What's new

Didn't they say this was a roster decided by fans?

They are actually people wanting another Armageddon. Maybe not on this particular site, but I've come across such on other ones. It's usually people that don't seem to understand how fighting games work and often try to compare things to Smash Ultimate.
Maybe, but I'm definitely not one of them. I understand having 60+ characters would take some sacrifices, as the game itself has proven. However, I don't see 5 to 10 more characters sacrificing much of anything.

Sub-Zero and Raiden never missed a game.

Scorpion was out of MK3 but got included in UMK3, so...
Technically not true. Raiden wasn't in MK3 or UMK3. He was, however, in Trilogy, which is pretty much final update for MK3. Every mainline game has had a Sub-Zero, but not the same one. The Sub-Zero from MK1 became Noob Saibot, whose younger brother would become the new Sub-Zero.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
So everyone is fair game — kind of wild to think about
Technically not true. Raiden wasn't in MK3 or UMK3. He was, however, in Trilogy, which is pretty much final update for MK3. Every mainline game has had a Sub-Zero, but not the same one. The Sub-Zero from MK1 became Noob Saibot, whose younger brother would become the new Sub-Zero.
Thank you and thank you @Pizza !

It’s like i never thought they’d separate Kitana and Mileena but apparently it’s occurred!

I think we can all agree that no matter what NRS does, someone’s Gonna be unhappy

My mains Mileena(rip?) and Ermac didn’t make it in base roster at least.

Will have to playthrough story and towers to decide characters that suits my play style to choose.

Considering Scorpion,Sonya and Noob first.

Also the word (roster decided by fans) still true if you consider Kabal,Noob,Jade,Skarlet,Shang Tsung and probably Rain as dlc.

Last edited:

Lun

proud TERF!
Well, the characters I like the most are in (except Kenshi and Bo'Rai Cho, but that's understandable). So for me this may even be the best MK roster to date?

Again, no one is asking for another roster like Armageddon's. Just for some more characters. Armageddon has over 60 characters, which is not what we were asking for. Just over 30.
If it's not Mileena it's Fujin, if it's not Fujin it's Reiko. There's always some character people people are crying for. Eventually there will be petitions for Mokap and Meat.

By the way, YOU may not be asking for 60+ characters. Wasn't talking about you or any single person, it's called a generalization.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
If they didn’t do custom variations how many characters do you guys think we could have instead? I am guessing 4-6?

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
A roster ever being decided by fans. We know wbs game. They hold most of the fan favorites hostage so they can sell them back to us as dlc
You make a really great point. Most of those fan favorites like Skarlet, Kabal, Baraka, Jade, etc. being DLC to rip us off. They really got us.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
A roster ever being decided by fans. We know wbs game. They hold most of the fan favorites hostage so they can sell them back to us as dlc
They have never done this though lol

What 'fan favorites' have been DLC in these games? If anything, the MK DLC characters in these games have been obscure pulls, apart from Triborg who was pure fanservice.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill

What 'fan favorites' have been DLC in these games? If anything, the MK DLC characters in these games have been obscure pulls, apart from Triborg who was pure fanservice.
Red Hood.

Starfire.

Who if I recall were the top two in the Injustice 1 DLC polls made BY NRS. And you know, the fan favorite DLC in that game not making base roster after at all.

Shang Tsung in this game.

trufenix

bye felicia
Red Hood.

Starfire.

Who if I recall were the top two in the Injustice 1 DLC polls made BY NRS. And you know, the fan favorite DLC in that game not making base roster after at all.

Shang Tsung in this game.
Who are they allowed to include as dlc? I'm willing to bet none of them are in mk9

You don't have to shill this hard for the roster. Well you just named one. There was rain. The mkx story mode was a shit situation. I'm mostly referring to what they're about to do with mk11 most likely. Suddenly some favorites are missing in action

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Not having one or two characters=/=betrayal of fans. The idea that because a minority of fans want a character makes that character not getting in makes it "not a roster made for the fans" is honestly absurd. You can never, and I mean NEVER, make every single fan happy. The idea that a fan of one character shouldnt have their character because Mileena fans just happen to be loud and annoying about the non inclusion of their character is freaking absurd. I'd be saying the same thing for Mileena if she was in, you cant have everyone. Since Kenshi isnt in should we be up in arms about that? Reptile like you said isnt in, let's get mad about that too. Hell Ermac isnt in, let's make a whole thread on that too! The idea that not including a popular character is in any capacity not for the fans when we got a good amount of fan requests in the roster RIGHT NOW. Might shock you but people like Kabal, Baraka, Noob, Skarlet and Jade. People where pining REALLY hard for them back, same goes for Shang Tsung.

TLDR; not everyone can be made happy and acting like one or two characters inclusions is some form of anti-fan action is frankly absurd.

If it's not Mileena it's Fujin, if it's not Fujin it's Reiko. There's always some character people people are crying for. Eventually there will be petitions for Mokap and Meat.

By the way, YOU may not be asking for 60+ characters. Wasn't talking about you or any single person, it's called a generalization.
I'm talking about heavily requested characters though. I highly doubt Mokap and Meat would be heavily requested, unless they did another Armageddon-like game and decided not to include them, kind of like how Armageddon itself originally wasn't going to include Motaro, Chameleon and Khameleon, but were later put in, due to high demand.

Those of you complaining that the roster size is too small for "current year" are fucking clueless.
The usual insult when disagreeing, I see? All I was doing was expressing my opinions on the roster size. How about we just agree to disagree, and leave it at that?

I'm talking about heavily requested characters though. I highly doubt Mokap and Meat would be heavily requested, unless they did another Armageddon-like game and decided not to include them, kind of like how Armageddon itself originally wasn't going to include Motaro, Chameleon and Khameleon, but were later put in, due to high demand.
Yes but highly requested according to a poll doesn't necessarily mean highly requested, you know what I mean? But my point was no matter what the roster size is or who's in it, there will always be tear threads and rage tweets saying "but what about ::insert character::????"

Kaneki

UPR Kaneki
You can’t have the same cast of fan favorites for every game, it would get stale. The cast would also have to make sense for story and there are a lot of characters to choose from . They did their best by giving us Noob, Jade, Skarlet, etc.