What's new

Defend the North 2017 Top 8 Sunday at 7 ET

Shaka

Tier Whore.
The problem isn't offensive or defensive. The problem is how annoying the play style is. Deadshot is repetitive. So is Aquaman. And worse is that Aquaman's moves are relatively low-skill. His trait is simply a one-button combo breaker, and d1~TR is so easy and so safe and so much reward on hit or block. I love Aquaman as a character and really resent how shit they made him in this game. There's no reason for trident rush to exist as it does.
that's your opinion. there's dif styles for everyone, that wasn't my question though. if you think mashing attacks and landing unreactable 50/50s requires more skill than perfect aas, whiff punishing strings, baiting wake up etc than that's your just opinion.

You're aiming at the wrong targets. I'm very much a defensive player. In SF I've played Guile and Ryu for years. In MK usually Sub-Zero. In this game so far I've mained Darkseid and Green Arrow. I WANT to main Aquaman, but the sheer scrubbiness of trident rush has turned me off to playing the character. He's just too scrub-friendly to be likeable--which frankly sucks.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
You're aiming at the wrong targets. I'm very much a defensive player. In SF I've played Guile and Ryu for years. In MK usually Sub-Zero. In this game so far I've mained Darkseid and Green Arrow. I WANT to main Aquaman, but the sheer scrubbiness of trident rush has turned me off to playing the character. He's just too scrub-friendly to be likeable--which frankly sucks.
So you never used Ryus C.mk into fireball?

Damn!! I get the BA counter pick against Sonics RH, but I bet Gross is kicking himself for picking AM for the first 2 matches against King. Good stuff!!

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
lul 99% of this game's grand finals is like one big fart being ripped out slowly

diversity is just one of the issues

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Batman, Red Hood, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Scarecrow, Superman, Robin, Deadshot, Atrocitus. Jesus how many characters do you want in the top 8?
oh sorry my man i keep falling asleep during these things my bad lul

if you ask me how the past tournies went its pretty much a blur besides the notable scarecrow win

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
DAMN Whiteboi was hype in this top 8 with his Scarecrow, really loved his set with Theo, that one was damn good, really wanted him to win the whole thing.

Congratulations to the Fox, @SonicFox5000 for taking the whole thing with Red Hood.

Very good top 8 :)

HanSolo

Noob
Wait where were all the Catwomans? Why didn't the pros come get that easy top tier money before she gets nerfed?