What's new

Guide - Demolition Demolition Sonya Combo list with gifs + Negative Edge video guide

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
I use this as my 2 grenade into negstive edge reload: B14 xx DF1, 1, DF1B, (Hold 1) 4 xx DD(Release 1), 12 2134= 28% iirc. If you have better than mine which you probably do then sure, a two grenade one would be awesome.

jmt

Noob
Every time I try to do the 3rd grenade in the ne corner reload combos I get a bomb grenade or b1 because of NE.

Extremely frustrating.

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
Ok thanks.

But after the first grenade off any starter you have to go into a njp before the second grenade right?
No, you don't need NJP in any of the starters. You do more dmg with NJP if you only use 3 grenades, but if u want to use 6 then it's better without NJP.

No, it is not worth it in different situations IMO. Mid screen the damage is worse than normal BNBs, and 2 grenade BNB corner combo I posted is more damaging than negative edge using 2 grenades. If people want I could post the 2 grenade negative edge grenade combo too.
Could you post the two grenade one ? I like ending in 2134 with 3 grenades stocked, and right now I can't see how to do that, starting with a 2 grenade combo

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Glad you got it @jmt . Personally, I only use close grenades for the corner reload combo. Use whatever works for you though. Like @Ayase Chihaya said above, I like to do 3 grenades>reload, followed by 213>stun grenade (let grenade drop to the ground). Then you'll have an armor-breaking 50/50 oki setup.

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
Glad you got it @jmt . Personally, I only use close grenades for the corner reload combo. Use whatever works for you though. Like @Ayase Chihaya said above, I like to do 3 grenades>reload, followed by 213>stun grenade (let grenade drop to the ground). Then you'll have an armor-breaking 50/50 oki setup.
213 grenade drop is not safe and there are ways out of it by techroll. 12, 2134 is what I use because it's guaranteed.

jmt

Noob
Congratulations man! Now you also see why it is completely useless.

You did Jip/DK into 6 grenades combo for 42% with 0 grenades afterwads.

You could just do 3 grenades for 35% (no jip/dk) + strongest OKI in the game that breaks any armor/puts opponent in 50-50/bait/pressure.
Yep, first thing I said to myself was what you said. There is no reason to spend the other grenades. Definitely better to go for another 50/50 or drop a bomb for a setup. Now I need to work on that part. Ty.

Parasurama

Dragon
@Ayase Chihaya Hi there, I am looking at Sonya now- Demolitions and special forces seem the coolest to me. Please tell me if I use negative edge, would it would affect my gameplay in general because special moves coming out when I do not want to.... do you avoid this somehow? and do you play other characters - do you still use negative edge? Also..... in general when do you go for stun and when do you go for the frag grenades? Thank you.

How can you guys do df1+hold 1, 4, without pressing other buttons? I mean I use my thumb on the ds4 controller and when I try to hold the 1 then try to press 4 I literally press all 4 buttons.

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
How can you guys do df1+hold 1, 4, without pressing other buttons? I mean I use my thumb on the ds4 controller and when I try to hold the 1 then try to press 4 I literally press all 4 buttons.
I would recommend the gym with a healthy diet... I don't know I am not even close to the other buttons lol, maybe how you hold the controller is strange? Try tilting the pad a bit :D

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
@Ayase Chihaya Hi there, I am looking at Sonya now- Demolitions and special forces seem the coolest to me. Please tell me if I use negative edge, would it would affect my gameplay in general because special moves coming out when I do not want to.... do you avoid this somehow? and do you play other characters - do you still use negative edge? Also..... in general when do you go for stun and when do you go for the frag grenades? Thank you.
In demolition you don't experience that many issues since the combos are linear and there are not many specials you can accidentally even remotely get, but I can't really use many other characters in the game using NE because it messes up everything so I've to switch it off (even Covert ops for example). Special forces is fine with NE though.

You never go for frag grenade, it scales bad = does less damage and is harder to combo.

I would recommend the gym with a healthy diet... I don't know I am not even close to the other buttons lol, maybe how you hold the controller is strange? Try tilting the pad a bit :D
Lol, I'd say my hands are small, I find it really hard to hold the 1 with my thumb and then press 4 without pressing the other buttons, wait, isn't that impossible? Unless you use more than one finger to press the buttons then I don't know how you do it. Do you use more than one finger? I use my thumb to press the buttons so maybe that's the issue??

In demolition you don't experience that many issues since the combos are linear and there are not many specials you can accidentally even remotely get, but I can't really use many other characters in the game using NE because it messes up everything so I've to switch it off (even Covert ops for example). Special forces is fine with NE though.

You never go for frag grenade, it scales bad = does less damage and is harder to combo.
So in her combos frags are not used all that much?

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
Lol, I'd say my hands are small, I find it really hard to hold the 1 with my thumb and then press 4 without pressing the other buttons, wait, isn't that impossible? Unless you use more than one finger to press the buttons then I don't know how you do it. Do you use more than one finger? I use my thumb to press the buttons so maybe that's the issue??

So in her combos frags are not used all that much?
I only use my thumb but not the flat surface, use the side of your thumb of it when you go for the 4 so that it fits inbetween, does that helps? That's what I meant by try tilting the pad. Literally find any way possible to fit ur thumb in between haha!

Frag grenades are not used at all, I sometimes use EXfrag grenades for plus frames but rarely.. Perhaps you can find us some cool tech? :) No but in all seriousness it's useless and Paulo needs to buff it.

I only use my thumb but not the flat surface, use the side of your thumb of it when you go for the 4 so that it fits inbetween, does that helps? That's what I meant by try tilting the pad. Literally find any way possible to fit ur thumb in between haha!

Frag grenades are not used at all, I sometimes use EXfrag grenades for plus frames but rarely.. Perhaps you can find us some cool tech? :) No but in all seriousness it's useless and Paulo needs to buff it.
Ok I guess its just practice with the thumb on the buttons, thanks. And about the frag grenades are you saying they're useless in combos or in her general game play? Also thanks for replying.

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
Ok I guess its just practice with the thumb on the buttons, thanks. And about the frag grenades are you saying they're useless in combos or in her general game play? Also thanks for replying.
There is no use for them whatsoever, completely useless in comparison to just using stun. You can't even use it for safe reloads or anything like that.

jmt

Noob
You should only use negative edge for demo. It messes me up bad if I play covert ops or even when I play leatherface. You will get inputs you do not want.

As far as holding down 1 and then pressing 4, I use stick so it's very easy.

You should only use negative edge for demo. It messes me up bad if I play covert ops or even when I play leatherface. You will get inputs you do not want.

As far as holding down 1 and then pressing 4, I use stick so it's very easy.
Yea stick wouldn't be an issue, but when you use a PS4 controller and your thumb has to hold down a button and press another one at the same time and the buttons are just millimeters away from each other, then it becomes a challenge.
Ps- Damn I'm excited for Guile.

Reactions: jmt

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
There is no use for them whatsoever, completely useless in comparison to just using stun. You can't even use it for safe reloads or anything like that.
This isnt entirely accurate. While you dont want to use frags for max damage, you can use them for unique NE setups. Also, midscreen frags allows you access to new combos not possible with stun grenades....and some other things ;)