What's new

Strategy Cyborg zoning/keep away

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
some characters like flash can duck the fireballs though. do you already know all the characters in the game that can duck the fireball curbo?
I don't get what you mean by ducking the fireballs? Like actually duck under the fireballs or like dash underthem? There are few characters that when you gun them fast enough and low enough they cant do anything because fireball hits them ducking. I was just woundering because someone tried telling me that characters can dash under it while you are shooting it which isn't correct.

I don't get what you mean by ducking the fireballs? Like actually duck under the fireballs or like dash underthem? There are few characters that when you gun them fast enough and low enough they cant do anything because fireball hits them ducking. I was just woundering because someone tried telling me that characters can dash under it while you are shooting it which isn't correct.
brady told me that the ''low hitbox characters'' in this game are basically the ones that can duck cyborgs iafb.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
I love Cyborg's zoning and keep away game; he's the easiest character I've played with to get away from Grundy's super. The setups and pressure you can get with his radar missle and iafb's are great (though I too can't get the iafb consistently as of yet) and can be used to get rushers to think twice about coming in, and can control the mid and far ranges very well.

IMO Cyborg's rush game is only decent as he has some goo mix ups, but IMO they are really they are just to switch up the offence at times, and/or just to create distance and continue the zoning pressure. I only rush with him when the match dictates, or when I'm bored of the match in general.

Thead

Noob
So what's the input for IAFB? Still struggling to figure this out and I'm new to this system.
IAFB just means Instant Air Fire Ball, which means you perform his Air Fireball at the very first frame you jump. The notation therefor would be UBF 1 (Up Back Forward X/Sqaure [Xbox/PS3]).

Cyborg can machine gun his air projectile extremely rapidly and extremely low if you do it right.

Is IAFB more difficult on alternate controls?
Cyborg's instant air nova blaster is a little tricky since you can't buffer the up with back but i found a consistent technique where you tap up and quickly roll your thumb over back to forward (on pad). Also, the timing for up is crucial if you want to machine gun it low to the ground. Here's a video of me chucking some out if you want to see/hear the timing. OP IMO.

Cyborg's instant air nova blaster is a little tricky since you can't buffer the up with back but i found a consistent technique where you tap up and quickly roll your thumb over back to forward (on pad). Also, the timing for up is crucial if you want to machine gun it low to the ground. Here's a video of me chucking some out if you want to see/hear the timing. OP IMO.

It says the video is private.

Forgot to post the video of the ianb hitting ducked characters. I believe this is only possible if you do the nova blaster on the very first frame of Cyborg's jump. Trust me, it aint easy..

Dime_x

Noob
Hmmm.... First post here. I was looking at all these tips for instant air fireball... Couldnt get it. Then i started to do the input as:

5,9,5,4,1,2,3 and had much more success with at least getting them to consistently come out and easily hit shamans head than rolling the joystick upwards then back down.

Id go so far as to say that thats "the trick" you gotta go from neutral and just flick the controller through all the motions... Feels like the timing for inputting a dp.

After those first tries and getting them to hit shazams head i felt progress was being made so i instead tried to do it from this motion:

But i still wasnt getting the super low fireballs... Cause i was losing time transferring from 4 to 5 ...

My next try was to use this motion:

And that was the trick. For me its the quickest way to get out chest height or lower (basically near the same height as the ground fireball) fireballs.

The cool thing here is that once one true iafb is done you can just hold up back as its going through its motions and then just as you recover and land and jump just roll from 7 to 3... They basically pump themselves out at that point.

So the 2 tricks are start at neutral instead of rolling to one of the up directions, and after that you just have to be REALLY FREAKING FAST to be able to get off 1 perfect iafb... From there the timing gets close to autopilot with the only worry being if you messed up the timing slightly then the timing for the next one will be off. So even though the timing becomes easy, its still very execution intensive cause you have to time them near perfectly, you just no longer have to perform wrist/thumb gymnastics.

Im using a fighting edge to do these, it won't be much different on a te... And on a pad i can only imagine that it would be even easier cause there is no need to move the pad to up. Just press up back then roll to down forward.

Hope that helps some people :)

-edit

Found another trick... Though this is for stick users only. Usually when i go to jump i go all the way to where i can feel the corners... But for iafb, since it requires the first fireball to be done at crack monkey speed... Its alot easier if you get used to doing it WITHOUT Feeling the diagonals... There is alot less motion used as far as distance when you dont touch the diagonals and less distance is equal to faster time.

The only problem is learning the sweet spot on your stick as well as missing one of the inputs for not using enough motion... But basically if you use a jap stick and you are willing to work on it i dont see why anyone wouldnt be able to master this with some good practice.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
It's way too early to say Cyborg sucks, but I don't see him being very high on the list, iAF or not.
Just saying, but I don't see what he can do that the other zoners can't do better.
Devil Trigger and Have Some Candy! (my fullscreen MB Assault Rifle mixup off of the grenade, which is a pain in the ass to do right online because the recovery frames kind of drag :( ) are both on their own better tools than anything a Cyborg who can't hit the iAF down to the floor is gonna throw at me. He seems like a less scary Jax with Sektor missles that can't home in.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Listen cyborg is the best in the game. IAFB when done right are block infinites midscreen to full screen and works on every character but 5 of them. He is broken and needs fixing.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Listen cyborg is the best in the game. IAFB when done right are block infinites midscreen to full screen and works on every character but 5 of them. He is broken and needs fixing.
They're block infinites from point blank, actually. You can't even do anything from there.