What's new

DC Comics cancels four new 52 titles in August

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I am not really sure about that particular title. Haven't touched any of the N52 GL series but I heard that all of them except the main one are garbage
Larfleeze is aight, but he cant' carry his own title IMO. Guarantee he has a back-up/side-story that takes up a third of the book.
The Christmas special was great, but you can only flog that horse for so long. I don't think he has the potential for a long-life series, which is what DC should be aiming for... like say oh I don't know GOTHAM CENTRAL or BLACKGATE or SECRET SIX (okay well maybe only is Suicide Squad is cancelled.)

haketh

Noob
DC really needs to start advertising their lesser known titles. So many people I know abrely even knew of books like Demon Knights and Dial H.

Reedoms

Noob
DC really needs to start advertising their lesser known titles. So many people I know abrely even knew of books like Demon Knights and Dial H.
Well clearly they don't advertise because they don't sell well. At least Dial-H managed to go for 16 issues and Demon Knights got around 20.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
It was a small miracle Demon Knights got as far as it did, for a not-so-popular launch title! But it had Etrigan, Xanadu and Vandal Savage who have some fringe popularity.

Well... I mean Dial H is really quite obscure Pre-52, and Demon Knights was entirely new. It's difficult as they would make far more money by spending their advertising informing everyone that there is a new Bat-Book or some such.

haketh

Noob
Well clearly they don't advertise because they don't sell well. At least Dial-H managed to go for 16 issues and Demon Knights got around 20.
That's my point, alot of these titles don't sell well because people either don't know they exist or just don't have enough information on them. Doing some promoting can help these titles out.

Reedoms

Noob
That's my point, alot of these titles don't sell well because people either don't know they exist or just don't have enough information on them. Doing some promoting can help these titles out.
That was my attempt at a joke. Anything that doesn't sell over 40k a month isn't on their radar for advertisement because it doesn't sell. The circular logic is pretty bad.

haketh

Noob
Yeah it sucks, I gave a friend of mine the first eight issues of Demon Knights to check out, he had no idea what the series was about and no idea who was in it or that it was around until like the 4th issue, he loved it and so has everyone else I've let read the issues. One thing IDW does well is cross promote their titles through ads *Thankfully at the end of the comic* and always promoting everything online.

fury714

50 Shades of Grayson
Batman, Batman and Robin, Batman Inc, Batman The Dark Knight, Detective Comics. But we need more, like Batman vs joker, Batman Team-Up, Batvengers, The Brooding Batman, The New Batman Adventures, The Batsiders, The Bat Titans and Alfred (Mini-series).

LOL.

But yeah regarding the topic, they give more emphasis really on the Bat-Family more than ever now. Supes has 4 books, GL has 4 (5 if you count Larfleeze/Threshold), Bats has like what, 11? 12? They gotta cut at least 2 of em and go with Mid-carder characters and give them killer writers to boost sales. E.g. Green Arrow

I've been expecting demon knights to get cancelled for a while now, it really wasn't shifting many copies and that's all that matter at the end of the day. I'm just glad to made it so far.

S'long as animal man, swamp thing, and wonder woman don't get cancelled I'm good(also batman, but c'mon that shit ain't never getting cancelled). Can't wait to see what they replace these books with, hopefully it isn't more batman.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
Batman, Batman and Robin, Batman Inc, Batman The Dark Knight, Detective Comics. But we need more, like Batman vs joker, Batman Team-Up, Batvengers, The Brooding Batman, The New Batman Adventures, The Batsiders, The Bat Titans and Alfred (Mini-series).

LOL.

But yeah regarding the topic, they give more emphasis really on the Bat-Family more than ever now. Supes has 4 books, GL has 4 (5 if you count Larfleeze/Threshold), Bats has like what, 11? 12? They gotta cut at least 2 of em and go with Mid-carder characters and give them killer writers to boost sales. E.g. Green Arrow
Wally west needs a damn book lol, and atleast GA is getting a book and has been getting better recently, but what about booster gold or the blue beetle, im sure they could have good stories before they inevitably get cancelled

fury714

50 Shades of Grayson
Blue beetle was interesting for a bit and I agree that Booster needs to get his own book, he just needs a good writer really.

Blue beetle was interesting for a bit and I agree that Booster needs to get his own book, he just needs a good writer really.

I'm certain if his tv show gets picked up DC will give him his own book. He technically had JLI but that shit got cancelled early.

Reedoms

Noob
They gotta cut at least 2 of em and go with Mid-carder characters and give them killer writers to boost sales. E.g. Green Arrow
The problem with this is that when they do get good writers, the sales tend to plummet for reasons unbeknownst to me, most likely no advertising at all. The other problem is when you take a character and throw on a shit writer like Gail Simone and they totally kill ANY interest anyone will have of that character. I'm still mad about Firestorm.

Reedoms

Noob
lol, even batman couldn't save that book. Shit musta been real bad. I guess the roster didn't help, booster gold, red rocket, fire, ice, vixen and batman.
The book was canceled for reasons unrelated to sales as it was just below normal Justice League.

fury714

50 Shades of Grayson
The problem with this is that when they do get good writers, the sales tend to plummet for reasons unbeknownst to me, most likely no advertising at all. The other problem is when you take a character and throw on a shit writer like Gail Simone and they totally kill ANY interest anyone will have of that character. I'm still mad about Firestorm.
Im still mad about the Liefield cancer. Damn disease killed deathstroke and grifter.