What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn "Death Comes to All" - Who will main Outworld's Best Emperor?

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
In mk9 sub zero cyrax cage kung lao and lui kang are who I played.

Inj Green lantern little bit of doomie flash supes and aqua.

I would consider maining him if sub zero wasn't in the game. I like his potential damage output. Which variation has the damage boost? I think his voice is pretty godlike.

I think he will definitely be able to get in that ass and be scary when he gets in. I also want to see how that health regeneration variation does.

I just can't wait for mkx
Your flash was cool

NHDR

Noob
I want to main him, may or may not do so depending on how he plays. I really dig his look, though. I main Deathstroke in IGAU and Kenshi in MK9. I prefer lame and defensive characters, guess we'll see if Kotal fits the bill.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
The command grab is Sun God specific and can go up to level 3. Soul Scortch or whatever it's called is Sun God too. Sun Beam however is universal.

The Soul Scortch is what you may be thinking of that gives him a health boost for a bar of meter that's Sun God only. Sun Beam is the light that gives him health or damages opponents that is in all variations.
Thats the one.

Also hmm... Interesting. I don't like calling it sun scorch though. I'll call it Senzu Bean.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
NRS has killed it so far with the new characters. Unlike some of the past games (3D era, I'm looking at you), these new fighters seem to fit in perfectly. Kotal being the most appealing of them all, for me.

Ermac will most likely still be my main, but Kotal is just too fucking cool to not play. I will most likely be playing Kotal when the game drops and then pick up some old favorites like Ermac soon after.

Can't wait to see the shit people come up with with Kotal. God damn, this game can't come soon enough.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
I'll just quote this cause.. yeah pretty much exactly the same here.
I'm big on spacing, reading, mind games, set-ups, taunting, and all forms of grimy play. I'm not above doing arguably "non-optimal" combos for the sake of looking cool.

I love big, slow, high damage characters(especially grapplers). Feels good when you land those giant ass hits and your opponent's health leaves chunks at a time.

I also love offensive zoners/trappers just as much, characters who can hang back and have things popping off, and work well at mid range space control, but can also get funky up close.

Balls-out rushdown is my third favorite.
What do you like about Kotal best?
Simply put, everything. He looks/moves/talks so damn cool. He has a very strong presence.

What variation do you see yourselves using first/most?
Sun God and probably some Blood God.

How do you think he'll play?
Both Sun and Blood God probably more set up based, while I feel like War God will favor footsies and spacing, with this huge ass sword he's got.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I cannot say he'll be my "main" main but, but he'll definitely be in my circle of well learned characters used often and not in the sub pile.

Goro, Ferra/Torr, and Kotal all look too damn great to choose from(well Goror doesn't have any gameplay yet, but it's fucking Goro).

The scary thing is that we only have like half of the cast revealed so far.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
I cannot say he'll be my "main" main but, but he'll definitely be in my circle of well learned characters used often and not in the sub pile.

Goro, Ferra/Torr, and Kotal all look too damn great to choose from(well Goror doesn't have any gameplay yet, but it's fucking Goro).

The scary thing is that we only have like half of the cast revealed so far.
I can only agree with everything you said again. lol
Goro will be my #1 main but jesus, there's like, what, 12 characters revealed? So far I wanna try and play 5... I really REALLY wanna be a character loyalist this time around, but NRS are making it pretty damn hard for me. :/

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
He's a strong possibility for a main or co-main or at least an alt. Goro is the front-runner for obvious reasons of sheer badassery (#punchwalk), but I've got plenty of interest in quite a few other characters like Ferra/Torr and Commando Kano, and Kotal is at the top of that list.

What type of player are you?

Well let's skip right to my mains since that should make it pretty self-explanatory:

MK9 Main Characters:
Shang Tsung, Quan Chi, Cage
IGAU Main Characters:
Bane, Grundy, Doomsday, Lex
USF4 Main Characters:
T Hawk, Hugo, Zangief

So basically heavy-hitting, gigantic, armored, grappler/brawler, get-in-that-ass types. Also a preference for evil personalities and set-up/gimmick-based gameplay.

What do you like about Kotal best?
See above, bc Kotal Kahn looks like he's all about dat life.^

What variation do you see yourselves using first/most?
Blood God & Sun God

How do you think he'll play?
Hopefully like Grundy with Bane-worthy damage buffs and an easier time dealing with jump-back/run-away nonsense (even if by healing himself to force them to come to him, which would actually be really tight). High hopes for this badass.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
Unless I really don't feel the guy, I'll probably be maining Kotal. I've really been working on my Grundy and I'm pretty happy with him. I've no local scene and I'm too busy at work to find one in Dublin so I'll be an online warrior but if I can call myself competent with Kotal I'll be happy.

I'll mainly be using Sun God, cos cashing out a Command Grab for health made me salivate like a rabid dog.

GGA Max

I have actually thinking about kotal thru a bane players eyes...

Sun god variant has a command grab

War god seems to have the best footsies

Blood god has damage/health/defense buffs

It's like bane broken into 1/3's

Whoever I main I want them to have 3 useful variations. I'm not positive blood god will be useful. He'll have a harder time opening up an opponent, but more of a reward if he does. Maybe use this variation when the opposing character has unsafe tools.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!

Whoever I main I want them to have 3 useful variations. I'm not positive blood god will be useful. He'll have a harder time opening up an opponent, but more of a reward if he does. Maybe use this variation when the opposing character has unsafe tools.

that's interesting, I hadn't considered Kotal Bane. I'm unsure if any but a few characters will have three useful variations. I'd say two at most. Most characters seem to have a variation which is conceptually useful but won't turn out that way. Blood God, Spectral, Master of Storms.....or they'll have one that's too good and will be smote with the nerfhammer

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

Max, if you were thinking around a Bane type character, I would've thought you'd be interested in Ferra/Torr more. He seems the closest calling of Bane in MKX imo.

GGA Max

Max, if you were thinking around a Bane type character, I would've thought you'd be interested in Ferra/Torr more. He seems the closest calling of Bane in MKX imo.
Nah, I have gotten the armor rage out of my system. Just noticing some similarities. Same reason I don't feel the need to play Goro. Besides Ferra/Torr is way too cute for me.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Actually F/T is more DD than Bane.

Blood sounds like Grundy trait (when you put it like that, at least), so I would imagine its used in somewhat of the same way effects wise.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Actually F/T is more DD than Bane.

Blood sounds like Grundy trait (when you put it like that, at least), so I would imagine its used in somewhat of the same way effects wise.
Are you gonna play both characters or mainly Ferra/Torr?

I can't play Kotal because my main training partner is main'ing him Day 1, but if I could I would strongly consider him.