What's new

Day 1 of MK1 for Arcade. Walk me through it.

dreemernj

Ambassador
I'm on the MK1 Kaillera Ladder now. I believe the last time I played MK1 against someone it was on Genesis and the game was still pretty new.

So, what advice do the veterans have for someone on Day 1 of playing MK Arcade?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
You can counter a blocked sweep (not sonya) with lots of things...shadow kick, spear, slide...

That's all I got lol...haven't played in ages either.

hmmm let's see,you can punish a lot of hits in mk1(jk,sweeps,special moves,uppercuts) in the punishment video i made almost all punishments for rev3,most of them work on rev5 too

Mariso

Noob
I'm on the MK1 Kaillera Ladder now. I believe the last time I played MK1 against someone it was on Genesis and the game was still pretty new.

So, what advice do the veterans have for someone on Day 1 of playing MK Arcade?
Main thing is close combat, so start playing from that. Get into jabbing and cancels with block from close distance where u can make lots of punishers if oponent try makes any move! Get used too stand up lk-really usefull too punish blocked moves close and of course play rev 5. since its final version, has fast recoveries, fast movement in air (repaired gravity) and it can produce hell of a good close combat games. And really important thing - be carefull when u sweep in mk1, its VERY punishable if they block it! (unlike in other mk games).

Mariso

Noob
Sonya's leg grab rapes!
I dont mind is people use sonja if they dont abuse her infinite leg grab. She is cool caracter for close combat! She has the fastest recoveries in the game and her duck/block position prevents her from being hit by jabs. Also if you do kara jabs with her and the oponent is duck/block, it has same effect, jabs go right pass him wich can be pretty anoying for sonja "jab player"!