What's new

Cyrax

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
So far, Cyrax is my kameo of choice, due almost entirely to his horizontal spin move (hold neutral kameo). It turns almost anything into a plus-on-block situation. Using Cyrax with Scorp, I'm getting about 20% unavoidable meterless chip damage, and it turns all of my unsafe strings and specials into plus-on-block. Pretty nuts!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Did anyone else know that after a forward throw with Cyrax, you can press block during it which makes him do a bomb explosion that pops up the opponent? It costs 2 bars though. Idk if other Kameos can do this (tried Sareena and she couldn’t do anything during a throw afaik) but was this something known? Because I had no idea. It was apart of one of Smoke’s combo trials and then I went to training mode and it wouldn’t work. So decided to set it to full meter and yup, it worked, just costs 2 bars of meter.

I think it costing 2 bars makes sense considering it’s off of a throw. But this could make Cyrax a pretty good Kameo if no other Kameo’s can do this

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Did anyone else know that after a forward throw with Cyrax, you can press block during it which makes him do a bomb explosion that pops up the opponent? It costs 2 bars though. Idk if other Kameos can do this (tried Sareena and she couldn’t do anything during a throw afaik) but was this something known? Because I had no idea. It was apart of one of Smoke’s combo trials and then I went to training mode and it wouldn’t work. So decided to set it to full meter and yup, it worked, just costs 2 bars of meter.

I think it costing 2 bars makes sense considering it’s off of a throw. But this could make Cyrax a pretty good Kameo if no other Kameo’s can do this
That's a game changer for characters that use/need less meter imo, because it gives them a 50/50 combo with hit/throw, or some characters 33/33/33 combo options.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile

Jax can amp his throw like this as well

I've played a lot with Kitana in the first stress test, knowing this I think Cyrax would be the right choice for her, cause I rarely used meter bars with her

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
Horizontal heli-chopper feels like a really good assist, so much so that it's practically the only assist you need from Cyrax. The safety(and chip) it allows the user is just...insane.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Cyrax is my kameo of choice so far. He seems very versatile.

- Kitana sauce and easy fan bomb setups.

- Insane chip damage and meter gain with Baraka and Scorpion

- Let's Reiko's cmd grab become a combo starter

- Gives Scorpion's launching mid to high string an safe confirm

- Rain gets full screen converts off net

- Sub Zero gets safe 50/50s

- Net allows Shao to setup the Doomsday Axe

- Lets Smoke combo off his low and overhead, sometimes makes them safe depending on the timing

- Lei Mei gets Lantern loops and big damage

- Nitara can combo into her blood buff

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
Cyrax's assist cooldowns:

Vertical Heli-chopper: 12 seconds
Horizontal Heli-chopper: 12 seconds
Net: 12 seconds
Self-Destruct: 12 seconds

For the strength of his heli-chopper assist, 12 seconds is an awfully short cooldown.

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
Can someone tell me how the vertical chopper works? Watching people play it seems they know which side the opponent gets thrown at the end, how do you control this?

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Can someone tell me how the vertical chopper works? Watching people play it seems they know which side the opponent gets thrown at the end, how do you control this?
You don't... it depends on the amount of total hits and the interaction between your hits and cyrax's. I mostly try to time my hits with gut feeling but in reality I'm just hoping for the best.

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
what even is this kameo lol

Net is a (pseudo-armored) full screen projectile LAUNCHER + SETUP TOOL ..
and Helicopter:
  • turns minus into PLUS
  • turns string into jailing/armor break sometimes ALSO launching
  • 4.3% chip damage (on hit damage is 3.4%!!??)
  • 21% meter raw meter gain (some chars get 80% of a bar with one touch) on block
  • and for some characters turns (back)THROWS into launchers
?????

I know it isn't a hot take but balance team didnt gaf with this one.

Last edited:

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
Having now seen the nerfed Cyrax, I'm starting to think the kameo just needs an entire overhaul. A MOBA style overhaul. The whole kameo is entirely reliant on the copter assists. And now that horizontal copter was nerfed without anything else being changed, that aspect is really showing. Cyber-Net is kinda middling, and Self-Destruct still sucks, or has extreme fringe use.

In my opinion, I would just completely remove the copter assists, and I am dead serious. Instead, I would completely revamp his self-destruct, and I would also give him a new anti-air assist(maybe his anti-air grabs from MK9 and MKX). I would make this new anti-air assist executed by inputting up+kameo, and I'm not sure on if I'd make it an ambush or a summon.

What was one thing that made playing Cyrax really cool? The bombs! Setting up bombs for combos, and comboing into and out of bombs! With that said, I would have Self-Destruct turned into an ambush assist, and I would give it three versions; close(neutral+kameo), mid(down+kameo) and far(forward+kameo). It would still hit mid, and you could maybe still have it have the ability to hit the player. You can still hold the kameo button to delay the explosion, so you can properly time the detonation for blockstrings and combos. When it hits, it has that big pop-up just like in older games, and even when done in a combo, it has that big pop-up without any gravity scaling; imagine doing one of those aerial strings that sends the opponent down at a diagonal angle into the Cyrax self-destruct where it pops them up again. I think that would be sick!

Cyber-Net I'd probably increase the speed of slightly, just so that it better functions as an invincible wakeup.