What's new

Breakthrough Cyrax is the most progressive NRS character in MK9

I think everyone's perception of the character as broken is too primitive. Now that we have Injustice and are waiting for MKX we can actually see a patern:
First of all

1. Cyrax had an unblockable command grab in MK 9 before the grappler archetype character was even established by NRS in their games, Injustice had them after that.

2. Cyrax had exclusive unblockable interactable objects in MK 9, which he was setting up himself and which
created OTGs and resets before IGAU!!!

And what still seems progressive :
3. Cyrax had 2 variations in MK 9 (human and cyborg forms) before even MK X which we are still waiting for.

People shouldn't have complained about him, we should be a progressive community now, look back and embrace him as the blueprint of evolution of NRS character mechanics through their games!
He wasn't broken, he just was so much a head of his time that it left him misunderstood.
Turns out every character in an NRS fighting game NEEDS IT!!!
Discuss?????
@GGA HAN
@Denzell
@DJT/MIT
@Krayzie
@ShadowBeatz
@R.E.O.
@GGA 16 Bit
@Tom Brady
@Perfect Legend
@Everyonelse

BRUTALITY

Banned
he was progressively broken throughout the games lifespan so i cant disagree

lol leaky boat cyrax, a net and a dream, he needs it etc.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
When I look at Cyrax and I add to it the crazy stuff (wired animations, hitboxes, glitches and more) I wonder what they were thinking when the game was realised and all the dirt started to pop out...
I mean I get that they had the flow and money in from WB brothers and it was like old days....even though they were 20 years older but nothing will take away the feeling when You sniff and start to party...but they could do better with entire patching/fixing policy and focus on the game that bought'em a ticket back on the road.

As a fan of the series it is sad to see this game was left out like that...and seeing folks from this forum dropping the game.

Other from Few MU the game is playable and the shit I mentioned.

I hope the flow with MK X won't bring the game same fate that MK9 shared.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I sort of thought about this during the MKX breakdown at E3, and yeah, I do think Cyrax's design oversights inspired the style-specific moves rather than take a chance on a clusterfuck of moves collectively

As for Human Cyrax... let's not get carried away, his discovery was a total fluke lol. Human Sektor's relatively meagre differences goes to further solidify that.

Superi0rMagik

You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent
Yea guys %100 combos are not broken gtfoh and how nrs gave up on their die hard mk fans show they only care about the money! Disagree if you want but I love this game and would never give up on fans! IG actually cares about their fans but not nrs! Boon needs $ for poon! Quitting is not an option! IG is a perfect example!

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
You cant JUMP on him, you cant cross him up. you cant outfootsie him, you block a jump in attack and you are fucked, you dont and you are fucked much worse lol. yeah we shouldnt have complained. He needed it!

The_REAL_xVAPORx

smoke reset bot
dude..... cryax is broken. he is so OP'd that he made it to broken tier without an armored combo starter. I disagree with @MK_Trickylizard though, cyrax can be out footsied. smoke dominates that MU, its hands down my favorite MU to play at the highest level.

Superi0rMagik

You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent
dude..... cryax is broken. he is so OP'd that he made it to broken tier without an armored combo starter. I disagree with @MK_Trickylizard though, cyrax can be out footsied. smoke dominates that MU, its hands down my favorite MU to play at the highest level.
It's an awesome match after he hits you and the round is over! Hats off!

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
No disrespect but, I think you've been playing too many net/bomb-only Cyraxes. Granted, while some people are perhaps unreasonably salty about Cyrax (though that does atone for the downplayers/apologists), Smoke beating Cyrax is extremely outdated.

The_REAL_xVAPORx

smoke reset bot
No disrespect but, I think you've been playing too many net/bomb-only Cyraxes. Granted, while some people are perhaps unreasonably salty about Cyrax (though that does atone for the downplayers/apologists), Smoke beating Cyrax is extremely outdated.
not completely untrue, most cyrax players rely too heavily on their bombs and get blown up. but considering he has to take his bombs and net out of the equation, hes forced to play footsies. he cant jump or teleport so hes risking a lot trying to get in, especially if hes leading in with D4. smoke is a spacing character, he punishes characters like this the hardest. (non rushdown characters that are forced to rushdown) ive played plenty of well known cyrax players, its every bit of a 6-4 MU.