What's new

Different Tiers

D

david_GEM

What do u think? Imagine there are different stages amongst us and we're all trying to level up- this is what i think those titles should be.

Beginner- Some who is somewhat new to the game and won't know what the hell to do but shows interest.

Noob- someone who hasn't yet found their skills in the game and is in a learning process.

Decent- someone who is beginning to tap into their skills and can give some trouble to anyone even if it's only a little bit of trouble.

Pretty Good- at this point the player can most likely random with some success and has found his identity. This is usually where a player makes the decision to become a noble player worth respect, or an asshole.

Solid- Someone that flat out should not be taken lightly in fact- he shall be feared by people of lower tier and opposed with great caution amongst his peers. The player may be known for something: either skill with character/random or style.

Top Tier (elite)- it's extremely difficult to reach this tier and the transition between solid and this may be the hardest. At this point the player may have accomplished something or is simply very heavily skilled. The player may also show a level of dedication to the game. The vast majority of his fights are in his favor and he is viable for teaching and mentoring others.

Untouchable- Someone who has made a name for himself and rarely loses. Their knowledge of tactics is beyond comprehension. Ironically in most cases, they barely play.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
If I had to rate myself, I'd say I'm somewhere between solid and elite. I'm definitely not elite because I lose more often than I win against the elites. The people I primarily lose to are the other elites, and turtling Jax's. Just my own self-analysis, for all the 2 cents it worth.

I don't know what I am honestly, I just play. I been told I suck then I been told I'm solid. I random with friends and don't random with PS3/MKII lobby no matter who you are. Sometimes I do. Its usually them that send me "I suck" which makes sense cause no likes losing to a black dude given that he has cheese LOL. :S

X820

Noob
It's kind of hard to rate and place people in some kind of tier, especially with MK2..

To me a very good turtle who is untouchable isn't worth shit.

MK2 is a fighting game, you're supposed to fight, so I'd say including people that ACTUALLY play the game and don't just press back as soon as the game starts, spamming and baiting their opponents is fair..

In a nutshell, with enough training anyone can beat anyone using cowardly tactics, this doesn't make a player good at MK2 per se, just a good opportunist.

generally when people start turtling I like to just mirror their movements. they usually get pissed and leave. sucks to get your own medicine I guess.

Rating pepole would be hard but if I were to be in a tier I'd probably be a solid solid :) I can't touch most of the elites like kensi,sushi, dvd, etc :(

D

david_GEM

@dciguy & vassago- that makes my point that it's toughest to go from solid to elite because it's mostly dependent on ur success (or lack there of) against elites. I'm trying to make that transition I think.

@x820- An untouchable who is a turtle has made the decision to be the "kind of" player. See "pretty good"

kaz freakin skipped "pretty good" i remember he went from decent to solid like over a week. Fusion went from solid to elite pretty quickly.

D

david_GEM

i posted this for people to identify where they stand based on how they've been doing and they feel. Even how other people feel about them.

When someone says "i think he's solid" you can refer to this to get an idea of what they mean.

iammud

Noob
<scrub :D

nah, in reality I'd say I'm between decent and solid, working my way back up. I've only been back to seriousish play for about a year now (I think). I can hang with sushi, mk2kano, shangman all day long, sometimes prince (he owns when he wants to). But then I fight other players like budo/foozer and I can only hang until about 20 matches, then he has me blueprinted and owned. I'm OCD so it's hard for me to change my style sometimes. And other players like Lion_Heart I don't stand a chance against... If we've got a delayed connection, you'll own me all day long. I have absolutely NO lag tactics...

X820, unfortunately it's not like it used to be in the arcades, when you actually had to look the person in the eyes after the match. This reminds me of the first time I saw someone get knocked out cold. It was in miami, over a money match where the dude tried to win w/ jax spam tactics. He lost. The cuban guy who won with skill rather than cheapness, turned to the kid and went to shake his hand, when the loser refused the cuban clocked him in the jaw. Kid was seizing and shit even...

D

david_GEM

LMFAO- I pictured that shit just now; could u imagine if u could use ur headset?

rdz21

Noob
based on my observations the difference between solid and elite can be accounted for with these reasons:
(1) Quickness
(2) patience
(3) combos
(4) blocking

also, what separates an untouchable from elite/solid:
(1) every game is a win opportunity, no matter what the matchup.
(2) knowing the significance of every move

Generally speaking (im talking from my own experience), defensive players tend to have greater control of each and every match. Also, players that are elite or untouchable have a rhythmic quality to their game that 99.9% of us can never understand. I dont think its a coincidence that players like dvdcsn, kensidj, and fusion117 are also musicians...there is something rhythmic about the way they move or read their opponents moves.

With all that said...im a solid player.

CUKO28

Noob
I would rate myself Unknown.
Sometimes im Decent.....
Other times im Pretty Good....
Or sometimes im just Wak.
I react different to different players. If i kick your ass today, when we play tomorrow i end up handing mines to you. I guess since i always play with my rosters it has some sort of influence.

(Off topic) Has anyone ever had a chance to play Unlimited_Man? I would rate this dude Untouchable. He doesnt play no more though. True-Noob is up there too. Its been more than a year since he last signed on, so i dont think he plays anymore either. Carajo!

D

david_GEM

rdz21 said:
I dont think its a coincidence that players like dvdcsn, kensidj, and fusion117 are also musicians...there is something rhythmic about the way they move or read their opponents moves.
I play piano dude- lmao. Ur observation is truly intelligent but I'm not surprised at that. ( I think ur solid too)

Cuko, ur solid sometimes and elite others, whether u like it or not. lol

I forgot to write- untouchables have the ability to make anyone else look like noobs.

I went from noob/decent to probably elite status, as far as untouchable goes I still take a beating from a few people on here so i wouldnt consider myself there yet

rdz21 said:
based on my observations the difference between solid and elite can be accounted for with these reasons:
(1) Quickness
(2) patience
(3) combos
(4) blocking

also, what separates an untouchable from elite/solid:
(1) every game is a win opportunity, no matter what the matchup.
(2) knowing the significance of every move

Generally speaking (im talking from my own experience), defensive players tend to have greater control of each and every match. Also, players that are elite or untouchable have a rhythmic quality to their game that 99.9% of us can never understand. I dont think its a coincidence that players like dvdcsn, kensidj, and fusion117 are also musicians...there is something rhythmic about the way they move or read their opponents moves.

With all that said...im a solid player.
Dookiebrain is a musician, too.

That theory doesn't always work, though. I've played guitar for 11 and a half years and it hasn't helped me much at MK2.

Kaz

Noob
david_GEM said:
This is usually where a player makes the decision to become a noble player worth respect, or an asshole.
Lol. You can only walk down one path, choose wisely...

I have on and off days, so on good days im solid, but on others I'm probably pretty good. Also I can't play solid when there's noticable lag, I like to play fast and lag makes some moves not come out in time.

I also play guitar, for about 10 years now. Let's start an MK2 band, we'll all dress up as a different character! hahaha

iammud

Noob
Kaz said:
I also play guitar, for about 10 years now. Let's start an MK2 band, we'll all dress up as a different character! hahaha
That's the geekiest thing I've heard all week, I LIKE IT! I've got the white boy syndrome when it comes to keeping a beat, so I'll leave that to y'all.

I would consider myself a solid player due to the fact that ive NEVER done a babality to anyone on here or anywhere else for that matter...even if they deserved it for being a dick. I only do friendships to jaxsteel8 ,rival316 and robf84 cuz i hate Jax.

ninjalord said:
i'm elite now. only challenge i have is pablo cruise's cowardly liu kang play: turtle, low tow, spam fire ball...repeat(don't get me wrong he's a good player but i don't respect liu kang tow fighters). the ping diff makes it difficult to defend. not saying i don't lose but i can stand with anyone when my ping is 47-54. imo online is more fare in terms of competition because you can't look at your opponents hands through peripheral vision. the arcade was the arcade but that's never coming back. i've also developed a new love for baraka. i haven't played the good guys on ps3 cause i don't have one but i'd imagine i can beat anyone. the top guys on kaillera aren't really that hard to me anymore.
--gamemk a.k.a ninjalord a.k.a bruce willis
wow, how many fucking win streaks have i gotten on you? what was the last one 17 or 23? you are a great player,but you send retarded messages on kaillera. your name has been on the sore loser lists for ages dude,darkmoon,mk2prince,kensidj, kanomk and myself are very familiar with you. you are a great player yes,but im not sure where the talk of you beating everyone comes from because you and i both know you haven't done JACK-SHIT against me.

ninjalord said:
dookiebrian unless you are pablo "low tow" cruise i haven't played you in almost a year. unless you are lionheart i haven't played you in a year. see the pattern? i haven't played you in years under the name dookiebrain. the last time we played was with wazz almost a year ago ( and yes i got beat up) and if i remember correctly you had an annoying affinity for standing and punching. however,things change in a year. took me a while to get used to the new mk2 scene. in 1995 i quit playing mk2 when mk3 came out and i had not played mk2 in about 12 years. now i've been playing mk2 against good playes for a year; i think i'm pretty good now. i would love to play you now on kaillera but i have never seen dookiebrain on gw. have u changed names? as for the people u've listed: darkmoon, kanomk2, kensidj, mk2prince... i have never said i own anyone but i don't believe their games are what they once were a year ago with respect to competition vs. me. incidently, i have beaten all of those players, but i've never said i own them. and like i said i find it a bit rude that you have written that i haven't done "JACK-SHIT" against you when the few times i've seen you in kaillera you refuse to fight me. usually u say something to the effect of " i'm not wasting my time on u gamemk or "gaymk" because i owned u the last time". the last time being 1+ year ago under the name dookiebrain. like i said, things change in a year. i just like a good game, im not into talking junk anymore unless provoked.

sidenote:
no disrespect to the fighters listed.
it was all because of the silly messages you used to send,other then that i wanted to play you, but each time i played you and won,you would send me messages "even though you won, you still suck" and i would reply "i seem to suck 23 times in a row then"

things like that man, you would send hatemail everytime you lost while we are in the middle of playing,so yeah,why would i waste my time playing you? your a great player,why send those messages?

regardless,welcome to CMK

Sushi

Noob
some days i would say im pretty good and others solid. maybe if im high or drunk i might be able to reach that elite, LOL. hell, i played yungnicca bout 3 weeks ago... got my ass handed to me. was like 3-20. we ended up quitting cuz he had to do something.

off topic... i dont know if its only me. i play better for some reason if im playing someone who's solid, elite or better. i get all hyped up, and with a good warm up, man... it pretty enjoying. that's when i play my best. or then other days if u play someone less challenging.. its goes vice versa.

Kensidj

10 ft Tall Roadblock
ninjalord said:
dookiebrian unless you are pablo "low tow" cruise i haven't played you in almost a year. unless you are lionheart i haven't played you in a year. see the pattern? i haven't played you in years under the name dookiebrain. the last time we played was with wazz almost a year ago ( and yes i got beat up) and if i remember correctly you had an annoying affinity for standing and punching. however,things change in a year. took me a while to get used to the new mk2 scene. in 1995 i quit playing mk2 when mk3 came out and i had not played mk2 in about 12 years. now i've been playing mk2 against good playes for a year; i think i'm pretty good now. i would love to play you now on kaillera but i have never seen dookiebrain on gw. have u changed names? as for the people u've listed: darkmoon, kanomk2, kensidj, mk2prince... i have never said i own anyone but i don't believe their games are what they once were a year ago with respect to competition vs. me. incidently, i have beaten all of those players, but i've never said i own them. and like i said i find it a bit rude that you have written that i haven't done "JACK-SHIT" against you when the few times i've seen you in kaillera you refuse to fight me. usually u say something to the effect of " i'm not wasting my time on u gamemk or "gaymk" because i owned u the last time". the last time being 1+ year ago under the name dookiebrain. like i said, things change in a year. i just like a good game, im not into talking junk anymore unless provoked.

sidenote:
no disrespect to the fighters listed.
bro, seriously??? what was it i got last time we played?? like 18-19 in a row?? yeah you get a win in here and there but so does everybody. your game has improved from the past but is still nowhere near someone i would call "elite". i used to think you were an alright dude until you started to feel the need to babality or friendship after getting your ass handed to you 15 in a row. that's just lame.

granted you stick around for your beatings. i'll give you that.

no disrespect man but get real!

D

david_GEM

yo wtf is happening? does anyone agree with what i wrote?

Ninjalord, i'm sure if u played someone like kaz or ariadelano you would be a bit more humbled. consider guys who do play on the ps3. I'm sure some of us are just as good as you are.

if u feel offended by anything i just wrote- i apologize in advance.

BTT- it has come to my attention that someone elite may be untouchable with a certain character.
or in a case like bucktown- pretty good but elite with mileena IMO.

Kensidj

10 ft Tall Roadblock
ninjalord said:
kensi, i lost a lot of respect for you (i'm sure that means nothing to you of course but there you have it). as i said before i hate it when people don't factor ping into the equation. if you will recall, when my ping was in the 40's we fought for a while without either player gaining any significant ground, the streak you are referring to was due to ping fluctuation(specifically 47 ping to about ohh...140!) u can go on GW and see that i posted asking about ping fluctuation. it has been happening for about a month or two at the same time each day. it sucks that u don't realize that. i came back and told u i needed to reset to try to lower ping and it was still 90+ so if you want to feel good about yourself go right ahead but know that u were facing me with a handicap as the time passed. furthermore, i am a cool dude. babality and friendship don't bother me. i honestly don't care what u say anymore, if we play fine, if not fine. i don't play with a stick up my ass. i like to have fun. some guys act like they own the mk franchise. i like the challenge but you can be condescending and aloof at times kensi--not very friendly. sometimes you come off as sort of a prick, but you are really good.
i'm a prick to those who invite it. respect me or not, i could really care less. my life goes on regardless.

ok so you're referring to the last time we played you had high ping. what about the hundreds of other times we've played in the past and i 10,15,20!!! streaked you?? you think i play worse with low ping??? cmon man, seriously??

you come on here talking big game like none of the high level kaillera players challenge you anymore, you're asking to get set straight. you're the one tooting the horn...not us.

Hard to say for me...I think i'm all over, all I know is I get a lot of people tell me that "those were the best games I have played in a while" maybe they are being nice...honestly GGS is all I care about.

@kensi-I think you feel the same way i do when someone tries to humiliate you with babs/fs, it doesnt happen much, but when it does, its usually because they are getting streaked!!!