What's new

Guide Defending against Doomsday's Offense Discussion + tips by REO and Tom Brady

tom can't you watch their meter while he's in the air? and if he uses MB supernova you can b3 MB punish it all day, if he doesn't use MB then your good, isn't there a window for MB' ing supernova like most other moves?

No, the meter does not come off until the point of contact.

Anxiously awaiting the next anti-bible for the other low tier, confirmed-nerf-getting characters while Aquaman, Superman, and Batman continue to win tournaments.
slow down there sir... none of these characters are OP including the ones you listed. Right now every character is OP, which means that no one is OP.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Tom Brady Venom [MB] isn't +6 on block. His s.1 (i10) can't even trade with i6 attacks.

Testing with Flash's Flying Uppercut (i6), DD's d+1 after Venom [MB] hits him airborne, meaning Flash had 3~4 frames to move.

I hope I'm wrong but I keep getting the same results.

Tom Brady Venom [MB] isn't +6 on block. His s.1 (i10) can't even trade with i6 attacks.

Testing with Flash's Flying Uppercut (i6), DD's d+1 after Venom [MB] hits him airborne, meaning Flash had 3~4 frames to move.

I hope I'm wrong but I keep getting the same results.
Ok, I was going by the frame data lol..

anyway, the bottom line is that you cannot interrupt his D1.

learis1

Guardian Cadet
lol, there should be an online option to disable this character. Maybe you can reliably punish -9 stuff and avoid supernova offline, and properly block his earthquake and all his other mixups, but online he might as well be god mode. Any tactics to deal with him that are particularly effective online?

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!
This is character specific, haven't had the entire roster flushed out but I have seen this work with both batman and black adam.
Against doomsday's cr 1 xx earthshaker, these two characters can simply back dash and avoid both hits.

Invincible backdashes may not have been a feature in MK9, perhaps that's a reason as to why this hasn't been brought up, but nonetheless it's here and it works and all of you non-doomsday mainers ought to hop right into training mode and see if this is an answer for your character!

If not- look at the bright side: since it's 2 hits, a short backdash would at least dodge the first hit and thus would result in only getting chipped by the 2nd hit which does only 2% and nets a knockdown that doesn't give Doomsday formidable, offensive pressure.

yes- this a midscreen counter only.