What's new

Question Deathstroke spammers

DanCock

Cock Master!!
if you are using super man you dont need to get upclose. just out zone him with air/ground heat wave. also i have been using the df 3 low attack as a safer way to get in on him.

Exar0s

Cassie Cage <3
if you are using super man you dont need to get upclose. just out zone him with air/ground heat wave. also i have been using the df 3 low attack as a safer way to get in on him.
Superman can not out zone a good Deathstroke. His instant air pistols are faster than Superman's air heat wave and his low pistols ducks under Superman's ground heat wave. I'm not saying you can't out zone a Deathstroke player, just you can't out zone a Deathstroke player of equal skill level. Thankfully Superman can close a gap incredibly fast with air dashes and his DF3 low attack. Once you get in on Deathstroke he is no match for Superman.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Superman can not out zone a good Deathstroke. His instant air pistols are faster than Superman's air heat wave and his low pistols ducks under Superman's ground heat wave. I'm not saying you can't out zone a Deathstroke player, just you can't out zone a Deathstroke player of equal skill level. Thankfully Superman can close a gap incredibly fast with air dashes and his DF3 low attack. Once you get in on Deathstroke he is no match for Superman.
I'm not going to get into what can and can't be done. And theory fighting. I'm just saying that staying full screen and out smarting a death stroke can be done with superman. There's no need to get up close, you can see all of his guns coming out and respond accordingly.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Solo

Shadow Priest
Actually.. imo it becomes a guessing game. If you guess he's going to do an AA or iag, a straight forward heat beam will catch him. If he's going to zone you from the ground, the air heat beam will get him.

Exar0s

Cassie Cage <3
Actually.. imo it becomes a guessing game. If you guess he's going to do an AA or iag, a straight forward heat beam will catch him. If he's going to zone you from the ground, the air heat beam will get him.
Which is why I said "you can't out zone a Deathstroke player of equal skill level". Again, his instant air pistols are much faster than Superman's air heat beam and his low pistols are faster than Superman's ground heat beam, plus they duck under Superman's attack. Yes, you can out zone Deathstroke as Superman, it's just Deathstroke is the better zoner, as he should be.

assault gun is mega negative on block gives you free dash forward some times a dash in combo
duck to block hand guns or jump em
just keep moving in
spin jump thing block high and punish with combos

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
I use Grundy.... I win lol.... WCC all day. I laugh at Deathstroke zoning

Cyborg.... now that's a different story *sigh*

S1L3nt

Noob
Dam he's enjoying alright. The guy who's number 1 on leader board uses him. Just spams his guns the whole time. I try blocking and dashing in but as soon as u almost get in they spam their sword flip move. I haven't figured out how to beat a good death stroke but u definitely can't find out zone him

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Dam he's enjoying alright. The guy who's number 1 on leader board uses him. Just spams his guns the whole time. I try blocking and dashing in but as soon as u almost get in they spam their sword flip move. I haven't figured out how to beat a good death stroke but u definitely can't find out zone him
Not sure if you played MK9 but... Noob Saibot's Clones sound familiar?

Shadow Run , Shadow Slide , "Spam" Shadow Upknee. And unlike DS he had a super fast teleport and he had unblockable portals.

Where was he in the tier list? Near shit tier almost.

S1L3nt

Noob
Yeah I've played mk9 but never online. I beat a death stroke just before on the time limit running out lol. I just tried to play real smart the whole time. Ducking the whole time and timing my air lasers. And blocking his trait machine gun.As iI haven't quite figured out the best way to get in on him. And his wakeup flipping sword move gets me most times. I seem to loose all technique when I play against him cause I'm to focused just trying g to get to him. Then when I do my combos go out the Windows lol

Rip

Noob
This thread is pretty funny. Very few ppl here have GOOD deathstroke experience apparently. If the deathstroke you're playing against sucks, then yes, superman can hang in the zoning game and doesnt have to get close. Otherwise, no, Superman zoning cannot hang against him - at all.

Because deathstrokes air guns are so much faster, he can literally wait to see you jump, and once you do, he gets you with air guns free. You cant air dash etc, cuz it all just goes the same direction ala right into the bullets. So jumping is out. And if you don't jump then you're giving up outzoning his low guns. Which turns into a guessing game that is in Deathstrokes favor, not Supermans.

Your best shot is to get closer, but once you get closer, its no picnic either. If you can bait out his qcf 3, then punish with f+23 and youre good. If he runs up to you and does b+2 or b+1 mixup though, then its 50/50 trouble for you, and if he hits you with anything, you're far away and you have to deal with getting in again.

Best advice I've seen here is to use df+3 to get in. Don't jump, limit them to only using high and low guns. Using df+3 will force them to use more low guns. Then you can hopefully get in. Once you get close enough though, don't get over eager to get in. Let them do the qcf+3 or if they want to dash at you, be ready with f+23.

S1L3nt

Noob
Yup it took me a while to figure out but his sword spin is punishable with f23. I like to act like I'm not going to jump them jump air laser. I'm if he shoots high that's a free dash in. 90percent of the time when u get in close they will sword spin. This is what u want. Block and punish with f23 full combo. Death stroke is easy. Smarts always beats the spammer

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
Deathstrokes do not like to be mind fucked so if you think he will do any type of ground gun, jump heat vision. Spam him with a ground laser on wake up to block check him. Do not try to out zone but you have to make DS start guessing which of the 4 zoning tools he should use. Now, DS will jump to counter you and your in. After each gun spam you get a free dash then its 50/50 with him. Instant air guns make it alot tougher if the DS is good. Ground gun=air dash, air gun=dash, F23. Sword flip=block, combo. Like someone post above, good DS will start to counter you by going in with his 50/50 normals and it gets tough there but learn his strings and block low first. If you eat a few air guns those do not do a lot of damage so be patient and mess his emotions/mind.

S1L3nt

Noob
Iv found that if you have him cornered and knocked down. If u spam 223 it Usally connects before his sword flip wakeup. But if u wanna be safe block on knockdown because that sword flip is coming. Block and punish. He also might start jumping at u and try to do a crossover hen sword flip. Iv found the best defence against a cross over against any character is to back dash so they land just in front of you. Then if u time it right f23 just before they hit the ground to punish. If they click onto that they will likely crouch as soon as they hit the ground and block it if your to slow for the f23. So instead u back dash their crossover dash in then 223 into full combo

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Gonna have to agree w/Rip entirely, seems really hard to get in on a Deathstroke (that knows what he's doing). Possibly Superman's toughest match IMO (not opening up a matchup debate just my opinion)