What's new

Death Cargo Thread - Free DLC Released

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
To be fair man. I wouldn't have been so harsh on the game if the dev team weren't such a bunch of unprofessional, childish and sarcastic ingrates.

This game will never be released. I am seriously starting to think that this game is a scam.
Exactly.

I was SUPER INTERESTED in this game initially when I read about and saw some of the beta play. The problem is that when people are asking them about it and questioning what is going on, they're closing/deleting threads and acting like it's all due to some weird Italian laws.

I'm all for supporting new fighters, especially ones like this that really gave me the same feeling the first time I saw MK1 in the arcade, but this group at Necrostorm is COMPLETELY unprofessional.

By the way, in the thread that was closed, Necrostorm promised a digital download of the game for anyone who hadn't received their copy (fucking everyone that ordered it) and that never happened, either.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
They seem to be hinging all of this coverage blackout on waiting for the Italian release the official trailer release. What does that even mean? Have they even bothered to communicate a release date?

EDIT: Oh...

Also...what the fuck is a "The Happy Eastern"? Did they mean "Easter"? Please tell me that they meant Easter.

Last edited:
This is unfortunately what happens when artists try to design a game. I tried to warn them early on but they didn't want to listen to my advices. They could've used my expertise lol.

Half way in production they probably realized Death Cargo was a complete turd and decided to turn it into a scam to cut their losses.

Let Death Cargo be an example to all of you upcoming game designers. Make sure the mechanics are solid, the game works, and is fun to play before investing any serious time on the graphics and superfluous features like fatalities.

Great prototypers are extinct. I remember the days when "alpha" actually meant an alpha build. What people call "pre-alpha" today is a bunch of horseshit. Basically if it has decent graphics it's not a true alpha. Because the levels are not even supposed to be textured or lighted properly in a true alpha. It's just supposed to work from start to finish. But companies know that graphics is what sells so they put more effort there early on instead of iterating prototypes and innovation.

Last edited:

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Exactly.

I was SUPER INTERESTED in this game initially when I read about and saw some of the beta play. The problem is that when people are asking them about it and questioning what is going on, they're closing/deleting threads and acting like it's all due to some weird Italian laws.

I'm all for supporting new fighters, especially ones like this that really gave me the same feeling the first time I saw MK1 in the arcade, but this group at Necrostorm is COMPLETELY unprofessional.

By the way, in the thread that was closed, Necrostorm promised a digital download of the game for anyone who hadn't received their copy (fucking everyone that ordered it) and that never happened, either.
I remember saying something on their Facebook page, they re-edited their reply to me about 5 times so I'd get 5 notifications because they were THAT desperate for a response.

They also said something along the lines of: "The demo will be FREE so we will be focusing our time on getting the payed game out FIRST as thats where our income comes from"

Bear in mind, this is was in response to the fans that had already put cash down on a pre-order.

Fruitcakes.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I remember saying something on their Facebook page, they re-edited their reply to me about 5 times so I'd get 5 notifications because they were THAT desperate for a response.

They also said something along the lines of: "The demo will be FREE so we will be focusing our time on getting the payed game out FIRST as thats where our income comes from"

Bear in mind, this is was in response to the fans that had already put cash down on a pre-order.

Fruitcakes.
They don't allow me to reply on the facebook page anymore.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I posted on their facebook page. This is a total scam
Remember how we argued that they should have crossovers or at least a way to switch positions in the fight?

Then they told us that it was a silly idea?

Ohp look at that, fighters can switch sides now!

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Let Death Cargo be an example to all of you upcoming game designers. Make sure the mechanics are solid, the game works, and is fun to play before investing any serious time on the graphics and superfluous features like fatalities.
This ^^ is what I say to every MUGEN creator working on an MK "remake"

haketh

Noob
I love everyone ripping this indy game apart like its supposed to somehow compare to larger titles. Get off your horses
That doesn't excuse not delivering on your prouct and being unprofessional. You don't see Chaos Code, Vanguard Princess, Melty Blood, Immaterial and MIssing Power, or Fearless ight devs trying to sue peopel for asking questions.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
They posted this on their facebook

"Only 20 people on over 3218 pre-orders, and 3846 regular purchase didn't received their package. And of course we are NOT ignoring them."

20. Wow. How they can even post this shit? And why are these fucking people on that facebook so understanding??? So let me get this straight....they're claiming roughly 7,000 people received their copy of the game, yet NO ONE has posted any footage of it or their own screenshots out of the kindness of their heart?

There's fucking 10 people in that thread alone that say they haven't gotten their copy of the game!