What's new

Tech Deathstroke's 1.5-Bar 72% Ghetto Corner Reset

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Deathstroke has access to a ghetto corner reset that can do as much as 72% damage to his opponent. Deathstroke will rarely be cornering his opponent, but luckily this works perfectly well from a cross-up j3, which allows Deathstroke to more than turn the tides on his opponent once they do back him into a corner. Here is the reset in action:

The basic part of the combo can be done off of any f23-MB Sword Spin, including 323-f23. In the video, I do j3-f23-MB.Sword Spin-323-f23-MB.Sword Spin. This alone does 42% damage for about a third of a bar of meter. If the opponent isn't actively blocking high, they will get tagged by the overhead hit of the MB.Sword Spin and get relaunched. As long as you delay the followup 323, so as not to cross under your opponent and end up in the corner, you can get off another cycle of 323-f23-Sword Spin for an extra 30% damage. The total damage amounts to 72% with a net meter cost of around 1.5 bars.

The final Sword Spin leaves Deathstroke almost neutral with his opponent (possibly -4, though it's hard to tell). This means Deathstroke could pretty easily follow up the combo with another f23 (7-frame start-up) into another loop of the reset as long as he's got the meter. f23 is also great because if the opponent blocks it, they're stuck in the corner against a Deathstroke with +9 advantage.

Do be careful about using the corner reset against opponents who can block it, because the MB Sword Spin is definitely unsafe. The good news is that it's hard to tell where the actual break in the combo is, so a lot of players should have trouble punishing it, even on block.

UPDATE: Ending with Sword Spin is a bad idea it turns out. The opponent is left at a significant advantage, possibly due to how quickly they drop out of the combo by that point. However, I've found that you can end the final string with f23-Sword Flip for a hard knockdown, huge advantage, and only a 1% loss in damage. Thus the complete combo would be j3-f23-MB.SP-323-f23-MB.SP-323-f23-Sword Flip for a total of 71% damage, a hard knockdown, and a ton of advantage to set up your follow-up.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
UPDATE: Ending with Sword Spin is a bad idea it turns out. The opponent is left at a significant advantage, possibly due to how quickly they drop out of the combo by that point. However, I've found that you can end the final string with f23-Sword Flip for a hard knockdown, huge advantage, and only a 1% loss in damage.

Thus the complete combo would be j3-f23-MB.SP-323-f23-MB.SP-323-f23-Sword Flip for a total of 71% damage, a hard knockdown, and a ton of advantage to set up your follow-up.

OriginalRazer

Kombat Konnoisseur
UPDATE: Ending with Sword Spin is a bad idea it turns out. The opponent is left at a significant advantage, possibly due to how quickly they drop out of the combo by that point. However, I've found that you can end the final string with f23-Sword Flip for a hard knockdown, huge advantage, and only a 1% loss in damage.

Thus the complete combo would be j3-f23-MB.SP-323-f23-MB.SP-323-f23-Sword Flip for a total of 71% damage, a hard knockdown, and a ton of advantage to set up your follow-up.
Noted.... again :D lol

Thank you.

All the best,
OBS

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Also, if you don't feel like doing the reset, you can just do j3-f23-MB.SP-323-f23-Sword Flip for 42% and a ton of advantage (enough advantage to backdash and f3...)

OriginalRazer

Kombat Konnoisseur
Also, if you don't feel like doing the reset, you can just do j3-f23-MB.SP-323-f23-Sword Flip for 42% and a ton of advantage (enough advantage to backdash and f3...)
More presents? Why thank you :D

Appreciate the help as I don't get much practice/play time.

All the best,
OBS

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
This is a good gimmick. But it's just a gimmick. I wouldn't know who in their right mind wouldn't be blocking while being combo'd. I haven't played in a while, but depending on how good the Alternate MB on the Sword Spin is, it could set-up a good 50/50.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
This is a good gimmick. But it's just a gimmick. I wouldn't know who in their right mind wouldn't be blocking while being combo'd. I haven't played in a while, but depending on how good the Alternate MB on the Sword Spin is, it could set-up a good 50/50.
If you click on the link I put, it addressed this.

The alternate MB (the low option) on Sword Spin wont reset since the second spin of Sword Spin is the one that resets, so it either combos in or misses completely. Pretty worthless :/

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
If you click on the link I put, it addressed this.

The alternate MB (the low option) on Sword Spin wont reset since the second spin of Sword Spin is the one that resets, so it either combos in or misses completely. Pretty worthless :/
I know, but depending on if it's a hard knockdown with ridiculous advantage it could set them to respect it then start doing the overhead.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
But I mean, blocking low wouldnt help in either situation. If you block low and DS uses the low MB sword spin, you'll still get hit by it since it combos it. The opponent basically has no reason to not block standing.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
But I mean, blocking low wouldnt help in either situation. If you block low and DS uses the low MB sword spin, you'll still get hit by it since it combos it. The opponent basically has no reason to not block standing.
That why I said it'd be a good 50/50 situation if the Alt MB had good enough properties.

Let's say the Alt MB was +32 hard knockdown. The opponent now has to deal with DS's scary ass corner oki game as an alternative to being re-launched to get into the same situation again.

AKA a vortex.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
But why waste a bar doing a hard knockdown when Sword Flip satisfies all your hard knockdown needs for free?

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
A lot of people hold down-back as their default reaction to being combo'd. I honestly think it's worth it. If you've already got your opponent in the corner, you won't be using guns because they're unsafe, so you might as well spend the meter on a potential 71% damage.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
A lot of people hold down-back as their default reaction to being combo'd. I honestly think it's worth it. If you've already got your opponent in the corner, you won't be using guns because they're unsafe, so you might as well spend the meter on a potential 71% damage.
Yeah, like I said in the thread, it could be useful for the while that opponents dont know about this. However, if this gets known, people will always block high against DS in the corner, and MB Sword Spin is punishable.

And it's okay that you restated my thread. Idc much really lol.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
But why waste a bar doing a hard knockdown when Sword Flip satisfies all your hard knockdown needs for free?
To set-up a double 50/50. But like I said before, this ALL depends on how good the Alt MB is. What if it was safe on block , caused hard knockdown , and had ridiculous advantage on hit?

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
To set-up a double 50/50. But like I said before, this ALL depends on how good the Alt MB is. What if it was safe on block , caused hard knockdown , and had ridiculous advantage on hit?
From my testing, yes it causes a hard knockdown, it's not safe on block, and the hit advantage is very small. Sword Flip has a longer hard knockdown.

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
as weird as it is, J3, 12 xx Sword Spin (MB), 323, 12 xx Sword Spin = 43%
Only 1% higher than with the f23 but I find it easier to do anyway

Edit: Also note J3, 32 xx Sword Spin (MB) etc = 44%
Currently messing around with damage variables ending with sword flip

Double Edit: So far it seems like the most consistent damage, ease of use, and end setup is J3, 12 xx Sword Spin (MB), 323, 12 xx Sword Flip = 42% with advantage from sword flip's hard knockdown