What's new

General/Other - Kobu Jutsu Damage scaling after tonfa throw is madness

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
She needs it.

:DOGE

But seriously...there are a ton of characters who don't gain more than a couple percent damage on a combo for using an EX version of the move. This is not a mistake on the devs part, it's designed that way. I think over the coming weeks/months we will see that Tanya is doing juuuust fine for herself.

Yeah, I get that ... but once again, you can't use it for pressure because it's neutral on block. She doesn't get great damage off of that one bar, she uses an additional bar to get her damage. So two bars for 35-40% seems legit? I don't expect high damage, I just don't expect it to scale to a point of redundancy.
Then just save the extra bar for your next combo opportunity.
The scaling is a lot, but I don't think it's a big deal.
She depends on meter.
It sucks but I think she will be fine due to the insane amount of tools she has.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Yeah, I get that ... but once again, you can't use it for pressure because it's neutral on block. She doesn't get great damage off of that one bar, she uses an additional bar to get her damage. So two bars for 35-40% seems legit? I don't expect high damage, I just don't expect it to scale to a point of redundancy.
Welcome to MKX. Bars in this game are not always for damage. They are more often used to make things safe. Doing something unsafe into this will make it safe no? Could it potentially catch them not blocking giving you a full combo? Could it grant you a mixup?

If it did more damage we would have a problem because she can already use Tonfa throw to do 27 to 30 something combos that leaves the opponent standing for a mixup. If the scaling wasn't there she would be doing 35 -40% grounded combos.

kappie.wp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Welcome to MKX. Bars in this game are not always for damage. They are more often used to make things safe. Doing something unsafe into this will make it safe no? Could it potentially catch them not blocking giving you a full combo? Could it grant you a mixup?
Fair enough, I get your point.

The convention of combo extending specials that are enhanced granting slightly more damage does exist in this game but is not applied here. That is my point and my use case.

Nate

Mutant Rebel
Yuuup this sounds right to me. I think working off the assumption of "look how much bar I'm wasting! Obviously I should be doing 40%+ combos" is kinda off centre. She has tons of tools, and like people keep saying, bar has more than one use. Lets not just up and assume that it's automatically a mistake and that you're using tonfa throw in the absolute best possible way as it was intended to be used. Her damage is already pretty fucking sweet. But hey who knows, maybe you're right and they'll "fix" it! I'm not saying you're wrong.

The Magician

According to my sources...
Stop using 2 bars for 35%, and go with the 34-37% 1 bar bnb. If you have 2 bars you can go for the vortex/reset for 50% if they guess wrong. Or just save it for the next 35% off of hit confirm. You guys are trying to make her scale like Kung Lao; she's fine the way she is.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Fair enough, I get your point.

The convention of combo extending specials that are enhanced granting slightly more damage does exist in this game but is not applied here. That is my point and my use case.
dont get me wrong...id love it if it did more damage. Even just a couple percent. But I think it is a useful tool in its own way.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
am playing kobu because I love dual wielding bitches.
I like my tonfa MB combos, but they do less damage than the teleport combos.
this seen counter productive, am being force to not use the special that's unique to the variation.
maybe NRS found BnBs that are more damaging with MB tonfa?

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
What is the point in using it to hit confirm it into super scaled damage? That is wasting the bar, which is my point. It kinda becomes a pointless use of meter. There's no block advantage on it so it can't even be used to keep up pressure.
who told you it has no block advantage? the frame data that doesnt take into account projectile travel time (which is hard to do so its a bit understandable) or did you actually test this in training and discover it has no advantage.

kappie.wp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
who told you it has no block advantage? the frame data that doesnt take into account projectile travel time (which is hard to do so its a bit understandable) or did you actually test this in training and discover it has no advantage.
Do you think I would come in here posting for the fun of it and just make up stuff? Yes I tested it, it's neutral.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
Her damage scaling shouldn't get improved until Goro's does. :p Seriously, complain all you want, but your damage output is still much higher than Goro's even though your offense is easier to start. This game scales like crazy for multi hitters. I really don't have any sympathy for your 30%+ damage. If I do a MB punchwalk or end in a command throw, it does almost no damage.

kappie.wp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I was having goro reversal punchwalk and I could make a full blockstring
What's the startup on punchwalk?

I'm at work at the moment so I can't check. Try with reptile slide or something with a quick startup or get someone to low poke while you do it.

I know Ermac has a fast d1.

If you the read the thread you'll see it's not a buff tanya thread, it's a "fix what I think is a broken mechanic" thread. So you sir, get out.
lol if theres anything broken about this character its for sure not this. or i will demand to fix kanos command grab as it doesnt connect after block strings.

I think Tanya's highly scaled damage was done on purpose to balance the large number of tools she has.
and the ridiculous amount of meter she builds. kabal style.