What's new

Strategy Deathstroke - Stages Breakdown

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
yes but as deathstroke you can discourage them from throwing it because you can react to their jump and shoot them out of it. if they throw it to you after a hard knockdown you can always spin or flip since they have like 600 invuln frames as wakeups and you wont get clipped. you dont really have much to discourage them from using the water in atlantis outside of MB f3/b3 and if you're out of range for that, its a dick.

It's pretty hard to be out of range for a punish on the fishtank. Power characters stand there for FOREVER. You just have to eat 1 hit with your MB F3, then you have time for 2 dashes and a 132 combo. Also, the turret OTGs when thrown, so it beats wakeups (it'll hit you before you can even wake up).

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
It's pretty hard to be out of range for a punish on the fishtank. Power characters stand there for FOREVER. You just have to eat 1 hit with your MB F3, then you have time for 2 dashes and a 132 combo. Also, the turret OTGs when thrown, so it beats wakeups (it'll hit you before you can even wake up).

hmmm i usually do that to get out of a lot of interactable nonsense and it works. shooting them out of the turrent, while it does less damage, puts you at really good positioning and if you time it right keeps the turret there. if they threw it, whatever, they got punished for it and you did what you could. really the only characters that can deal with it are characters with horizontal air projectiles from what i can tell.

ryublaze

Noob

Escapable but I thought it was kewl. You have enough time after u land to react to whatever ur opponent does then sword flip into the freezer. Also I'm pretty sure this is known but after u freeze them to avoid them pushblocking just whiff your standing 1.

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
Unsure if this has been discussed anywhere, but my absolute favorite stage with DS is Lagoon. The elevator corner is so powerful for ds. if you have the lightning active while all the way in the corner b23f2 will land them perfectly in the lightning allowing a rifle follow up for 35% or you can super off of it for 52%. on top of that as a gadget character you can escape that corner with the dynamite and it has virtually no cool down and cant be removed by power characters. in its simplest form interactable close jump sword flip cross up 2 repeat is already an annoying enough tool and im certain it can be optimized further.
for spacing from the other side for the lightning, if youre just passed the cockpit of the batboat thing then b23f2 will land them in the lightning from that side as well. for distances beyond that combos utilizing the full 3231~air guns string will knock them even further for the extra distance to the lightning and the lightning is always more than enough time to super off of it at any range as long as you time it properly (from the corner as soon as the lightning pops them OUT of the lightning thats when i activate super, timing is different for different set ups like 3231 however)

and then the barrels in the other corner are also fantastic for ds, you can hit guns off of them, mb them for tons of armor and free full screen push back to zone some more, and since they have no limit the resource is there the whole match, just gotta break the boxes to get to them.