What's new

Did anyone else get into the Dark Souls 2 Beta?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I know ElephantBones and I did.

I can't figure out if I'm guaranteed to play this weekend or if there were more than 5000 sent out and I have to log on super fast when the servers come on.

One way or another I HAVE A CHANCE AND THAT'S AWESOME.

LEGEND

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I got it. Other friends are saying they didn't get the message, so I'd imagine they could go by game time/multiplayer sessions? I'm sure they keep some sort of log on their end.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I got it. Other friends are saying they didn't get the message, so I'd imagine they could go by game time/multiplayer sessions? I'm sure they keep some sort of log on their end.
Nice, we should all collaborate if there's something really hard.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Nice, we should all collaborate if there's something really hard.

-rolls not invincible/reduced invincibility frames
-parries harder to do
-ripostes/back stabs can be interrupted and don't do as much damage(supposedly)
-dual wielding is very viable as off hand weapon attacks are too fast to parry
-all the other new stuff like weapon deflections and environmental destruction

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Don't wish to be spoiled in the slightest, good things come to those who wait.

Also playing the fuck out of GTA. :p

With that being said, Praise the Sun!

LEGEND

YES!

I can't figure out if I'm guaranteed to play this weekend or if there were more than 5000 sent out and I have to log on super fast when the servers come on.

LEGEND
you should bring your PS3 to krayzie's this weekend or something

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
It looks like rolls have different startup and recovery per class.

The souls series have been such a fighting game for a long ass time, I got a grasp of fighting games by playing Demon's souls in 09

LEGEND

YES!
It looks like rolls have different startup and recovery per class.

The souls series have been such a fighting game for a long ass time, I got a grasp of fighting games by playing Demon's souls in 09
i want offline DKS2 tournaments to be a thing so bad

i can dream

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I've already played 4 hours of the beta, and I'm super excited to play again this weekend.

All my friends are also in this time, and are setting up to party the day of the beta. I absolutely cannot wait.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
i want offline DKS2 tournaments to be a thing so bad

i can dream
ive been thinking about this for a long time but i want to introduce the DKS community to fighing game terms and matchups, as in some weapons that just need buffs to survive while some are good whiff punishers with decent damage like uchis

Neariak

LF New Main PST

LEGEND

Chef you're one of my favorite players to watch and your commentary cracked me up on KTP,

but right now I hate you dearly.

Signed,

One Dark Souls Fanatic.

Law Hero

ive been thinking about this for a long time but i want to introduce the DKS community to fighing game terms and matchups, as in some weapons that just need buffs to survive while some are good whiff punishers with decent damage like uchis
All my fighting game friends play Dark Souls and we use FG terms all the time when we fight.

And you gotta whiff punish with the Chaos Blade, man. The Uchi is lame.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
All my fighting game friends play Dark Souls and we use FG terms all the time when we fight.

And you gotta whiff punish with the Chaos Blade, man. The Uchi is lame.
ever since vektor invader taught me the uchi ive been loving it

Law Hero

ever since vektor invader taught me the uchi ive been loving it
Chaos Blade is probably my favorite Dark Souls weapon.

I always have rules when using Katanas though. Not allowed to wear western armor, must two-hand it, and no shields allowed. Otherwise it just looks weird to me. Also, why don't you use the Iaito instead? It has that awesome R2 attack.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Chaos Blade is probably my favorite Dark Souls weapon.

I always have rules when using Katanas though. Not allowed to wear western armor, must two-hand it, and no shields allowed. Otherwise it just looks weird to me. Also, why don't you use the Iaito instead? It has that awesome R2 attack.
im an old school dser :p

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
my favorite weapon is the lightning spear of ornstein, my favorite poking tool in the entire game