What's new

Deaths In-depth Mileena Match-Up Chart

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Your list is very accurate from my experience. Cage, Kung Lao and Sonya in particular are the anti-Mileena characters - I can zone Cage and run away. Kung Lao is a pure nightmare, I hate this match up a lot because he counters EVERY attack she does except her Air Sais, where he can Teleport 3 stuff her face on ground. With Sonya, let's say D4 karma is a B**** - she has the same exact long D4 poke and have tremendous pressure - Mileena can't poke without the risk of eating a Dive Kick. Air control? Mileena can't ever jump at Sonya given her standing 1, Air Grab, Dive Kick, Arc Kick, Kiss... such a risky match also Mileena has no armored move and Sonya has 2 of them. After playing pig of the hut and some Kenshi player on PS3, that match up for Mileena is very, very difficult so I agree with your experience too.

The one that puzzles me most is Ermac, I just feel like the other posters here and from my experience that it's like 4-6 Ermac has the advantage. I haven't run into Ermac players on PS3 yet but the ones on XBL Ermac players I can't ever seem to win that MU is MKF30, Krebs and Unyk3z (won only once by luck). It's like soon as Ermac does a combo from his Lift or jump in punches, there goes 40% damage and Mileena's petty little damage needs to make up for it. He punishes Mileena harder than she can punish him based on damage output. An Ermac player that turtles the entire match is so annoying, it feels like I'm playing against Kung Lao who is waiting to Spin me into a combo. I don't know if you've played those 3 Ermac players on XBL with Mileena, I just hate that match up so much. I would rather fight Kung Lao than him >.< it's like mission impossible to me!

Death

Noob
RTM check out my youtube page where i blew MKF30 up.

I think Mileena is 5-5 or wins that MU. Its all about footsies and Mileena has more tools than ermac. I think too many Mileena players telekick ermac and get punished but you can win that MU and teleport when its smart to do so. The stagger on Mileenas telekick is so good. Use it to your advantage. You get free pressure off of it.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I believe it's 5-5 with Ermac as well, or maybe it's because I know the MU so well.

You literally can't jump or telekick in the MU.

Ermacs like to tele push just to check you if you're moving, when you block that, it's your chance to move in and get something going.

When you're in his face keep pressuring and bait out his moves.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I feel that ermac/mileena is a 5/5 or very close to it. The only big difference is that if Mileena gets a life lead its very hard for Ermac to come back where it's not as bad for Mileena because she win's in the poke game. Both zone games almost come to a stand still, except Ermac can not on reaction punish Mileena for throwing a projectile. Mileena can telekick on reaction to Ermac. I'd give it a 5.5 in Mileena's favor, but since we're not using .5's it's closer to even imo.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
No other Ermac is like Krayzie's who I played a few times at EGP. He is ridiculous. The match could be 5-5 depending on the skill of the player and their knowledge of the MU but its mostly 4-6 cause Ermac could outzone Mileena. She can't jump in, telekick, ias without risk of being lifted or pushed by proper timing of the Ermac. She can throw sais but once Ermac dashes into his push range then it becomes more difficult and when your in the corner it becomes ridiculous to try to get out. The only thing she can do is try to dash block in as much as she can and poke to try to get some type of offense started. I beat every Ermac I face except for Krayzie but I would still call this a 4-6 in Ermac's favor

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I played Krayzie at NEC for an hour or so and he didn't take a game off me, not to say that his Ermac isn't good.

I also play Mileena, and i agree with most of the chart. I would only move Sonya to 4.5-5.5, because i don't think it's that bad for Mileena, Sonya only has a slight advantage. I think that after the nerfs Kung Lao is a 5-5. I mean, she can keep him out and punish his tele, and the spin is punishable by full combo on block... She can bait it with random D3s and D4s. I have some experience in the LK matchup, and it could be a 5-5, she only has a slight advantage, it's not that hard to bait a telekick and he can punish her hard.

Her really BAD matchup it's Kenshi IMO.It's the only one that requires her to work a lot harder than her opponent. 7-3, or 6.5-3.5.

Sasuga

Noob
Agree 99%. Scorpion is a 5-5 imho, because of as you say, his vortex game. He can bait stuff and get his vortex going from any punish situation. Both players have to be carefull. Can't jump at or from Scorp but you have to keep moving. I feel everything Mil does can lead to Scorp vortex if reacted to accordingly. I know you don't think so, but I do.

Death

Noob
Updated. Change the KL MU.

@ Sasuga, i see your point but I feel like Mileena has so much more tools than Scorpion. Mileena can be very smart and zone scorpion and bait a tele. Also Mileena has much better footsies. Scorpion is a much riskier version of Mileena. I feel like this MU could be really bad but Scorpions Vortex comes back factor really makes the MU winnable. I still think its 6-4 Mileena. She controls every part of the MU imo. Scorpion just has that really good vortex but other than that Mileena has all the tools to dominate scorpion.

@ Gabriel- The sonya MU is very bad. Mileenas zoning isnt good enough to keep Sonya out. Also Sonya can ex carthweel or dive kick any of Mileenas pokes. Mileenas bnb is her zoning D+4 tool. Sonya completely takes it away. Mileena having slow normals and lack of armor really hurts her rushdown defense. This MU is easily 6-4 sonya. Mileena can do well by doing a lot of Ground Sais. IAS isnt pretty pointless vs Sonya. Sonya can get in and use D+4~cartwheel AA to get sonya in a juggle. Also her ex cartwheel blows Mileena up mid screen. If you ever get sonya in a combo uppercut her at the end to put her full screen. NEVER end combos in neckbite vs Sonya.

London Lust

Lagleena Player
Why is it that whenever I telekick+air sai against a standing and blocking Reptile both the kick and sai hit him? It happens to no one else lol.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I just have one question regarding Ermac. How does she out zone him exactly? I don't know a lot... it is why i'm asking.
I tend to just react to her jumping backward.... since i'm fairly confident that TKP grabs anything she can do in the air. Am I mistaken in believing this?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Why is it that whenever I telekick+air sai against a standing and blocking Reptile both the kick and sai hit him? It happens to no one else lol.
Reptile has a unique standing hitbox. The Reptile player must block all telekicks crouching, so aerial sais whiff. He can usually follow up with 3,2,1 xx acid hand, and Mileena has to block.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Kitana: 6-4
I really like this MU for Mileena. Mileena can zone Kit all day while Kit cannot. Kit cant do IAF without the fear of eating a full combo by Mileenas tele. Mileena can control the zoning game with ground sais/instant air sais and the use of a SMART D+4 to keep kitana away. The Kit player will look to bait the D+4 to punish with F+21 so keep an eye out. Anytime you see a kit do IAF just tele kick them and get your combo and turtle her. She cant do anything when she doesn’t have the life lead. This is a good MU. Mileena can play her game in this MU while Kitana cant.
Has this MU changed in your opinion since WB? A grounded Kitana turtle player gives me the most problems with Mileena. That F2,1 and Jump Kick~Fan is the most annoying counters Mileena's small hitbox, Kitana's damage output is high so it's hard for Mileena to catch up >.<

All I do is zone her out with Sais and Air Sais tricking her to jump so Mileena can capitalize on it. Then D4 towards her follow up with 4,2~Grab, Teleport, Sai, D3 etc or 1,1,Grab.

Death

Noob
Has this MU changed in your opinion since WB? A grounded Kitana turtle player gives me the most problems with Mileena. That F2,1 and Jump Kick~Fan is the most annoying counters Mileena's small hitbox, Kitana's damage output is high so it's hard for Mileena to catch up >.<

All I do is zone her out with Sais and Air Sais tricking her to jump so Mileena can capitalize on it. Then D4 towards her follow up with 4,2~Grab, Teleport, Sai, D3 etc or 1,1,Grab.
Um it made me unsure. I do think it could be in Mileenas favor. CD just played that MU differently then what im used too. The only Kitanas i fought was some good players over on PSN and XBL and they didnt rush me down like CD did. In their defense it is online but to me Mileena kills Kitana if Kitana tries to turtle and throw fans and isnt agressive. Mileena kills those kitanas. But a rushdown CD Kit is intresting. I never fought a rushdown Kit before. THe only kitanas i ever fight are ones who throw fans or try and turtle Mileena. And if they tried and rush me down i still beat them. Maybe CD is just on another level. Id need to play more casuals with him to get a good Number for that MU.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Yeah because I saw CD's Kitana match against pig of the hut's Mileena and RM Sonic Fox's Mileena. It was like Mileena was no problem to him, that Kitana pressure looked like being trapped by Cage and getting hit by her Cutter was something. Mileena has no armor, if they decide to give her armor put it on her Ex Bite XD

DeathTouch

Iceman
GGS at WB 6 and your list is pretty cool because I agree almost every matchup except 8-2 vs Sheeva. 8-2 means that this game is broken in my opinion and D,4 Fireball for sheeva is great plus she has armor on her special moves so 7-3 maybe Death ?

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Mileena Vs Sub isn't 5-5 at all. I wish it was, but It just isn't. At least 6-4 in Mileena's favor.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
The more and more I play against subs, I believe it is 6-4 for Mileena. If she's staying full screen she can just walk and sai, wait for you to do something stupid.

That's literally the only way to play the MU.

This chart has changed a bit anyways, Death and I have been working on it :)

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
that not true mileena can zone sub all she want a Smart subzero would not jump on her just dash d3 to get to her
If you play a good sub it's 6-4 dude, once he's in on you and you're in the corner you literally have no options

KHAOTIC_ICE

im solo left khaotic
If you play a good sub it's 6-4 dude, once he's in on you and you're in the corner you literally have no options
trust me i know my leader KHAOTIC_PRESSURE is mean in a cornor with subzero and hard to get out but i still think it 5-5 IMO

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
trust me i know my leader KHAOTIC_PRESSURE is mean in a cornor with subzero and hard to get out but i still think it 5-5 IMO
You can kind of zone him, once he gets midscreen though you can trade Iceball with IAS and then you're in a world of trouble.