What's new

Guide - Demolition Demolition Sonya Combo list with gifs + Negative Edge video guide

Mykal NS

Demolition Sonya Main / Downplayer
So, the super armor break setup jails EVERYONE if they don't have xray. No one can escape this. It's really good for pressure. If you get a combo you can reload. If not we can continue pressure and end a save 50/50 b332.

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
Whoaaaaa that's awesome. I want to point out also that the hits that break armor go UNSCALED for 11%. I guess they can delay getting up though. How's this work with roll on?
Can't roll a hard knockdown (grenade stun). If they delay wakeup you go for a 50/50, because all normal armors are broken only by the grenades themselves so u dont need to commit any attack and just wait

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
At the 5 second mark (against Tremor), when you do 121 to break armor with the previous drone grenade and stun grenade...

Instead of 121-leg grab, can you do 112 ex-DD4 for a guaranteed armor-breaking 50/50 setup?

Btw, who created this tech? Ayase or Mykal or was this a collaboration?

Last edited:

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
At the 5 second mark (against Tremor), when you do 121 to break armor with the previous drone grenade and stun grenade...

Instead of 121-leg grab, can you do 112 ex-DD4 for a guaranteed armor-breaking 50/50 setup?

Thee armor break idea itself is from mraquary

edit; i also think labbing xrays is kind of pointless aside from style points since i dont think it will ever happen in a match that they wakeup xray, let alone just that one knockdown u decide to go for the setup xd

It may sound silly but : When doing the 3+ grenades combo with Sonya, does the Negative Edge HAS to be turned on ? Or can it be done with the Negative Edge turned off ?
I'm having trouble playing with Negative Edge set on "on", I have turned it off a few weeks after the release.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Thee armor break idea itself is from mraquary

edit; i also think labbing xrays is kind of pointless aside from style points since i dont think it will ever happen in a match that they wakeup xray, let alone just that one knockdown u decide to go for the setup xd
I'm gonna do some labbing with this. I have some ideas to throw around.

Mykal NS

This setup is mainly to show that there is no escape from this. Either guaranteed chip, or mixup. Armor breaking galore. And if they block its hella chip and plus by almost 2 in Game seconds lol. The idea I got from Ayase who got it from mr Aquary , the X Ray breaking was my idea to look through the cast and see who was screwed. But the tech isn't mine. Only the scenarios. @Ayase Chihaya , this was never really meant to be displayed as an X-ray only idea. It's really good and inescapable. I have more to show! Stay tuned.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
@Ayase Chihaya I love these combos man! I finally did the negative edge combo:
B14 xx DF11, NJP, DF1, DF1B, (Hold 1) 4 xx DD(release 1), 12 xx DF11, 4 xx DF11, 4 xx DF11, 4 xx BF4 = 40%
All thanks to you! Thanks for explaining negative edge combos in so much depth.

Last edited:

Mykal NS

I can also finally do:
B332 xx DF11, DF1, 4 xx DF1B, (Hold 1) 4 xx DD(Release 1) 4 xx DF11, 4 DF11, 4 DF11, 4 xx BF4 = 48% in the corner.
This character has become alot more fun with these combos.
Can also end in 2134 after the reload for a setup.
Now you can start working on the armor break into reload combos. Demo is amazing and super fun. Being top tier is a bonus IMO lol

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
Im having trouble hitting 2 f2's in the combos. Is there any trick to it ?

Also, are these all optimal ?
After the first F2, you may replace the 2nd F2 with 121 or 213 depending on what you find the easiest. My advice on hitting 2 F2 is to not spam it but time it correctly (think of it as connecting kung lao 2 frame link).

As far as BNBs go, these are optimal to my knowledge. In some rare instances u can do more damage but by sacrificing consistency, an example of that is the 2nd 121 reverse position combo I posted with the standing 4 in the combo. It's more dmg than the bnb 121 combo I posted, but way less consistent. B14 and B33 are optimals midscreen afaik.

After the first F2, you may replace the 2nd F2 with 121 or 213 depending on what you find the easiest. My advice on hitting 2 F2 is to not spam it but time it correctly (think of it as connecting kung lao 2 frame link).

As far as BNBs go, these are optimal to my knowledge. In some rare instances u can do more damage but by sacrificing consistency, an example of that is the 2nd 121 reverse position combo I posted with the standing 4 in the combo. It's more dmg than the bnb 121 combo I posted, but way less consistent. B14 and B33 are optimals midscreen afaik.
Alright thank you. One more quick question, would you happen to know why when i watch Demo players on youtube (Scar, Alcatraz) they end their combos with f44 into reload, instead of 2134?

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
Alright thank you. One more quick question, would you happen to know why when i watch Demo players on youtube (Scar, Alcatraz) they end their combos with f44 into reload, instead of 2134?
The combos they use don't have gravity that allows 2134, so they have to use F4 which does less damage. If you take a look at the 3 grenade "never drop bnb" it also ends in F4.

That + that I've never seen either of them use optimal combos, so they may just suck :DOGE

Last edited:
The combos they use don't have gravity that allows 2134, so they have to use F4 which does less damage. If you take a look at the 3 grenade "never drop bnb" it also ends in F4.

That + that I've never seen either of them use optimal combos, so they may just suck :DOGE
Ah okay, interesting. Anyway, from what i can tell from the combos you posted, is negative edge only used when you get a combo in the corner, while you have 3 grenades ready? Do you use it in any other situation ?

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
Ah okay, interesting. Anyway, from what i can tell from the combos you posted, is negative edge only used when you get a combo in the corner, while you have 3 grenades ready? Do you use it in any other situation ?
No, it is not worth it in different situations IMO. Mid screen the damage is worse than normal BNBs, and 2 grenade BNB corner combo I posted is more damaging than negative edge using 2 grenades. If people want I could post the 2 grenade negative edge grenade combo too.