
I fully expect a blowup here :p (I am just fucking with you, I can't stay mad at canucks...even if they are French :p)
How did I know that as soon as I read that I would be expecting something like this lol?
Even still, this is just digimon's "opinion". There is no fact here.

I also am not french.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
How did I know that as soon as I read that I would be expecting something like this lol?
Even still, this is just digimon's "opinion". There is no fact here.

I also am not french.
Wait, He gets a pass!? I didn't know my opinions were facts! lol

Zaf, I am trying real hard here...please tell me you are indeed French. It's the only way I could forgive your misdeed. :p

zaf

professor
Wait, He gets a pass!? I didn't know my opinions were facts! lol
Zaf, I am trying real hard here...please tell me you are indeed French. It's the only way I could forgive your misdeed. :p
I mean I guess he gets a pass, only because I do not feel like getting involved in the same topic again. But my opinion remains the same when it comes to the subject, regardless of who is saying it. I also never said your opinions were fact. I was stating that digi's opinions are not facts. This does not mean that yours are.

I am not french. My background and nationality are of European descent. ( Bulgarian and polish).
I was just born here dude lol.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I mean I guess he gets a pass, only because I do not feel like getting involved in the same topic again. But my opinion remains the same when it comes to the subject, regardless of who is saying it. I also never said your opinions were fact. I was stating that digi's opinions are not facts. This does not mean that yours are.

I am not french. My background and nationality are of European descent. ( Bulgarian and polish).
I was just born here dude lol.
I know dude, I am just trying to give you a hard time.

There's no ill will, my eyes just widened when I read it, as I am sure yours did lol

Have a good day man!