What's new

Strategy Cyborg zoning/keep away

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Hey guys started playing the game a day or two before release and realized that Cyborg is prolly the best zoner in the game. Now this is just my opinion. Now his iafb I have not gotten down 100% yet, I can do them in practice mode but they feel a little funny online. Hitting low like kabal's you really don't give them a chance to really fire anything back. Now unlike kabal in this game the 1st iafb doesn't dissapear if you shoot it too fast. Which means you have to constantly be aware of it from full screen. I haven't had too much exp playing against most of the heavy dude zoners yet but lemme tell you this, black adam, superman, batman, and most likely the flash are gonna have an extremely hard time vs cyborg. I fought playing to w1n's deathstroke but only used batman against him, I will test and let you guys know how it goes. I believe it will be another kabal vs stryker MU once again but unlike in MK, if I hit you with one iafb, you can't push yourself full screen to make one of my fireballs dissapear and take advantage of that to hit me out of my pattern, I can keep gunning them and you have to block. From what I've seen you can jump over an iafb and land without cyborg's second one hitting you which is good because kabal was able to gun them out fast enough where you couldn't jump. These are just some things I've been thinking about. His iafb are alot harder in this game then mileena's/liu's were in mk9 for sure. But seeing that he can range from hitting the top of your head to getting them low enough to hit your chest kinda worries me. If you can get them consistantly to hit your opponents chest it will be a problem.

Cyborgs zoning only becomes a super problem vs characters that cannot duck his perfect IAF. For those that can, they can and will get in on him. This isn't Kabal because characters in this game are more equipped to deal with it.

Zoning is not op in this game but Cyborg and Deathstroke are 2 of the best at zoning.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Hey guys started playing the game a day or two before release and realized that Cyborg is prolly the best zoner in the game. Now this is just my opinion. Now his iafb I have not gotten down 100% yet, I can do them in practice mode but they feel a little funny online. Hitting low like kabal's you really don't give them a chance to really fire anything back. Now unlike kabal in this game the 1st iafb doesn't dissapear if you shoot it too fast. Which means you have to constantly be aware of it from full screen. I haven't had too much exp playing against most of the heavy dude zoners yet but lemme tell you this, black adam, superman, batman, and most likely the flash are gonna have an extremely hard time vs cyborg. I fought playing to w1n's deathstroke but only used batman against him, I will test and let you guys know how it goes. I believe it will be another kabal vs stryker MU once again but unlike in MK, if I hit you with one iafb, you can't push yourself full screen to make one of my fireballs dissapear and take advantage of that to hit me out of my pattern, I can keep gunning them and you have to block. From what I've seen you can jump over an iafb and land without cyborg's second one hitting you which is good because kabal was able to gun them out fast enough where you couldn't jump. These are just some things I've been thinking about. His iafb are alot harder in this game then mileena's/liu's were in mk9 for sure. But seeing that he can range from hitting the top of your head to getting them low enough to hit your chest kinda worries me. If you can get them consistantly to hit your opponents chest it will be a problem.
i bet they did this for the lack of combos he can do midscreen, i just dont see where cyborg can get damage from, his missiles aren't unblockable and he doesn't have a string that launches and convert to wall bounce ground bounce.

i bet they did this for the lack of combos he can do midscreen, i just dont see where cyborg can get damage from, his missiles aren't unblockable and he doesn't have a string that launches and convert to wall bounce ground bounce.

Midscreen his damage is still good. Corner he does 50%

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Everyone who thinks they have the best zoner hasn't fought Raven.
She is a zoner... who crushes zoners. Deathstroke, Cyborg and any other projectile heavy characters are literally going to have to change how they play to beat her. At least from the VERY little i've noticed about her move set and abilities.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
She is a zoner... who crushes zoners. Deathstroke, Cyborg and any other projectile heavy characters are literally going to have to change how they play to beat her. At least from the VERY little i've noticed about her move set and abilities.
joker does well vs deathstroke too

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Cyborgs zoning only becomes a super problem vs characters that cannot duck his perfect IAF. For those that can, they can and will get in on him. This isn't Kabal because characters in this game are more equipped to deal with it.

Zoning is not op in this game but Cyborg and Deathstroke are 2 of the best at zoning.
Dude it is op. Get them low enough its a problem vs everyone

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
I tested it she gets beat by him. Her tele grab will get hit by iagb and also when she teles in her trait cyborg can punish.

Am I the only one seeing him as a good zoner but just as good of RTSD character? He has so many strings that he can DC to keep pressure of back away for more space. Would explain why his mid screen combos ( for now) are sort of lacking? (Still think there is combo possibility with the 113xspecialxDC string where he may be able to extend the combo based on timing.)

And I'm thinking he has a semi-unblock able setup with his missile now being an overhead if you can trap them right on knock down.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I can get them pretty well while going backwards. They hit a crouch solomongrundy. But they are extremely hard to get from a Neutral Jump position (ie instant projectiles and not moving backwards...)

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
Don't have this game yet, but i've been planning on maining Cyborg for a while now. I knew he'd have great zoning, but how is his rushdown? Does he have descent pressure or mix-ups?

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
Also zoning is all he really has, I've been in the lab with him and can't find anything damaging midscreen

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Also zoning is all he really has, I've been in the lab with him and can't find anything damaging midscreen

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
He has some great normals and setups though. Standing 2 is a great check...and he can make an escape from any normal by canceling into forward or backward grapple...just getting damage is a problem haha

some characters like flash can duck the fireballs though. do you already know all the characters in the game that can duck the fireball curbo?