What's new

Cyborg Match Up Chart

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Hey, heres my attempt at a match up chart for my main Cyborg. This is my opinion based on my experiences so ofc feel free to discuss anything you disagree with (without being disrespectful would be nice :) )
I dont know anyone who mains cyborg so no tags lol

Sub Zero: 5 - 5
Swamp thing: 6 - 4
Cyborg: 5 - 5
Catwoman: 4 - 6
Flash: 5 - 5
Green Lantern: 5 - 5
Harley Quinn: 5 - 5
Batman: 4 - 6
Redhood: 4 - 6
Superman: 5 - 5
Joker: 6 - 4
Atrocitus: 5 - 5
Grodd: 6 - 4
Cheetah: 6 - 4
Deadshot: 4 - 6
Poison Ivy: 5 - 5
Starfire: 4 - 6
Black Mantis: 5 - 5
Supergirl: 4 - 6
Green Arrow: 4 - 6
Dr Fate: 4 - 6
Blue Beetle: 5 - 5
Firestorm: 5 - 5
Aquaman: 4 - 6
Black Canary: 5 - 5
Darkseid: 4 - 6
Wonder Woman: 5 - 5
Black Adam: 5 - 5
Captain Cold: 4 - 6
Robin: 6 - 4
Scarecrow: 6 - 4
Bane: 5 - 5
Braniac: 5 - 5
Raiden: 5 - 5

Winning: 6
Losing: 11
Even: 17

Last edited:

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Hey, heres my attempt at a match up chart for my main Cyborg. This is my opinion based on my experiences so ofc feel free to discuss anything you disagree with (without being disrespectful would be nice :) )
I dont know anyone who mains cyborg so no tags lol

Sub Zero: 5 - 5
Swamp thing: 6 - 4
Cyborg: 5 - 5
Catwoman: 4 - 6
Flash: 5 - 5
Green Lantern: 5 - 5
Harley Quinn: 5 - 5
Batman: 4 - 6
Redhood: 4 - 6
Superman: 5 - 5
Joker: 6 - 4
Atrocitus: 5 - 5
Grodd: 6 - 4
Cheetah: 6 - 4
Deadshot: 4 - 6
Poison Ivy: 4 - 6
Starfire: 4 - 6
Black Mantis: 5 - 5
Supergirl: 4 - 6
Green Arrow: 4 - 6
Dr Fate: 4 - 6
Blue Beetle: 5 - 5
Firestorm: 5 - 5
Aquaman: 4 - 6
Black Canary: 5 - 5
Darkseid: 5 - 5
Wonder Woman: 5 - 5
Black Adam: 5 - 5
Captain Cold: 4 - 6
Robin: 6 - 4
Scarecrow: 6 - 4
Bane: 5 - 5
Braniac: 5 - 5
Raiden: 5 - 5

Winning: 6
Losing: 11
Even: 17
Can you tell why Batman is 4-6 because even if Cy. can’t deal with him once he’s in, it’s not that easy for Batman get in.

colby4898

Can you tell why Batman is 4-6 because even if Cy. can’t deal with him once he’s in, it’s not that easy for Batman get in.
I could see it being 5 - 5, I couldnt decide which one to put.
I think just because he has weak anti airs, no 6 frame jab making it hard to deal with his pressure, stubby range on his norals. But I agree it can be hard for batman to get in.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Also, here are a few MUs I think are different from what you posted:
  • Starfire...5-5
  • Poison Ivy...6-4
  • Green Arrow...5-5
  • Dr Fate...5-5
  • Aquaman...5-5
  • Captain Cold...5-5

colby4898

You have Ivy beating Cyborg? Wtf do you even play the game?
(without being disrespectful would be nice :) )
I knew it was too much to ask... peoplw get suprisigly defensive when it comes to video games lol

Tbf there could for sure be some bias, as Ivy is my personal kryptonite. From my experience she does well just playing defensive against his zoning and usig bark skin, trait and drills to slowly chip at away at borg. Maybe I just need more experience. :)

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
I knew it was too much to ask... peoplw get suprisigly defensive when it comes to video games lol

Tbf there could for sure be some bias, as Ivy is my personal kryptonite. From my experience she does well just playing defensive against his zoning and usig bark skin, trait and drills to slowly chip at away at borg. Maybe I just need more experience. :)
I tend to completely ignore her trait as Cyborg. I'll just keep jumping and Nova Blasting, regardless of whether Yoshi is out or not (and up close, push-block)

colby4898

Also, here are a few MUs I think are different from what you posted:
  • Starfire...5-5
  • Poison Ivy...6-4
  • Green Arrow...5-5
  • Dr Fate...5-5
  • Aquaman...5-5
  • Captain Cold...5-5
I personally think starfire outzones cyborg so put it as 4 - 6.

Poison Ivy as above. Like I said shes my personal kryptonite so probs a bit of bias.

I think green arrow does well against cyborg with his trait fire arrows, able to match him in the air with his projectiles and quick recovery and knockdown puts any projectile trades in his favour.

Fate I think zoning may be even. Air down fireball deffo helps getting over his projectiles, but with good orb usuage and ankhs, better range normals and better get away from me moves and better damage makes me feel like cyborg loses this one.

Aquaman I put as 4 - 6 because he can just play super defensively. Cyborg doesnt have many good mixups so can be hard to open him up, and if he does aquaman can trait out. Even full screen I feel aquaman is comfortable with trading with projectiles. Cyborgs stubby range makes it difficult in the footsies against aquaman once hes in.

Captain cold I feel can compete well in zoning when the snow globe is out. Borgs projectiles arent the fastest recovery meaning cold can quite easily charge trait fairly quickly between fireballs. I see cold being able to chip borg out full screen quicker than borg can, especially with icicles controlling air space for ia fireballs. However I can see this match up potentially being even :)

colby4898

I tend to completely ignore her trait as Cyborg. I'll just keep jumping and Nova Blasting, regardless of whether Yoshi is out or not (and up close, push-block)
I find her trait just punishes me landing and she can get a full screen conversion with her drill?

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
I personally think starfire outzones cyborg so put it as 4 - 6.

Poison Ivy as above. Like I said shes my personal kryptonite so probs a bit of bias.

I think green arrow does well against cyborg with his trait fire arrows, able to match him in the air with his projectiles and quick recovery and knockdown puts any projectile trades in his favour.

Fate I think zoning may be even. Air down fireball deffo helps getting over his projectiles, but with good orb usuage and ankhs, better range normals and better get away from me moves and better damage makes me feel like cyborg loses this one.

Aquaman I put as 4 - 6 because he can just play super defensively. Cyborg doesnt have many good mixups so can be hard to open him up, and if he does aquaman can trait out. Even full screen I feel aquaman is comfortable with trading with projectiles. Cyborgs stubby range makes it difficult in the footsies against aquaman once hes in.

Captain cold I feel can compete well in zoning when the snow globe is out. Borgs projectiles arent the fastest recovery meaning cold can quite easily charge trait fairly quickly between fireballs. I see cold being able to chip borg out full screen quicker than borg can, especially with icicles controlling air space for ia fireballs. However I can see this match up potentially being even :)
I think Cyborg's zoning against Starfire is even. His fireballs do more damage than her's do, with the equalizer being her trait.

Against Green Arrow, I think whoever gets the life lead wins. When he runs out of fire arrows and has to reload, that's a perfect time for Cyborg to setup missiles, trait, etc. and take the momentum back a bit.

Against Fate, downward air fireball is so good that I think that move alone makes this MU 5-5. You can time your air fireball such that you can completely jump forward over his orb and still hit him without trading.

Against Aquaman, 3/4s screen is where you wanna be, just molesting him with downward air fireballs. Getting hit with his trident toss? Pretend you're playing Injustice 1 and use MB air straight Nova Blast, which brings you higher up over the trident and has the MB downward blast hit him.

Against Cold, you can jump over his straight shot and use downward air fireball. If he is charging trait, that's the perfect time to setup missiles and trait (both of which ignore his ice wall). He manages to snow globe you? Grapple out! :)

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Pretty sure Swampy beats Cyborg. You actually can't zone him because of DB3 existing. He out does you HEAVILY from F2 range. He has a hard time dealing with J2. His wakeups are ass so Swampy gets to pressure him free. It's pretty much a wrap in this MU imo.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Pretty sure Swampy beats Cyborg. You actually can't zone him because of DB3 existing. He out does you HEAVILY from F2 range. He has a hard time dealing with J2. His wakeups are ass so Swampy gets to pressure him free. It's pretty much a wrap in this MU imo.
Wait.Does Swamp Thing counter zone Cyborg that hard?What is this zoning meta man....

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Wait.Does Swamp Thing counter zone Cyborg that hard?What is this zoning meta man....
he REALLY does. Cyborg's projectiles have so much recovery and DB3 has so little and they have similar startup that I whiff punish you and have enough time to block a projectile. And you can't instant air cuz you get tagged out of the air. AND it interrupts trait startup making it never come out. Cyborg has to come to Swampy.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
he REALLY does. Cyborg's projectiles have so much recovery and DB3 has so little and they have similar startup that I whiff punish you and have enough time to block a projectile. And you can't instant air cuz you get tagged out of the air. AND it interrupts trait startup making it never come out. Cyborg has to come to Swampy.
I have to respectfully disagree, and I'm happy to play you to convince you otherwise.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I have to respectfully disagree, and I'm happy to play you to convince you otherwise.
hey i am down to be proven wrong and add another 4-6 to my MU chart so i can complain about how shit he is some more lol.

NOTE: I kind of upplay this character I've realized xD
Well well WELL! Sounds like a another GRUDGE MATCH in the making! Lets prove thy might, gentlemen ;) https://testyourmight.com/threads/the-grudge-match-thread.65838/page-4

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
I think cyborg loses 6-4 to joker, sub, wowo and darkseid they can all counter his zoning really well

Vs cheetah 5-5

Robin 5-5