What's new

Match Footage - Kano Debrief yourself

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
The way I see it, is you need to work on your offence. Lots of unsafe attacks and you seem to win fights because of the countering, at least that's what I'm seeing and I'm not a pro :). If I'm correct you can finish combo's quite easily with a grab. At least that's what I learned from the best Commando guide
http://testyourmight.com/threads/the-absolute-beginners-guide-to-commando-kano.55270/
I can be unsafe sometimes. I feel like im improving now staying aggressive, when I need to be. With Commando I tend to play defensively, while with Cyber I poke and throw knives all day.

My favorite combo with Cyber is his b2, 3, 2+4 since i can stay a safe distance and Kano reach is long. Plus, it keeps me safe in block. His grab ender is safe also on block. That is why i play him, Kano has safe moves and a great projectile and recovery.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
keep the cybernetic vids coming.
so clueless when it comes to him, I can't open people up w/o overheads:mad:
Say hello to your new best friend: the throw. Also take advantage of "tick" setups/mixups like B1, throw/B13~combo or B31, throw/B31(2/DB1)~combo. Those are your mixups in this variation.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I'll throw my name in the hat

My matches start at 19:20 and goes on till the end.
Ok well there's three things glaring at me from this:
1. You need to hit confirm! You landed the mixup into ex buff then did B31~DB1 and ended your combo when you could have went into F212 into a full conversion. You also just did F212 on block instead of confirming F21 which is safe, but you can get away with it against Cage because the only thing he has at 8 frames or faster is his D1.
2. You were ending your combos with up ball which is...weird. It even almost cost you a match because you ended with up ball and it didn't kill instead of ending with straight ball and killing them. Up ball is only good for a quickstand gimmick and it's not even that good so stick to ending with straight ball as much as possible.
3. Not as important but using ex buff actually isn't optimal meter use any more, you may as well just confirm into DB1EX since it does more damage and you don't lose health for using it.