What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn "Death Comes to All" - Who will main Outworld's Best Emperor?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Actually his common specials are:
Grab
Sun beam
Shield toss
Parry
Chest slice

Which reminds me, a good strategy against zoning could be to use the sun beam. He can regain health while dodging projectiles.
You sure about that? Grab and sun beam seem like they would be sun god specific.
If they aren't, then what are sun god's specific abilities? Because in just about every showcase they example sun god as being the one with the beams and the grab.

KayyKnow

Young, Black and handsome
I predict the only things with armor are the EX overhead sword and maybe the EX low one.They both seem to have quite a bit of startup and recovery.
Armored low and overhead starters? O_O lets just hope its injustice style of armor which is breakable and not mk9 style

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
In mk9 sub zero cyrax cage kung lao and lui kang are who I played.

Inj Green lantern little bit of doomie flash supes and aqua.

I would consider maining him if sub zero wasn't in the game. I like his potential damage output. Which variation has the damage boost? I think his voice is pretty godlike.

I think he will definitely be able to get in that ass and be scary when he gets in. I also want to see how that health regeneration variation does.

I just can't wait for mkx

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
You sure about that? Grab and sun beam seem like they would be sun god specific.
If they aren't, then what are sun god's specific abilities? Because in just about every showcase they example sun god as being the one with the beams and the grab.
The command grab is Sun God specific and can go up to level 3. Soul Scortch or whatever it's called is Sun God too. Sun Beam however is universal.

The Soul Scortch is what you may be thinking of that gives him a health boost for a bar of meter that's Sun God only. Sun Beam is the light that gives him health or damages opponents that is in all variations.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
All variations have Blood Offering that increases damage output but Blood God also has the Crystal Totem that you can stack on top of that for what will definitely be godlike damage.
That's sick. I will definitely look into him. I like high damage characters. He will be a destroyer of life bars.

TKB

Noob
I find myself drawn to kotal kahn because of my fascination with the Aztec culture.... I can't say I will for sure main him until I see the rest of the reveals but he is the only character so far that really speaks to me. His look is super badass.

REYTHEGREAT

I like Kotal, but my only concern is that he wont have enough mix up potential. Also he seems slow, not sure if this will hurt him against faster characters. discuss.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
He seems cool, but not cool enough for my main.
The lame stuff has grown on me l0l
I will give him a try, unless they reveal the female( plss NRS) archer

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Armored low and overhead starters? O_O lets just hope its injustice style of armor which is breakable and not mk9 style
Low sweep didn't look like starter to me tbh. But maybe it just wasn't MB'd at the time (1st NRS stream). Granted, MB'd low sweep from 2nd NRS stream didn't look like a launcher to me as well.

Blood God is the totem one right? (I may have these two mixed up) I have no input on this one, as I don't know what specifically the totems do.
Damage, defence and life drain apparently (1st NRS stream).
It looks to me that they are just fancy indicators of KK buffs, at least it was never mentioned that their positioning matters.

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
Just throwing it out there before anyone says it: @Eldriken is going to be the best Kotal Kahn.. and he's going to find the most insane absurdly high damage swag combos.

And our Mileena vs. Kotal Kahn sets show downs are going to be hype :) Can't wait!

E

Eldriken

Just throwing it out there before anyone says it: @Eldriken is going to be the best Kotal Kahn.. and he's going to find the most insane absurdly high damage swag combos.

And our Mileena vs. Kotal Kahn sets show downs are going to be hype :) Can't wait!
Thanks for saying that, but I doubt that will be the case at all, lol.

GGA Max

I guess I'm not 100% sure. But when I say grab I'm talking about the ex one where he turns around and slams you for a launcher.
The sun grabs I thought were his normal throw but the animation changes to the sun stuff.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
His voice is badass and he reminds me of Ogre from Tekken 3. He looks like he hits pretty damn hard too which I really like.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
What type of player are you?
I like big damage characters, and grabs, but mainly I tend to be a guy who falls for intriguing design choices for movesets. I always fall for gimmicky folks and characters that let me figure out "how they work" when folks don't pick them often enough. Other than that, I dig rushdown.

MK9 Main Characters:
Smoke, Sonya
IGAU Main Characters:
Bane, Hawkgirl, Green Arrow, Shazam

What do you like about Kotal best?
I dig his theme and anyone who uses the Samoan sharktooth sword style weapons are cool by me. Plus he has a lot of stuff that will make me feel comfortable given I mained Bane.

What variation do you see yourselves using first/most?
Blood God

How do you think he'll play?
He's gonna hit like a truck but I see him as a dude who is going to be a slower and more defensive character. I'm hoping his recovery isn't bad, because I'm betting his combos will be short. Really looking forward to testing his OKI game on folks to see if he can suffocate folks off a knockdown like Bane could. Hoping I'll enjoy him enough to main, but in the end its all about rhythm...if I can't get into the rhythm of a character's combos and tools I'll drop him.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I´m putting the monterrey team together, incorporating our Marvel players, and we already have 3 guys wanting to main Kotal. I´m gonna get so annoyed and salty.