What's new

Breakthrough Cyrax is the most progressive NRS character in MK9

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
No disrespect but, I think you've been playing too many net/bomb-only Cyraxes. Granted, while some people are perhaps unreasonably salty about Cyrax (though that does atone for the downplayers/apologists), Smoke beating Cyrax is extremely outdated.
Bomb reset vs Smoke bomb reset is as boring to watch as a Sub ice clone mirror match. Smok cloud through net into overhead is more entertaining

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
not completely untrue, most cyrax players rely too heavily on their bombs and get blown up. but considering he has to take his bombs and net out of the equation, hes forced to play footsies. he cant jump or teleport so hes risking a lot trying to get in, especially if hes leading in with D4. smoke is a spacing character, he punishes characters like this the hardest. (non rushdown characters that are forced to rushdown) ive played plenty of well known cyrax players, its every bit of a 6-4 MU.
While Cyrax wasn't inherently designed as a rushdown character, his up-close game is extremely brutal nonetheless and has more than enough serviceable mobility tools to approach Smoke.

Besides, if not being allowed to jump or use projectiles was a talking point, Smoke would beat Cage, and I hiiiiiiighly doubt you will agree to that lol.

I think everyone's perception of the character as broken is too primitive. Now that we have Injustice and are waiting for MKX we can actually see a patern:
First of all

1. Cyrax had an unblockable command grab in MK 9 before the grappler archetype character was even established by NRS in their games, Injustice had them after that.

2. Cyrax had exclusive unblockable interactable objects in MK 9, which he was setting up himself and which
created OTGs and resets before IGAU!!!

And what still seems progressive :
3. Cyrax had 2 variations in MK 9 (human and cyborg forms) before even MK X which we are still waiting for.

People shouldn't have complained about him, we should be a progressive community now, look back and embrace him as the blueprint of evolution of NRS character mechanics through their games!
He wasn't broken, he just was so much a head of his time that it left him misunderstood.
Turns out every character in an NRS fighting game NEEDS IT!!!
Discuss?????
@GGA HAN
@Denzell
@DJT/MIT
@Krayzie
@ShadowBeatz
@R.E.O.
@GGA 16 Bit
@Tom Brady
@Perfect Legend
@Everyonelse
Kabal was really progressive to, he was one of the only characters with a projectile which could be spammed in the air, plus he has a cancellable dash out of his strings so he could mix them all together in fancy ways with fancy frame data!!!! plus he had a really revolutionary projectiel which had 3 frame startup unlike other projectile

So naturally we shouldn't call him broken we should learn from him and combine it with other characters. Let's make a bunch character with a cancellable nomad dash, unblockable setups with 100% percent resets, a command grab, instant air fireballs, and 3 frame starup projectiles. That way are players don't have to think!!! they can just go on auto-pilot all day long!!!

The_REAL_xVAPORx

smoke reset bot
While Cyrax wasn't inherently designed as a rushdown character, his up-close game is extremely brutal nonetheless and has more than enough serviceable mobility tools to approach Smoke.

Besides, if not being allowed to jump or use projectiles was a talking point, Smoke would beat Cage, and I hiiiiiiighly doubt you will agree to that lol.
lets look at it this way, smoke can do what smoke wants to do in that MU, he can run away, toss smoke bombs, and constantly keep himself at a safe AA distance (for the most part) cyrax cannot do what cyrax wants to do, he has to play it patient and make a couple solid reads. and cyrax doesn't have any fast, mid-hitting, advancing normals like cage does, nor do I find his up close game as much of an issue. lets also keep in mind, they are both going to force the other to break if one lands a combo, so if in an attempt to get in, cyrax is caught by a smoke bomb, hes either losing the round or the threat level of his combos. and smoke wins the meterless damage comparison by a long shot.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
I got tagged before reo, 16 bit, tom brady, PL AND everyone else

And I agree. There's a little piece of broken in every character... stardust from the supernova known as MK9 Cyrax :rolleyes:

god damn we need him in MKX

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Cyrax is a blueprint of what NRS has been doing for the past 12 years. Scaling reset combos through various methods, including unintended OTGs and standing resets into unavoidable unblockables. Play MKA for a moment, and you'll see the same shit Cyrax has lol.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
This is one of those threads you make, then instanly regret, and then you disappear for a little bit because of.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I wonder will he still have some kind of supporting wheels on side in MKX like he had in MK9 - hope not.