What's new

Defend the North 2014 Top 8 Discussion

I am going to take losses at the start of this journey.
But I'm not going to continue exclusively using a character with so many bad matchups because you guys THINK he's still top.

I'll main as many characters as necessary to get the job done.
superman is fine, he really doesn't lose to many. He is still very tournament viable and he has the tools necessary to fight the whole cast. Just like black adam, got hit with some nerfs and some matchups worse for him, but he is still very viable and strong.

KDZ

It's amore, BABY.
superman is fine, he really doesn't lose to many. He is still very tournament viable and he has the tools necessary to fight the whole cast. Just like black adam, got hit with some nerfs and some matchups worse for him, but he is still very viable and strong.
Yes, tell me more about how my character plays.

Being "fine" isn't doing whatever it takes to win.

Yes, tell me more about how my character plays.
my character? so now you own the character and are the only one who "knows how he plays"? get over yourself lmao. I was just saying that he is still viable, dnt come at me with responses like that. If you just want to whine about him, then that is fine, others will put in work with him and find ways around his nerfs. I'm going to leave it at that because you are making no sense to be really honest. The mega downplaying is real haha.

what do you mean by this?
There's a difference between sticking with a character because you want to and being able to get wins and doing everything in your power to ensure as many wins as possible. KDZ's plan is clearly the latter and you can't fault him for that.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Argh man that sucks. But so far:

Winners

EMP REO (MMH) over EMP DarthArma (Batman) 2-0
RG Rico Suave over EMP KDZ (Wonder WOman, Superman) 2-0

Losers

Emperor Grr (Bane) over Rev0lver (Lex Luthor) 2-1
EMP DragonGod (Black Adam) over PTH Mr. Aquaman (Ares) 2-0
It was 2-1 Damnit!

KDZ

It's amore, BABY.
MJTDJT always looking for a fight. You never change, grow up kid.

Yes, tell me more how @EMPEROR_THEO is as successful a superman as I am.

There's a difference between sticking with a character because you want to and being able to get wins and doing everything in your power to ensure as many wins as possible. KDZ's plan is clearly the latter and you can't fault him for that.
fault him? I can because he is acting like others don't know superman lol. Want me to be blunt? he really isn't that technical as well all know and his nerfs don't make his gameplay super different. The biggest difference is his pressure I'd say, but he can still pressure ppl and he still has an 8 frame advancing normal. I'm not going to go into everything else he can "still" do because that'd be pointless. I was actually getting mad how he said "yes, tell me more about "my (like he owns the character) character".

MJTDJT always looking for a fight. You never change, grow up kid.

Yes, tell me more how @EMPEROR_THEO is as successful a superman as I am.
always looking for fights? lmao sure you can shut up with all that, I do not play that. I dnt need to grow up, just turned 18 and I know what I'm doing with myself. As mature as I need to be and you can ask anyone on TYM who actually has talked to me and knows me. You can judge me how you want, you just can't handle what I'm saying which is fine because I'm going to keep saying what I want to say. You the one saying irrelevant things such as "yes, tell me more about my character". You aren't the only top superman lol, I've played theo countless times and other good supermans, I know superman.

fault him? I can because he is acting like others don't know superman lol. Want me to be blunt? he really isn't that technical as well all know and his nerfs don't make his gameplay super different. The biggest difference is his pressure I'd say, but he can still pressure ppl and he still has an 8 frame advancing normal. I'm not going to go into everything else he can "still" do because that'd be pointless. I was actually getting mad how he said "yes, tell me more about "my (like he owns the character) character".
I don't care what personal animosity preexisted between you two. Telling someone they shouldn't be doing whatever they think gives them the best chance at winning is stupid and scrubby. Even by your own account, if Superman is just "fine," that's not at all the same thing as doing everything you possibly can to maximize your chance at winning tournaments. If that means dropping/alting Superman because he's not the best anymore and doesn't maximize your chances to win, that's entirely consistent with what someone who's playing to win should be doing.

always looking for fights? lmao sure you can shut up with all that, I do not play that. I dnt need to grow up, just turned 18 and I know what I'm doing with myself. As mature as I need to be and you can ask anyone on TYM who actually has talked to me and knows me. You can judge me how you want, you just can't handle what I'm saying which is fine because I'm going to keep saying what I want to say.
I didn't mean to get in the middle of a dispute, but here's some unsolicited advice from someone who deals in credibility: nothing in this paragraph is consistent with maturity. If you continue this trend, you're going to lose.

There's nothing wrong with backing out of a losing argument to occupy more defensible ground later. Please consider doing so.

You the one saying irrelevant things such as "yes, tell me more about my character". You aren't the only top superman lol, I've played theo countless times and other good supermans, I know superman.
The fact that he played superman at a high level IS relevant. Discarding another valuable data point is unwise. Just because Theo is sticking with him doesn't mean KDZ is wrong. Either could be wrong.

Last edited:

KDZ

It's amore, BABY.
always looking for fights? lmao sure you can shut up with all that, I do not play that. I dnt need to grow up, just turned 18 and I know what I'm doing with myself. As mature as I need to be and you can ask anyone on TYM who actually has talked to me and knows me. You can judge me how you want, you just can't handle what I'm saying which is fine because I'm going to keep saying what I want to say. You the one saying irrelevant things such as "yes, tell me more about my character". You aren't the only top superman lol, I've played theo countless times and other good supermans, I know superman.
k