What's new

Tech Cyrax Tech 2013: Backwards Hitbox Corner Gimmick

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Our cyrax down in mexico nails us with that backwards punch when we jump over, and he connects it to D1 ragdoll. Pisses us off to no end man...

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
This works midscreen on some stuff, last casuals I wiffed a 1 2 on 4x4lo8o Raiden while he was behind me, he went to punish with superman and it hit him out of it.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
i focus most my footsies around this broken ass hitbox. Krayzie ive messed with this before but the 2 times i went for it against reo i got blown up. Its cool and all but lets get that damage instead lol

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
This works midscreen on some stuff, last casuals I wiffed a 1 2 on 4x4lo8o Raiden while he was behind me, he went to punish with superman and it hit him out of it.
This actually works mid-screen, but its hard and unreliable after the anti-air set-up.

The hitbox itself is great though, like Mayo mentioned. It beats opponents trying to jump over you.

i focus most my footsies around this broken ass hitbox. Krayzie ive messed with this before but the 2 times i went for it against reo i got blown up. Its cool and all but lets get that damage instead lol
Man, against Kabal you don't even get the chance to be gimmicky... lol

Which reminds me. I have a few more things to test, but after I do that, I'll probably make a video tutorial on how to play against Kabal. First things first though, switch to Cyblax... lol

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
2013, the new tech era

Also, I've done these a few times on accident but I've always thought it's just MK9 being MK9.There are a lot of effed up stuff that happens when I play and I never bother to care lmao.

1 thing that frequently happens though is when Sub Zero does Ice Ball or Reptile does Invisibility while near a projectile, it creates a weird square-like figure around them possibly indicating the overlapping of the 2 animations or some shit.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
2013, the new tech era

Also, I've done these a few times on accident but I've always thought it's just MK9 being MK9.There are a lot of effed up stuff that happens when I play and I never bother to care lmao.

1 thing that frequently happens though is when Sub Zero does Ice Ball or Reptile does Invisibility while near a projectile, it creates a weird square-like figure around them possibly indicating the overlapping of the 2 animations or some shit.
Never seen that "square-like figure" before..

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
nifty, obvious downside being leaving yourself cornered should they block it though, but gimmicks arent exactly rinse and repeat stuff anyway. :)

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
nifty, obvious downside being leaving yourself cornered should they block it though, but gimmicks arent exactly rinse and repeat stuff anyway. :)
Its been fun landing it on clueless victims. The reaction is always, "What the fuck?" lol

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I wonder if you can do this mid-screen with Cyrax's U4 kick.

Maybe something like... U4, drop a close bomb, walk/dash (or AA grab) behind them while they're still down, then this backwards 1,2,etc. Perhaps a new bomb setup?

I don't have time to test this. Gotta go to work.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I wonder if you can do this mid-screen with Cyrax's U4 kick.

Maybe something like... U4, drop a close bomb, walk/dash (or AA grab) behind them while they're still down, then this backwards 1,2,etc. Perhaps a new bomb setup?

I don't have time to test this. Gotta go to work.
Any knockdown works. The issue after the knockdown is just timing after that.

Mid screen is a bit harder only because of the hitbox positioning. In the corner there is no space to space out, so the backwards hitbox hitting them is easy. Mid screen is definitely possible though.