What's new

General/Other - Kobu Jutsu Damage scaling after tonfa throw is madness

kappie.wp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Day 2 of Tanya and say what you want but this shit is just crazy.

The damage scaling after a tonfa throw (exdf1) is ridiculous and NRS seriously needs to look into fixing it.

For example:

112~df2~df1~df2(ex), ji3~df3, njp, 34~db4 gives you 35%

Add 112~exdf1 (18%) to the above bnb and you get ... 35% still

Add 112~exdf1, 112~exdf1 (27%) to the above bnb and you get ... a whopping 36%

There is no way that should scale so much.

@Konqrr @Eddy Wang @1man3letters @Pan1cMode @whoeverelseisusingtanya

@colt @NRS_JEdwards

kappie.wp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Don't tag devs into similar threads pls unless is a legitimate bug.
Do you think it should do more?
Dafuq you talking about, "don't tag devs" ...I wouldn't have tagged them if I didn't think that it was broken. Anyway, of course I think it should do more, that's kinda the point of the thread.

Hit confirming 112 into tonfa throw and get nothing extra for it besides a loss of a bar of meter? Don't you think it should do more?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Dafuq you talking about, "don't tag devs" ...I wouldn't have tagged them if I didn't think that it was broken. Anyway, of course I think it should do more, that's kinda the point of the thread.

Hit confirming 112 into tonfa throw and get nothing extra for it besides a loss of a bar of meter? Don't you think it should do more?
I mean, Scorpion has a normal that scales his meter horrendously to 25 max damage meterless and 28 with a bar and definitely not 37 with two bars, do i think it should do more? yes, but has NRS fixed? No.

Which kinda makes me think this was intentional as well.

kappie.wp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I mean, Scorpion has a normal that scales his meter horrendously to 25 max damage meterless and 28 with a bar and definitely not 37 with two bars, do i think it should do more? yes, but has NRS fixed? No.

Which kinda makes me think this was intentional as well.
I get what you are saying but to scale it to a point where using it in any combo makes the combo do considerably less damage seems broken to me. In your case you are getting 3 percent for using a meter in a combo to get more damage. But in this case if you use the meter, you either get less damage or get no damage benefit at all.

Raw tonfa throw into the bnb scales it by 4% so you essentially get 31% instead of 35% and you use 2 bars. Not a practical application for it but just to try and get my point across better.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I get what you are saying but to scale it to a point where using it in any combo makes the combo do considerably less damage seems broken to me. In your case you are getting 3 percent for using a meter in a combo to get more damage. But in this case if you use the meter, you either get less damage or get no damage benefit at all.

Raw tonfa throw into the bnb scales it by 4% so you essentially get 31% instead of 35% and you use 2 bars. Not a practical application for it but just to try and get my point across better.
I think both are broken, it discourages their usage in first place because it feels they're not scaling correctly which in consequence discourage the use against characters where that was supposed to be the variation to go but the opponent gets 20% every time they touch you, and we get 20% less.

The big question here is, do Colt and John think is not scaling correctly? Because if this is intentional i can see tanya joining the scorpion club, 3 meters shit damage.

kappie.wp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The big question here is, do Colt and John think is not scaling correctly? Because if this is intentional i can see tanya joining the scorpion club, 3 meters shit damage.
And this, my friend, is the reason the thread exists and why I tagged them.

Personally, as I've mentioned above, I think it should do less scaling and hopefully they will take it into consideration for the next update/hotfix.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
And this, my friend, is the reason the thread exists and why I tagged them.

Personally, as I've mentioned above, I think it should do less scaling and hopefully they will take it into consideration for the next update/hotfix.
not that don't agree with you, is just that when i tried to make my voice heard i got attacked because allegedly i'm "tier whoring" a supposed "top tier" character that everyone that plays only against hate him.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
she has only been out for 2 days.. give her some time. The scaling seams to be related to her massive tool set. For now, just don't use to EX in a single combo I guess.. see how it all evens out.

The Magician

According to my sources...
She definitely shouldn't get more damage. She's like another covert ops sonya, but way cooler. If Sonya's damage was increased she would be even more insane.

I thought it was kinda odd too, but I really don't think she needs to be dealing more damage. She has enough.

I tried seeing if other strings made a difference.. Like 112 ex df1, B1 2+4 ex df1, df2, df1, ex df2, ji3, df3, njp, B1 2+4, 1+3.

It didn't.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
not that don't agree with you, is just that when i tried to make my voice heard i got attacked because allegedly i'm "tier whoring" a supposed "top tier" character that everyone that plays only against hate him.
You were asking for buffs on Scorpion!!
Lol don't try to compare that to this.... What you wanted was madness..

Anyway on topic.. Her damage is on the lower end but its been 2days let's see how she pans out.

kappie.wp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Man, GTFO with you exaggerated damage ... I don't expect 45-50% off a bar like some characters get. The issue here is that with spending TWO FUCKING BARS, you get no damage increase in the combo and if you spend THREE FUCKING BARS, you get an extra 1% so don't come at me with youbullshit, cool? </vent>

The expectation is that she would get a little extra damage for whatever starter plus tonfa throw (which use a bar if you don't know) instead of it scaling to be completely pointless for the use of that additional bar.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
You were asking for buffs on Scorpion!!
See what i mentioned earlier? the keyword here is everybody hates scorpion, there for scorpion doesn't need anything. (bad philosophy)

Lol don't try to compare that to this.... What you wanted was madness..

Anyway on topic.. Her damage is on the lower end but its been 2days let's see how she pans out.
tell me how madness is Ninjutsu B2 to do 2% more damage (currently 3%) which scales way too much damage is any different of this?

kappie.wp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Come on guys ... It's not about her damage output. I don't mind that because 37% for one bar is pretty decent and that's cool. The issue here is the scaling after tonfa throw which uses a meter and allows for combo extension BUT scales to a point where it's kinda pointless using it. It's a waste of an additional bar.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Oh my god this thread is cancer.

Perhaps you should consider using it to help you hit confirm into damage instead of using it to get larger damage...which it clearly doesn't do. Instead your asking for changes 2 days into release?

You get 35-40% for one bar...why would you even go for 2 bars?

I see this move only being useful to keep people blocking long enough to grant you 50/50 or to help you confirm a non hit-confirmable string.

kappie.wp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oh my god this thread is cancer.

Perhaps you should consider using it to help you hit confirm into damage instead of using it to get larger damage...which it clearly doesn't do. Instead your asking for changes 2 days into release?

You get 35-40% for one bar...why would you even go for 2 bars?

I see this move only being useful to keep people blocking long enough to grant you 50/50 or to help you confirm a non hit-confirmable string.
What is the point in using it to hit confirm it into super scaled damage? That is wasting the bar, which is my point. It kinda becomes a pointless use of meter. There's no block advantage on it so it can't even be used to keep up pressure.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
What is the point in using it to hit confirm it into super scaled damage? That is wasting the bar, which is my point. It kinda becomes a pointless use of meter. There's no block advantage on it so it can't even be used to keep up pressure.
This will go down the same road, its not like i didn't warned you before.

kappie.wp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This will go down the same road, its not like i didn't warned you before.
It's going to go down exactly like I mentioned in the "fear the patching style" thread. Had this been a post by a US "pro" then this thread would be going in a completely different direction. However, I couldn't care less right now. I feel that the scaling after tonfa throw is is bit too much and that is my opinion which I think is pretty on point considering the use cases I've mentioned.

Have you ever thought it's sole purpose might not be for extended damage?

It's nice to have a returning projectile and that has a ton of hitstun where you can combo after
Use it for pressure, or if it hits them full screen, run and combo...

The scaling is whatever because she still gets decent damage for 1 bar.

Also, if she had a ton of damage, people would probably cry nerf, and other tools of her would end getting nerfed lel

kappie.wp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Have you ever thought it's sole purpose might not be for extended damage?

It's nice to have a returning projectile and that has a ton of hitstun where you can combo after
Use it for pressure, or if it hits them full screen, run and combo...

The scaling is whatever because she still gets decent damage for 1 bar.

Also, if she had a ton of damage, people would probably cry nerf, and other tools of her would end getting nerfed lel
Yeah, I get that ... but once again, you can't use it for pressure because it's neutral on block. She doesn't get great damage off of that one bar, she uses an additional bar to get her damage. So two bars for 35-40% seems legit? I don't expect high damage, I just don't expect it to scale to a point of redundancy.