What's new

General/Other Deathstroke's history of Sexualization in the DC Universe

Dandy J

i can see all the amine
From Wikipedia:
Slade has a long history as an enemy of the Teen Titans, beginning when his other son, Grant, became an early Titans foe called the Ravager, who was physically enhanced to fulfill a contract to kill or capture the Teen Titans. However, those enhancements proved fatal and Slade agreed to complete the contract. His first mission involved stealing the fictional element Promethium from S.T.A.R. Labs and selling it as the ultimate weapon. He then kidnapped the Titans and placed them in the path of a Promethium bomb to test his device for the buyers, effectively killing two birds with one stone. The Titans escaped and pursued Deathstroke, but he severely wounded Garfield Logan, then known as Changeling, in his escape. This would be the start to a lasting animosity between the two.

Deathstroke next appeared in New York, holding officials hostage in order to lure the Titans into confronting him. Terra, a new ally of the Titans, and Changeling were the only ones available to answer the call. Terra knocked Logan out in an effort to prove herself worthy of being a Titan and fought Deathstroke single-handedly. Slade escaped as the other Titans arrived, but by then Terra had proven herself and the team offered her membership. Later that night, it was revealed that both Terra and Deathstroke conspired to fake the fight in a plot to infiltrate the team. It was also revealed that both shared an intimate relationship, despite Terra being fifteen years old.[1] The artist, George Pérez, noted that this constituted "statutory rape."[6]
Does anyone else think this is kind of appalling? The character is being glorified as a 'badass anti-hero' type, and subsequently glorifying sex with minors. A lot of people criticize games such as Arcana Heart for perpetuating the glorification of the sexualization of minors, but this is even worse in my opinion. In the case of anime titles, these aspects are only suggestive and partly in the eye (or the mind) of the beholder, but here they are completely canon in the DC universe. What you you think?

NRS is not promoting statutory rape. As long as this piece of Deathstroke history is not clearly hinted at, it's all fine, don't you think?

I'm sure Slade's life as a mercenary-for-hire and his highly-questionable relationship do not go hand-in-hand.

Gimmick

Noob
Does Batman promote the youth to go out at night and be vigilantes?
Does Harley promote young woman to dress provocative in public?
Does Joker beating Harley promote domestic abuse against woman?
Does Aquaman having fish fight for him promote animal endangerment?

No. It's fiction bro. Get over it.

This thread is dumb

Johnny Kahl

Ready to eat lead?
"NRS is promoting statutory rape by including Deathstroke in IGAU"

That statement is a total exaggeration of the topic at hand. By that means, I guess they are promoting Murder and Corruption also?
NRS isn't promoting anything by having a character in a game. Joker has murdered million of people throughout his comic career. Should any of the villains be in this game? Because they promote evil?

I think you're taking it a little too serious and personal. No offence :rolleyes:

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
wow you fuckheads will be offended by anything. damn do you wake up in the morning thinking "RISE AND SHINE! A WHOLE WORLD OF POSSIBILITY AWAITS! LETS GO OUT AND SEE HOW OFFENDED I CAN GET TODAY!"

its part of his GOD DAMN CHARACTER. are we gonna see limitations on what can and cant be part of a FICTIONAL CONCEPT? lets make all characters lawful good, thats so interesting.

im really really really tired of people deliberately going out of their way to be offended by things. dont be so god damn righteous. is this news going to ruin your day? you dont like that part of the character? big deal! MOVE ON! dont ruin shit for everyone else.

Solo

Shadow Priest
So, what you're saying is, comics are not allowed to portray anything bad or wrong?

Does Doomsday killing millions promote genocide?
Does a magic spiderbite encourage kids to get bit by spiders?

I don't understand why you want to live in a world where comics only regurgitate things that make you feel good.
Actually, it does. Some fictional character are actually role models to kids or adults(maybe.. idk). Some people will copy what they see a fictional character do. Knowing the difference between right and wrong, reality and fiction is the answer.

Actually, it does. Some fictional character are actually role models to kids or adults(maybe.. idk). Some people will copy what they see a fictional character do. Knowing the difference between right and wrong, reality and fiction is the answer.
Well, Deathstroke is a clear villain, and its not like they are portraying what he did as good so, what's the problem?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Nobody sees Doomsday or Deathstroke as a role model, dafuq